Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

susan lees

Sunday, August 13

Shortly after we got engaged, I received a message from someone we all know and love here at WDW Magic.. None other than @sheriffwoody. :) In some crazy pixie dust stroke of luck that only Disney can be responsible for, we soon had plans for her to take our engagement pictures at the Grand Floridian. Kristi was excited to finally be able to shoot one of the resorts, and I was obviously over the moon about getting pictures done somewhere so stunning... at DISNEY! :joyfull: I'll be sure to share more once life slows down a bit for her and I have them in my hands, but for now, here's a sneak peek. :inlove:
View attachment 222876

We had so much fun "getting our picture made" with her and I feel so blessed that things have worked out the way that they have, all thanks to this amazing online community. :) Plus, she's super talented. What more could a girl ask for? ;)

Kristi had made us breakfast reservations at Grand Floridian Cafe, so we finished up our shoot and made our way inside to check in. When our food arrived at the table and the cameras came out, Dylan quickly realized that there are other people just like me. :p

Our waitress brought biscuits to snack on and I also had a frozen caramel cappuccino. :hungry:
View attachment 222878

For my meal, I had a ham and cheese omelet... pretty standard breakfast food, but I thought it was good!
View attachment 222877

Dylan had the Grand Breakfast.. he also thought it was pretty standard breakfast food. He liked everything except the sausage.
View attachment 222880

Kristi had the Floridian Pancakes... these were my second choice. :hungry: So much food! Lol
View attachment 222879

The GF Cafe has an interesting breakfast menu because they serve lunch items all day long. You want pasta for breakfast? You got it. :p Overall, I thought it was good! I would definitely go back for breakfast. You all know by now that we love the dinner menu, so really the GF Cafe is an all around win in our book!

We had plans to head to MK after breakfast, while Kristi was heading back to WL to pack up and checkout. :( While we sat at our table talking, she so graciously cancelled her Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ for that morning and we were able to pick it up. :joyfull: Friends give friends their hard to get FP+'s.

We slowly made our way out and grabbed a picture before parting ways. As it turns out, Dylan is not quite as *ahem* capable with a camera as our lovely photographer is. It only look him about 17 tries before we finally got one that was focused on us and wasn't blurry. :hilarious: Hugs all around and we said our goodbyes!

We walked back to the car to get our park clothes to change into and popped over to the Grand Floridian DVC building to change.

The most adorable fountain ever! :joyfull:
View attachment 222882

And the sweetest little bathroom signs.. Lol.
View attachment 222881

We walked back to the main building and ended up in line right behind Kristi to board the monorail. :) We said goodbye again and disembarked at the MK. It was about 9:30am at this point and we breezed right through security.

We were greeted by these lovely people as we walked inside. :joyfull: GOOD MORNING! (PS the Art teacher started singing that song to my kids when I dropped them off today and I simultaneously wanted to :D and :cry: at the same time).
View attachment 222883

I've actually never watched them aside from the old welcome show. :eek: I was happy I finally got a chance to stop and see them perform! :)
View attachment 222885

It was blazing hot already.. We walked right down the middle of Main St. USA before veering off toward Tomorrowland for a FP+. :)
View attachment 222884
Can't wait to see your engagement pictures :joyfull:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Dylan wanted to spend some time at the golf course/range, so I dropped him off before heading out on another solo adventure. For those of you who don't know, Dylan officially works for the Mouse. If you golf at Magnolia or Palm, be sure to say hi to "Dylan from Clarion, PA" if you see him. :p He absolutely LOVES it, so I think he'll stay there for awhile unless a teaching job would happen to open up for him. He has to go to a Disney Traditions class next week and I told him to ask if he can bring a guest. :rolleyes:

Congrats on being engaged to a Disney Cast member!!! Now you can get those employee discounts!!! :)

Songbird76

Sunday, August 13 cont.

Our FP+ window was now open, so we walked to Adventureland! I've really started to love Pirates as of late. Dylan said that he loves it because it doesn't feel like you're inside a building.. it's completely immersive and I couldn't agree more!

I will never stop being annoyed at the ridiculous placement of this ride photo. :cautious:
View attachment 223559

We decided that it was time to head out, so made our way back to Main Street. Just as we came past Casey's I noticed two familiar faces stepping up for a picture. A perfect photobomb opportunity. :p What the heck are the odds? The photographer was like :bored: until @sheriffwoody realized what was happening and said, "It's okay, we know them." :hilarious:
View attachment 223563

We said goodbye FOR REAL this time and hopped on the monorail. :) My celebrity status is finally escalating. :p
View attachment 223560

Before we had gone to MK, @sheriffwoody sent me a video of Richard saving the world from a giant, nasty snake who decided to crawl right across the pavement in front of the entrance to the GF. Dylan and I walked through just a few minutes later and found Richard staring into the bushes, probably making sure the snake didn't decide to turn around. :p

Anyway, it's been a major bucket list item for me to meet and take a picture with Richard. However, I chickened out and just said good morning to him. I was bummed about it and regretted not jumping at the opportunity. :(

I was overjoyed when we walked out of the lobby and I saw him still standing outside. :joyfull: Dylan asked if I wanted to ask him for a picture, so I put on my big girl britches and walked up to him. I asked if he would mind taking a picture and he said, "Oh well sure!" and offered me his arm. :inlove::cry: I can't deal with the cuteness overload.

LOOK AT HIM!!! :inlove:
View attachment 223561

I thanked him and told him that I was happy I finally got to meet him because he's basically a celebrity around these parts, to which he laughed and disagreed with a wave of his hand. SO STINKIN' CUTE! :joyfull:

Dylan wanted to spend some time at the golf course/range, so I dropped him off before heading out on another solo adventure. For those of you who don't know, Dylan officially works for the Mouse. If you golf at Magnolia or Palm, be sure to say hi to "Dylan from Clarion, PA" if you see him. :p He absolutely LOVES it, so I think he'll stay there for awhile unless a teaching job would happen to open up for him. He has to go to a Disney Traditions class next week and I told him to ask if he can bring a guest. :rolleyes:

Epcot was my next destination.. I needed a little World Showcase in my life! I stood in line for security behind a family with two daughters, probably around the age of 10. The parents went on one side of the table, while the girls were on my side. They had this cup of ice while they waited in line, and since they had finished the ice by the time they got up to the table, decided to leave it there for somebody else (ME) to throw away for them. I picked the cup up multiple times and sat it down on the table right in front of them and the parents, hoping they'd take the hint and throw it away themselves. Nope. I was their maid. :mad: It's not a big deal.. it was one cup. But like???
View attachment 223554

Hello old friend. :joyfull:
View attachment 223553

I rode Test Track in the single rider line, waiting about 20 minutes. Apparently I don't have a ride photo to prove it. That was my only ride for the day before heading to WS. :)

Food & Wine booths are appearing!!! :D I'm seriously SO excited that I get to finally experience it this year! I've already started making my list of things I want to try. :p The beauty of being a local is that I can space out the things I want to try throughout the course of the festival and not have to worry about being too full to try everything in one day!
View attachment 223555

View attachment 223556

Honestly, the primary reason for Epcot being my choice of park for today and I'm not ashamed. :cool:
View attachment 223558

The line was INSANE but I decided to wait. I took the opportunity to call my mom and chat for a few minutes. :)

FYI- Passholders get a discount here! I didn't realize that we did, but the CM noticed my AP band and took it off for me! I've been munching on this popcorn in my lunch all week. Have I mentioned that I love being a local? ;)
View attachment 223562
F&W is on my Disney Bucket List....someday.
Um....is that guy in the back of PoC picking his nose??

Songbird76

Personally, I think you were too subtle with the cup. Next time (hopefully there isn't a next time because the world suddenly becomes better mannered ;)) you should flash a lovely smile and say "here, you've forgotten your cup".

Your updates give me something enjoyable to read with my morning coffee, so thanks! :)
My husband did that once to a group of teenagers who dropped something on the ground rather than throwing it away. He picked it up and gave it back to them "OH, you dropped your cup!" and they looked at him funny, set it down somewhere, and my Hubby gave it back to them again. I think he ended up giving it back 3 times before they got the hint, and grudgingly threw it away since he was watching.

gdisneyfans

Thank you! :joyfull: The Dapper Dans are next on my list! I've heard them in passing, but I've never stopped and actually watched. I know that I'm missing out big time so I must remedy that soon! ;)

It's pretty darn awesome! :p

Awww thank you! Happy to help keep those Disney blues at bay. :)

Exciting!!! Which parks are you planning on?
We're at Epcot Saturday evening and MK Sunday:)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Still can't believe you guys saw us out of all those people! So crazy!

So glad you decided to stop and take a picture with Richard. He's such a doll!

Also UGHHHHH that popcorn! If I lived there, I'd probably eat way too much of that stuff :D

I know! Lol. It was perfect timing! Richard is perfection. :inlove: I'm 100% certain that this won't be the last time I make a random trip to Epcot for popcorn to pack in my lunch. :hilarious:

You look like a true Floridian, getting a nice tan going!!

I am STILL so jealous of your adventures and now your celeb status!

Aww thank you! :joyfull: I still feel like I'm living in a fantasy!

"It's a thing" :hilarious:

He was ready to clock me a good one. :hilarious:

I love the MU hat! I keep talking myself out of buying one :inlove: Dylan working for the mouse, he's gotta be fully converted by now! I'm loving this thread, thanks for sharing :D

I always did too but I'm so glad I finally bought it! Makes my undone hair look slightly more acceptable. :p I really think he's a full convert.. Mission accomplished! ;)

Thanks for reading! :)

Oh my goodness! So much to love here! Where do I begin?

WDW Magic meetups ❤️
Beautiful engagement photos ❤️
Shot by a WDW Magic friend ❤️❤️
"It's a thing, just smile" :joyfull:
Meeting Richard!!! ❤️

You're so kind! :inlove:

Personally, I think you were too subtle with the cup. Next time (hopefully there isn't a next time because the world suddenly becomes better mannered ;)) you should flash a lovely smile and say "here, you've forgotten your cup".

Your updates give me something enjoyable to read with my morning coffee, so thanks! :)

HAHA! I don't think that they spoke English or else I might have. :cautious: That's totally something I would do (and Dylan would die of embarrassment if he was with me :hilarious:).

Big thumbs up for the SM picture!

LOL! Thank ya! :p

Can't wait to see your engagement pictures :joyfull:

Coming soon! ;)

Congrats on being engaged to a Disney Cast member!!! Now you can get those employee discounts!!! :)

Haha! I enjoy saying that a little more than I should. :p I'm hoping for some special employee events! ;)

F&W is on my Disney Bucket List....someday.
Um....is that guy in the back of PoC picking his nose??

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I didn't even notice. But it DOES look like he's picking his nose!

So Dylan is a teacher, too? You are elementary, correct? What is his subject?

Yep, I teach 1st grade. Dylan is certified in Secondary Social Studies and Secondary Earth & Space Science.

We're at Epcot Saturday evening and MK Sunday:)

Okay! I'm still not sure what my plans are.. depends on how much energy I have tomorrow. :p But I imagine I'll make my way over at some point. Definitely keep an eye out for me! :)

wishes2013

Oh my goodness- Richard! I think I just missed you at Epcot Sunday (like I don't see you every other day:)) I was there just as the rain was slowing down. Also- carmel corn for lunch is genius. I treated myself to a crepe in France after our week:banghead:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I've been following along and enjoying your report. Hope the move to FL is treating both well. Looks like you're having a blast!

Glad to have you aboard! :joyfull: Florida is amazing! We absolutely love it!

Oh my goodness- Richard! I think I just missed you at Epcot Sunday (like I don't see you every other day:)) I was there just as the rain was slowing down. Also- carmel corn for lunch is genius. I treated myself to a crepe in France after our week:banghead:

Yeah we definitely don't see enough of each other. :p We probably passed each other but you were too busy thinking about your love of Ellen to notice. :hilarious:

I'm gonna be treating myself to just about anything I darn well please tomorrow after our week! :banghead::in pain: Disney will make their needed daily profit off of me alone. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom