Mattercam pictures of the Tower's conversion

dweezil78

That's kinda ugly...looks like it's covered with scaffolding. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

It looks like an under construction Beverly Center!

1.jpg

dweezil78

Seeing it in person is pretty cool! The pictures don't do it justice of how intricate all of the piping is. It's also a modern art museum, so the exterior fits that theme very well!

I agree with whoever said there's nothing wrong with Disney adding pipes, it's just that the scale model really looks lame. I knew we wouldn't be getting exactly what the concept art showed, but throwing on some pipes with light bulbs attached and spray painting random parts of the building and then adding what looks like a Morrocan court yard is just weird. I'm still reserving full judgement until it's complete, but so far I'm not that impressed. At least they're covering the scaffolding with a scrim.

I'm holding out hope that Joe won't turn in something he's not proud of. Guy is crazy when it comes to detail, I can't imagine he'll let subpar work get through.

I'm holding out hope that Joe won't turn in something he's not proud of. Guy is crazy when it comes to detail, I can't imagine he'll let subpar work get through.

He's the big reason why I'm reserving judgement until it's done. Everything he does is pretty impressive, so I'm hoping that with him attached to this, it will end up looking amazing!

Phroobar

Original Poster
It's really hazy there. The Mattercam is having a tough time focusing. It's better in the morning. The shroud is across the building and you can see scaffolding on the right side of the building now. Don't know if the back is covered too.

NobodyElse

It's really hazy there. The Mattercam is having a tough time focusing. It's better in the morning. The shroud is across the building and you can see scaffolding on the right side of the building now. Don't know if the back is covered too.

As of yesterday, there was no scaffolding on the back. Also, unless somebody has seen all sides of the model, we don't know what attention to detail (or absence of) they plan for that side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom