Mattercam pictures of the Tower's conversion

Phroobar

Original Poster
2016-10-14%2015_47_07-Mattercam%20LIVE%20_%20Howard%20Johnson%20Anaheim%20Hotel%20and%20Water%20Playground_zpspeyz3zly.png

TP2000

Saw the tarped Tower this morning while sitting in traffic on Disney Way. It looks even more surreal in person, like a giant smooth beige monolith rising from the earth.

It has been very hazy the past few days due to the unseasonably cool October weather. Temps have been 15 degrees below normal day and night resulting in heavy morning fog and ocean-fueled haze all day, SoCal weather typical for mid January instead of mid October. A more typical warm Santa Ana is supposed to arrive middle of next week, which should clear out this cool haze.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
No picture today. It's too hard to see with that wet stuff falling from the sky. The weatherman says it is water. But that is ridiculous. How did water get in the sky? Besides, water isn't blood red like this.

Aw heck... I definitely got a question for Disney right now... Well, actually a few, but mainly, why fix something that ain't broke? They're taking down the landmark of DCA? TOT was honestly one of the attractions that brought guests in AND it had a beautifully decorated queue, but now all of that hard work of done for this cheap money grab. Honestly, I'm getting fed up with Disney's commercial crap here. I would try to boycott DCA, but that wouldn't do poop tbh since they already started... Honestly this makes me sick on a new level just watching one of my favorite rides go down for it's final days. It's like something I love has died... Only I'm grieving a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom