Master of the Parks - Discussion

Matt7187

@BryceM because the 1st challenge ends today and the majority of the people never submitted their ideas, will we have a waiting period so you can get more people to join, or will we get our new prompt tomorrow?

BryceM

Original Poster
@BryceM because the 1st challenge ends today and the majority of the people never submitted their ideas, will we have a waiting period so you can get more people to join, or will we get our new prompt tomorrow?
The day is not over. Hopefully more people will post. I will not have a waiting period because I already told two people who missed sign-ups that they can join if not all of the people post.

SyracuseOrange

Darn it, I take a break from the forums for a couple weeks as I'm starting a new job, and just when I feel like I can scan WDWMagic at work, I see that I've missed something awesome. No way I can enter this in round 2?

BryceM

Original Poster
Darn it, I take a break from the forums for a couple weeks as I'm starting a new job, and just when I feel like I can scan WDWMagic at work, I see that I've missed something awesome. No way I can enter this in round 2?
Yes, you can! It hasn't officially started yet, since the first round was just basically a free round to get warmed up and get the hang of things. With the amount of people who didn't post, it would be great to have another face in the competition.

Check your inbox for Challenge 2.

SyracuseOrange

Yes, you can! It hasn't officially started yet, since the first round was just basically a free round to get warmed up and get the hang of things. With the amount of people who didn't post, it would be great to have another face in the competition.

Check your inbox for Challenge 2.
yay! Thank you.

Tip Top Club

For me personally as a judge, Challenge 2 is all about creativity. In My opinion, EPCOT is the park that needs expanding the least, and Imagination is really the only thing there that I don't love, once Imagination gets fixed, EPCOT will be "Done" for the foreseeable future. (Again, in my opinion) So this is a big one.

Space is not nearly as much of an issue as with the first challenge, there is plenty of space to expand the building, although I would be careful about messing with the iconic facade, the glass pyramids, and the upside down waterfall, very intriguing. That being said, It doesn't say anything about staying with the theme of Imagination so just be careful there.

I would definitely be looking at new technologies, especially for the new upstairs portion, and look at some of the new attractions as well, made in the last five-seven years at Disney, especially smaller attractions, just because they're small doesn't mean they're not good. After all isn't new technology what EPCOT is all about. Along those same lines though, EPCOT has a very specific tone. It's very easy to want to go either to far to feel kitschy, or not far enough and be outdated.

Ultimately the sky really is the limit for this challenge. The first challenge was about storytelling in my mind, you had to re-create a story, but with this one, I have no pre-conceived notions about where your ideas should go. So as Matt said, let your imaginations run wild. And I hope the powers of your imaginations are strong enough and bright enough to withstand the evil forces that invade the Imagination pavilion.

We are about to find out.

Turtle

Does anybody know a good page with photos and descriptions of the original Imagination for Challenge 2?? I've never been to Epcot ever since infantry so I won't know what to include besides the few basic ideas on imagination that I have

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom