Master of the Parks - Discussion

BryceM

Original Poster
Here is where competitors, judges and those interested in the contest may discuss the most recent challenge with other competitors, ask questions or just talk.

BryceM

Original Poster
Is this where we post our rides?
No. I'll open up that thread tomorrow! Be on the watch for it.

Once it's open, then you will have one week to post your rides!

Here you can post any comments on the contest to one of the judges or your fellow competitors. That way there is some form of communication between everyone while this goes on.

BryceM

Original Poster
11, because there is 11 competitors. (If I'm doing my math right...)

But there is a chance there could be less due to future drop outs or people just never posting during the first challenge.

Tip Top Club

One or two notes from a judges perspective.

Keep in mind your location. If you haven't seen New Fantasyland, then study pictures very carefully. Great effort was put it to create a specific tone for the area.
Keep in mind also the physical realities of the space, the backstage facilities in the area for example, and the sight lines as well. One of the most unfortunate aspects of Fantasyland right now is that your view from the front door of Gaston's Tavern is Space Mountain, a little jarring to be sure.
Originality really is key. I know it's been stated, but it can't be OVERstated. Consider watching a video of Enchanted Tales with Belle, and the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS, you don't want to just regurgitate something we've seen before. Re-Rideability is something that's always at the top of my mind as a local.
One other thing, I don't know how the other judges will be, but for me personally I won't take off points for the gift shop. Not EVERY ride needs one, but if it doesn't have one be sure you have some sort of exit experience planned.

BryceM

Original Poster
One other thing, I don't know how the other judges will be, but for me personally I won't take off points for the gift shop. Not EVERY ride needs one, but if it doesn't have one be sure you have some sort of exit experience planned.
This is a good point that I forgot to mention when I released the first challenge.

I should have changed "Gift Shop" to "Exit Experience". Tip Top Club is right when he says not every ride needs one. Therefore, you don't have to have a gift shop, you just have to explain the rides exit, which could be very crucial in continuing the ride experience right until the very end. So you don't necessarily need a "gift shop" but you must describe the rides exit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom