Marketplace Causeway construction

WDWtraveler

Marketplace Causeway construction photo update as of August 31, 2014. Note the decorative facings on the concrete bridge structure are going up. At the "T-Rex" end of the causeway, there appears to be enough plumbing for a food service/bar area, with an extension on the bridge for an "overlook." An old boat dock is floating in the foreground, near the stern of Fulton's Crab House.

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sept 7, 2014. More decorative facings installed at the water line on the bridge structure. Some of the construction walls were lowered behind Goofy's Candy shop which allowed upclose pictures of the bridge surface, showing possible planter boxes and plumbing. The bridge's concrete surface is lower than the adjoining Downtown Disney pavement (see ramp in last picture), implying the final bridge surface may include a brick surface to match the Lilly Pad near Fulton's Crab House.

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2916.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

WDWtraveler

Marketplace Causeway construction photo update as of Saturday, Sept 20, 2014. I originally thought the light-colored cast concrete sections applied to the bridge structure would be the final cover. I was concerned that the light color would leave ugly water marks from the lake water over time. In a section of the bridge near the Lava Lounge of the Rainforest Café, there appears to be the beginnings of decorative stone applied to the lower portion of the cast concrete structure, which would hide the waterline marks.

IMG_2998.JPG

matt9112

This looks great...even though it's just a large mall per say I really like how they seem to be tieing it all up nicely with details and such so it has the theme they originally spoke about. A thematically correct experience. .to a degree.

dstrawn9889

This looks great...even though it's just a large mall per say I really like how they seem to be tieing it all up nicely with details and such so it has the theme they originally spoke about. A thematically correct experience. .to a degree.
well except for the Volcano and the large Dinosaur Skeleton...

jt04

well except for the Volcano and the large Dinosaur Skeleton...

It was not unusual to find such things during the early days of Florida tourism. By "early" I mean before the mouse showed up. These type "roadside" attractions were everywhere. I would guess that is how they will be 'written in'. Just a guess though.

Victor Kelly

Is this being built to alleviate the foot traffic congestion around the lake and especially in front of World of Disney?
I was not liking it before I saw the newer pictures. Looks really nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom