Maleficent has a new updated look for meet and greet

mousehockey37

Go with what the kids know.... The 2014 version is in right now! Not to mention, from a costuming standpoint, it's gotta be far easier to get the 2014 version ready than the older version.

If they could figure out a way to put her wings on her, that would be awesome... Heck, that'd be something for Hallowishes... Instead of having Tink fly (not that she does for Hallowishes anyway), have Maleficent fly out of the castle with her wings on down the zip line... That'd make some people go :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Monkee Girl

Not a fan at all. Maybe it's just the photo but this girl looks too young for the role. She also looks too bland and has this 'deer in headlights' look about her. The makeup is too simple as well and does look more like a girl dressed up for a costume party as opposed to the real Maleficent. I just can't see her as the character.

However, I hated the old look too because my image of Maleficent, as a kid, was that she had white/pale skin, not green...so I never got why the character was a full wicked witch green. And the prosthetics were just ugly and I thought Maleficent was beautiful (in an evil sort of way). In fact...though I have no interest in seeing the movie, I thought Jolie as Maleficent was brilliant and looked like the character from the 1959 movie. So I have no issue with the new movie update.

ANYWAY, they need to find a way to combine the two. Maybe she should look a little more like the Wicked Queen...she always looks the right age and the make up is great.

This new design is a 'no' for me.

Monkee Girl

This is a video from that Rock your Disney side event. She is amazing. It's the movie Maleficent but as I said, the movie version is what I always saw in the old movie....the way she walked...the face...the make up....So the costume isn't from the old movie, I don't care, she looks great. And I think Disney should have just decided to stick with this design.

Nubs70

New version looks like Padame from Star Wars. It gives me a sick Jar Jar feeling.

If they could go with the Jolie version, they would have every male under 70 lining up for the M&G.

BEARSHOUSE4

It seems to me that this is an attempt to make her more " approachable" and less scary to little ones. There are truly few characters in the parks that are blatantly intimidating / menacing / evil as this one. I cant imagine either of my little ones actually wanting to be close to her! In addition, how many other face characters have to compete with an actual person in a well known recent film? Even anna and elsa avoid that trap. Hard to duplicate Jolie's portrayal unless you are going for a strict reproduction. Fail.

asianway

It seems to me that this is an attempt to make her more " approachable" and less scary to little ones. There are truly few characters in the parks that are blatantly intimidating / menacing / evil as this one. I cant imagine either of my little ones actually wanting to be close to her! In addition, how many other face characters have to compete with an actual person in a well known recent film? Even anna and elsa avoid that trap. Hard to duplicate Jolie's portrayal unless you are going for a strict reproduction. Fail.
Oh the poor melted snowflakes...

Sweet Thing

Not a fan at all. Maybe it's just the photo but this girl looks too young for the role. She also looks too bland and has this 'deer in headlights' look about her. The makeup is too simple as well and does look more like a girl dressed up for a costume party as opposed to the real Maleficent. I just can't see her as the character.

However, I hated the old look too because my image of Maleficent, as a kid, was that she had white/pale skin, not green...so I never got why the character was a full wicked witch green. And the prosthetics were just ugly and I thought Maleficent was beautiful (in an evil sort of way). In fact...though I have no interest in seeing the movie, I thought Jolie as Maleficent was brilliant and looked like the character from the 1959 movie. So I have no issue with the new movie update.

ANYWAY, they need to find a way to combine the two. Maybe she should look a little more like the Wicked Queen...she always looks the right age and the make up is great.

This new design is a 'no' for me.

Word has it the Wicked Queen is being toned down, too. We'll see when she comes out during Halloween.

Cmdr_Crimson

Here's new images of her found on Google...
maleficent-new-look-disney-world.jpg
Bu2q2hOIIAAKSj_.jpg:large

Monkee Girl

Word has it the Wicked Queen is being toned down, too. We'll see when she comes out during Halloween.
Guess we'll have to see when she comes out but I like the Queen's look. Even the main page has her and Maleficent on a picture and she looks perfect. Interesting to see what they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom