Maleficent has a new updated look for meet and greet

Monkee Girl

Here's new images of her found on Google...
maleficent-new-look-disney-world.jpg
Bu2q2hOIIAAKSj_.jpg:large

Picture #1's make up looks 10 times better and that should be what they are going for. But I don't like the costume now. It just looks bulky. Let me say I have never met Maleficent and only saw her close once in Hollywood Studios...she was doing a promo for Fantasmic. This kind of costume is cool for stages because it's big and bold. But for meet and greets, I would appreciate her looking more feminine and sleek. Just my opinion. Either way, Pic#1 is better.

crispy

Here's new images of her found on Google...
maleficent-new-look-disney-world.jpg
Bu2q2hOIIAAKSj_.jpg:large

That's just laughably bad. The first picture looks like a dude who doesn't know how to use eyeliner, and the second one has the most non-threatening face I've ever seen.

(...And I should read all posts before replying because it appears that she probably really is a he. Oh, well, he looks better than #2 anyway.)

Last edited:

TyrantBoss

I KNEW they would neuter Maleficent after that horrible movie. That film totally undid the entire story of Maleficent and made her into a semi-tragic heroine rather than a ruthless, evil villain.
I HATE that Disney did that to a character that has been their head villain for over 50 years. Pretty sad.

It would have been better if that movie was simply Maleficent's version, her opinion, of what happened. If she were telling HER side of the story and painting the heroes as bad and herself as the tragic figure. That would have still preserved the original story of Sleeping Beauty.

Monkee Girl

Why are costumes for Sleeping Beauty characters so bad?

Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought this! It's almost as if Disney animated them TOO Perfectly to the point that they just can't make character representations right.

I find Prince Phillip to be one of the the handsomest princes. I had a guy at work who reminded me of him so much. I always pictured Phillip as the young Tom Cruise type. Preppy boy-I don't know how to explain it...but the park character never looks like the movie. And the outfit is weird...I hate that hat.

And as I said before, Maleficent, despite being evil, was always beautiful to me. Beautiful in that intimidating strong but silent dark way. She was tall, elegant and powerful. So the big thick bulky points on her costume just don't do her justice. But I am glad they got rid of the prosthetics. That was just awful (though...as I said before...stage is understandable)/

Don't even get me started on Aurora. I'll be here all day, lol

Anyway. I guess I shouldn't get to upset...it's just costumes for little kids...right?....they don't care about character integrity...right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom