Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the throw back picture! Gymboree is sadly filed bankruptcy:(
You mean I won't be able to buy any more cute outfits for Tuvalette??!! :eek:

From now on he will not be referred to as just Woody
He is Coach Woody - the playful one!!!!

Max
Thanks for the smile, Max!

I was growing weary every day that I would look for a new trip report from you and there wasn't one... So glad to be following along again!
"Trip Reports from Tuvalu - the next best thing to being there!" :joyfull:
Glad to have you back, @dizfan917 :)

WHY IS THERE A STICKER ON MICKEY'S HAND IN THE AIRPORT?!?!?! :eek:
It wasn't me......promise!!!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
My husband and I love Riverside!! Next year will be our first time staying at another resort (looking like Pop right now unless good room discounts are released) and I'm sad :( There's something that just screams "home!!!" whenever I see the Riverside lobby.

Staying at Riverside in August for the first time. A little out of my DVC element. I am going to miss the fridge. This wonderful trip report and the added comments will be a great warm up for my upcoming journey into the magic.
Hope you both enjoy the upcoming Riverside pics. And yes @Big Hair, there is a fridge....and a coffee maker!

I kept checking for the trip report as well. I was growing concerned!And I totally sang to myself One.More.Time as soon as I saw the title.
Didn't mean to worry you, @rshell68.....or get the song stuck in your head! :joyfull:

Geez - a couple of busy days and suddenly several pages to catch up on. But it's all good now ;)
Take a breath, you've made it!:p

Yeeeeyyyy Tuvalu TR! Bonjour from Belgium!
Bonjour, @Laurenciaa!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con't

Years ago we had to stay in the Alligator Bayou section (or "slave quarters" as my oldest calls it) because those were the only rooms that slept 5. In fact, the AB section of Riverside (then known as Dixie Landings) was the only non-deluxe resort to accommodate a family of 5 ~ that's why we stayed there so often. The Bayou rooms were fine, but I found myself always glancing at the Mansions, wondering what it was like to stay in one of those gorgeous buildings.

One summer when I was checking in, the CM gave me the map with our room number and I was surprised to see our room was in Acadian House.....one of the mansions!! Perhaps trundles had been added to those rooms too? I excitedly opened the door to our room and it was just as beautiful as I had imagined! "Look to see which bed has the trundle," I instructed my son.

"Mom, there isn't one."

My heart sank. I picked up the phone to call the front desk. "We're a family of 5 and we were given a room with only two beds," I said, expecting to be told to return to the lobby for a room assignment in the Bayou.

"No problem, we'll send over a rollaway," the CM said.

Score! We got to keep our lovely room. (Although when the rollaway was open, it was a tight squeeze for all of us.) However on check out day we got a not-so-lovely surprise....an additional $12 plus tax for each night of our stay. It meant our departure time home was delayed as I disputed the charge, noting that we had not requested a Mansion room but were assigned a Mansion room even though the resort knew we were a party of 5.

The charge was removed.

It wasn't until 2010 that I got to stay in a Mansion room again. And from that time forward I decided that I would request a Mansion room whenever we stayed at Riverside. And I am happy to report Woody, Em and I were on our way to Oak Manor.

IMG_7447.JPG

IMG_7448.JPG

IMG_7449.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

Isn't this room charming?
IMG_7451.JPG

IMG_7450.JPG

IMG_7452.JPG

New product line of H2O toiletries
IMG_7454.JPG

Everything was just perfect.....until I closed the bathroom door and saw this:
IMG_7453.JPG

How is it possible for the housekeeper to miss a half-full water bottle?? o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom