Major price increase for Poly

tikiman

It is extremely rare that WDW resort room rates change in the middle of the year.

He's posting 2018 rates.

Rate sheet I have says 2017 rates right on the front. They said it cold happen any week now.

Captain America is correct. There are no facts to say that the parking fee will for sure happen. Just reporting what some at Disney have told me is going to happen.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Original Poster
Rate sheet I have says 2017 rates right on the front. They said it cold happen any week now.

Captain America is correct. There are no facts to say that the parking fee will for sure happen. Just reporting what some at Disney have told me is going to happen.
@CaptainAmerica before you go off the handle, again... I misread it about the $10 and $35 figure. I don't mislead and this is certainly not fake news. If @tikiman is posting something about the Poly I tend to take as gold.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Well, we count ourselves lucky....

1) We are DVC members.
2) We are not homed at the Poly.
3) Coming from MI? We fly, no car rental, no parking.

Now - as DVC members anywhere.... look to the CONTRACT. The CONTRACT is the ultimate source for points, fees, other changes.

Debbie

there was always an extra cost for more than two adults in a room.

Last time I stayed at the Poly there wasn't. If I'm not mistaken, the value and moderates began charging a fee per extra adult for a couple of years before the deluxe resorts did. I can remember thinking Disney was going to get their money for that extra towel used by those cheap people ;) Haha---now I've become one of them!

DisneyJoe

Last time I stayed at the Poly there wasn't. If I'm not mistaken, the value and moderates began charging a fee per extra adult for a couple of years before the deluxe resorts did. I can remember thinking Disney was going to get their money for that extra towel used by those cheap people ;) Haha---now I've become one of them!
Extra adult fee has existed at all levels for at least 10 years. Disney can be inconsistent in applying it.

CaptainAmerica

Were you in a villa by any chance? The fee does not apply to villas (including studios).

Tuvalu

Premium Member

Extra adult fee has existed at all levels for at least 10 years. Disney can be inconsistent in applying it.
We stayed at the Poly 15 years ago when my oldest turned 18 and the extra person fee applied.

correcaminos

Well, we count ourselves lucky....

1) We are DVC members.
2) We are not homed at the Poly.
3) Coming from MI? We fly, no car rental, no parking.

Now - as DVC members anywhere.... look to the CONTRACT. The CONTRACT is the ultimate source for points, fees, other changes.
The contracts have nothing about perks though. So not all changes and such will be listed.

Debbie

I should have added that most of you may have still been in diapers the last time I stayed at Poly. In 1999. We got an annual passholders rate of $159! We also stayed there in November/December of 1998, for my inlaw's 50th anniversary. We got a walk-in rate at the Ocala welcome center for $139 per nite. It was a magical vacation for mother in law, as she didn't want a big reception for their big day; she wanted to see the Christmas decorations at DisneyWorld. I know for a fact we didn't pay extra for four adults that trip. RIP MawMaw, PawPaw, and Don Sr----my son still remembers parts of our trip with his late grandparents and father :)

DisneyJoe

I should have added that most of you may have still been in diapers the last time I stayed at Poly. In 1999. We got an annual passholders rate of $159! We also stayed there in November/December of 1998, for my inlaw's 50th anniversary. We got a walk-in rate at the Ocala welcome center for $139 per nite. It was a magical vacation for mother in law, as she didn't want a big reception for their big day; she wanted to see the Christmas decorations at DisneyWorld. I know for a fact we didn't pay extra for four adults that trip. RIP MawMaw, PawPaw, and Don Sr----my son still remembers parts of our trip with his late grandparents and father :)
The extra person rate is inconsistently applied when using room only rates and adding a person at the front desk / walk in rate,
but much more consistently applied when booking a package ahead of time. I have training in my travel agency training program from 2005 to teach new agents about these fees. I cannot speak to anything before that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom