Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Cesar R M

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have confused it for South of the Border. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about the state it is CURRENTLY in. Yes, it needs long term downtime for that.

The question is, how do they maintain it moving forward.

I've worked with construction at a project management level, and supported and maintained systems similar (in many cases nearly identical) to the tech in Pirates. I have a very good idea what goes into it, and what sort of access could be made if effort and thought were put into it.

My point is, I'm not making some pie in the sky request. This can be done.

Would every effect stay 100% forever without a 2 or so week annual drain for canal and water systems maintenance, and then smaller 1 - 3 day shutdowns littered throughout the year? Probably not, but it would be a lot better than a half year refurb that they let rot for another 3 - 4 years before they rinse and repeat. This isn't the only ride Disney does this with. This is a pattern. So, I don't see why that wouldn't be feasible at all and maintain better overall show quality.

It's not that there isn't a way, it's that there is no will.
ahem.. south of the border?

you mean this because of...?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
ahem.. south of the border?

you mean this because of...?
Because of South of the Border.

The joke is that it's "south of the border", because it is...just south of the border between NC and SC.

I can't believe you've never heard of this place...it's epic on I-95.

It's friggin South Carolina, so you have to forgive them. They are so inbred they can barely talk.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
And are a terrible chain. Tex-Mex done without any of either of the flair.

Didn't say I liked em...;) <------ First ever emoticon I have used on this site ( I think)

Come to my house, I'll make you some Sonoran Mexican food. It'll knock your socks off.... Regional southwestern food is not in short supply in my neck of the woods...(or cactus)

Wow, we've wandered far from the threads intentions.

I hope they do a good job rehabbing Pirates in WDW...There I fixed it.

*1023*

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Didn't say I liked em...;) <------ First ever emoticon I have used on this site ( I think)

Come to my house, I'll make you some Sonoran Mexican food. It'll knock your socks off.... Regional southwestern food is not in short supply in my neck of the woods...(or cactus)

*1023*
Congrats on your first emoticon! :hilarious:

FYI, our friend, @englanddg is a phenomenal cook/chef. He has entire threads dedicated to his culinary prowess. It will be kind of hard to knock HIS socks off.

That being said, I am the kind of girl who dips her grilled cheese in ketchup, so feel free to blow me away.

Cesar R M

South of the Border is a tourist trap in South Carolina.

ohh I see..
hu...
I have no idea what to say..

Because of South of the Border.

The joke is that it's "south of the border", because it is...just south of the border between NC and SC.

I can't believe you've never heard of this place...it's epic on I-95.

It's friggin South Carolina, so you have to forgive them. They are so inbred they can barely talk.

WHAT THE HELL??
Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds.jpg

Cesar R M

*1023*
As a Mexican, I wonder what dishes would you do.

Congrats on your first emoticon! :hilarious:

FYI, our friend, @englanddg is a phenomenal cook/chef. He has entire threads dedicated to his culinary prowess. It will be kind of hard to knock HIS socks off.

That being said, I am the kind of girl who dips her grilled cheese in ketchup, so feel free to blow me away.

not to mention he copies/improves the dishes from Disney.

NormC

I understand what you are saying, but, you basically implied, if not outright said, that there was no reason to not have sufficient parts on hand to repair AA's. I'm saying that I feel sure that they do have the parts, just not the motivation to fix them, on the spot. They may also be without a huge number of people available with the knowledge and experience to fix them and are spread thin throughout the resort. There are two ways to look at that, either Disney is not staffing properly (could be) or there aren't that many skilled craftsmen available to do that unique type of work. (also could be) It doesn't strike me as a type of skill where they can pull up to a Home Depot and hire day help to do it.
I would gladly take the job of repairing the AAs. I have decades of Electronic and Mechanical experience. I would love the job. Preventative maintenance is key. Be proactive not reactive. Fire prevention is better than fire fighting.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
But that would get in the bonus of those managers!
you're fired!

ya see the way it works is you spend money to hire them and show what a great asset it is for this person to be on the team and how much value they will bring and then claim as a major accomplishment for you during one of your reviews... and then when you fire them claim cost savings and showcase again as a major accomplishment... that way it's a win win

corporate world stupidity that happens every day lol

eddy21

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have confused it for South of the Border. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about the state it is CURRENTLY in. Yes, it needs long term downtime for that.

The question is, how do they maintain it moving forward.

I've worked with construction at a project management level, and supported and maintained systems similar (in many cases nearly identical) to the tech in Pirates. I have a very good idea what goes into it, and what sort of access could be made if effort and thought were put into it.

My point is, I'm not making some pie in the sky request. This can be done.

Would every effect stay 100% forever without a 2 or so week annual drain for canal and water systems maintenance, and then smaller 1 - 3 day shutdowns littered throughout the year? Probably not, but it would be a lot better than a half year refurb that they let rot for another 3 - 4 years before they rinse and repeat. This isn't the only ride Disney does this with. This is a pattern. So, I don't see why that wouldn't be feasible at all and maintain better overall show quality.

It's not that there isn't a way, it's that there is no will.
That would require having enough people on staff for these quarterly mini rehabs. Hmmm

cheezbat

Having recently ridden MKs Pirates and just got off DLs, all I can say is they really need to take their time and do this right. The MKs is already a joke compared to the three other Pirates rides...and with all the things currently not working in it, it only makes it worse.

This poor ride needs all the love it can get.

Kman101

I guess they must be doing SOME work overnight, but it seems that effects they get going never last. Just what's the issue with this ride? It really seems to need a LOT of work. I've been skipping the ride because of it's poor condition and the water in the boats and It used to be a favorite that I had to ride everytime, multiple times. Too bad Phil doesn't seem to love it as much as Mansion and Jungle Cruise, which both look fantastic.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I guess they must be doing SOME work overnight, but it seems that effects they get going never last. Just what's the issue with this ride? It really seems to need a LOT of work. I've been skipping the ride because of it's poor condition and the water in the boats and It used to be a favorite that I had to ride everytime, multiple times. Too bad Phil doesn't seem to love it as much as Mansion and Jungle Cruise, which both look fantastic.

It has to be the limited down time of the attraction. If you think about how few hours the park is closed, it would be difficult to repair much of anything. (As many have pointed out, setting up to fix something and breaking it down take time too.) They have time to cobble together a few quick fixes on the AAs and reset fog, lighting, and IC show control items just in time to re-open. It needs major rehab and better overall day to day maintenance after that rehab. (<----This is where things went kablewy last time.)

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom