Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

French Quarter

View attachment 114062

Just got off the ride. Since my first experience with POTC was in 2010, it was awesome to see it after this refurbishment. What a difference. So many things moved, or at least more fluently than I had ever seen before.

Obviously the boats are still an issue. The folks in the front row came off rather wet, front of their shirts and all.

Boat had plenty of standing water. Above is a photo from row 5. Enough water in the boat to get a clear reflection of the light up in the ceiling.

Maybe they should just make the water issue part of the ride. In the beginning, we should get shot by cannons and start taking water.

When life hands you leaky boats...

nelsonj3

im not arguing your point i assure you but your camera has no case? surely your not using it while on the ride :mad: we rode pop-eyes bilge rafts and that is the definition of getting wet. makes kali river rapids look like a dry ride. i put my camera in the case in the center area and it was ok. on all of the Disney rides including kahli and splash ect i would have the camera in a case on my arm (it has a band) granted we just have a nice travel zoom if you have SLR stuff its much bigger but than again how can you enjoy the park if your being the next Spielberg? =P your point on shoes is valid but no Disney ride ever soaked mine.
I only mentioned the camera for others. I don't usually carry one except my phone, and it has a good case. However, Kali and Pirates have now both soaked my feet. That makes for an unpleasant rest of the day (unless you are wearing sandals). I simply want to be able to ride Pirates without getting soaked. That's all. :)

matt9112

I only mentioned the camera for others. I don't usually carry one except my phone, and it has a good case. However, Kali and Pirates have now both soaked my feet. That makes for an unpleasant rest of the day (unless you are wearing sandals). I simply want to be able to ride Pirates without getting soaked. That's all. :)

true that....nobody likes wet feet.

matt9112

I sure hope not. Don't they make you pay at universal?

not to use them while you ride. it is actually tied to the wait time currently for that attraction. so no wait = less free time more wait = more free time.

edit the coasters are the only rides where it is brutally enforced. gringotts and MIB are slightly more lax.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom