Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

When I was there in February it looked like a mess. A crane towered behind the castle and became the focal point. Shame it was my wife and sons first visit to WDW and seeing MK like that was not ideal. Now my wife's impression of WDW is "meh". Looking forward to my November visit when it will be done and pretty and stuffs.
Her impression of WDW is "meh" and she's letting you go back 9 months later? Lucky!

WDWYankee15

When I was there in February it looked like a mess. A crane towered behind the castle and became the focal point. Shame it was my wife and sons first visit to WDW and seeing MK like that was not ideal. Now my wife's impression of WDW is "meh". Looking forward to my November visit when it will be done and pretty and stuffs.
That crane will be there every February. It had nothing to do with the hub construction. It's there each year to take down the castle lights following the holiday season.

Rob562

I really don't understand that stuff. It's not the end of the world that it's there, but it just looks cluttered and unnecessary. Remove those arches (seriously, why are they there?), and maybe cut the little stairs/platform down a bit. The stage shows wouldn't be impacted at all.

If I'm not mistaken, the gold arches and the lift platform were originally installed for the Cinderellabration show back in 2005-ish. They made more cohesive sense when the Castle had lots of additional golden decorations added all over it (plus a rarely-functioning "magic stained glass window"). When the show changed they just left the infrastructure in place and worked the new show around it.

-Rob

jt04

If I'm not mistaken, the gold arches and the lift platform were originally installed for the Cinderellabration show back in 2005-ish. They made more cohesive sense when the Castle had lots of additional golden decorations added all over it (plus a rarely-functioning "magic stained glass window"). When the show changed they just left the infrastructure in place and worked the new show around it.

-Rob

It is completely asymmetrical and looks like they did not finish clearing the stage from a special concert the previous night. It gives the impression of lazy or haphazard management. Hoping their removal is part of the hub budget.

They could always set them on the wall in the new overflow exit.

jrhwdw

While all this craziness is going on, are they going to have the crane around to install the Dreamlights for Christmas?
The thread has already started: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-that-time-of-year-again.902464/

As for the current Stage: it works for DAWM and the arches has strobes which work in DAWM and Wishes so, there's that. However, it would be nice if more people could fit on the stage..If that's the reason CTS doesn't have it's winter number anymore. I know CTS had it on the CSC Stage. Never saw CTS on the 90's Stage.

Interesting that MK has had their biggest shows with just one Staircase right in the middle of the stage: Tencentennial, early July 4th shows, Christmas Spectaculars. It did have a lift in it so that could work for DAWM if MK wants to go back to Spectaculars. IDK how you would save the strobes from the arches.
Although they made America The Musical a good size(bigger on July 4th)on the 90's stage.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

The thread has already started: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-that-time-of-year-again.902464/

As for the current Stage: it works for DAWM and the arches has strobes which work in DAWM and Wishes so, there's that. However, it would be nice if more people could fit on the stage..If that's the reason CTS doesn't have it's winter number anymore. I know CTS had it on the CSC Stage. Never saw CTS on the 90's Stage.

Interesting that MK has had their biggest shows with just one Staircase right in the middle of the stage: Tencentennial, early July 4th shows, Christmas Spectaculars. Although they made America The Musical a good size(bigger on July 4th)on the 90's stage.
tbh, I wish they would finally build an actual theatre for DAWM (and whatever ends up replacing it down the line) in Fantasyland.

It would be a nice air-conditioned break and a seated spot for a show and would allow for demo of the stage and to build a drawbridge, as a moat should have, like Sleeping Beauty Castle in DL has.

Sage of Time

tbh, I wish they would finally build an actual theatre for DAWM (and whatever ends up replacing it down the line) in Fantasyland.

It would be a nice air-conditioned break and a seated spot for a show and would allow for demo of the stage and to build a drawbridge, as a moat should have, like Sleeping Beauty Castle in DL has.
Not doing that for FLE was a big missed opportunity.

jrhwdw

IMO, DAWM belongs at the castle. I know Disnemania moved to Tomorrowland for a while.

The Rocketeer

I get your point, and it's a good point, but what would happen to the music if they built a theatre for DAWM. Would it be "Join the party, an enclosed theater party. You're all invited to come and join the fun" ?

Next Big Thing

I get your point, and it's a good point, but what would happen to the music if they built a theatre for DAWM. Would it be "Join the party, an enclosed theater party. You're all invited to come and join the fun" ?
Well, they could decide to actually do a high caliber show like FotLK with no lip-synching or anything.Then that problem wouldn't exist.

Sage of Time

Theme the dang theater to a castle. You're in Fantasyland. It'll work.
Yes. The space for the glorified Belle meet-and-greet could have been more efficiently used.
Ugh. SUCH a waste of space. A great dark ride could be in that space.

With live singing? And a live band??

You mean like they used to have?
Like Disneyland still has!

erclvrb18

Theme the dang theater to a castle. You're in Fantasyland. It'll work.
Ugh. SUCH a waste of space. A great dark ride could be in that space.

Like Disneyland still has!
everyone at wdw says the reason wdw won't really meet the same golden feel as disneyland is because all the rich people who control the parks operations updates etc, live in California so they focus on there home park and the orlando one its whatever to them... since they don't have to walk in it that often.....

donsullivan

Premium Member
I can't wait to see if the railings on the ramps to the castle on the sides of the stage atre redone. They looked HORRIBLE.

When I was there a few weeks ago, I thought similar as I was walking up the west side ramp, not that they were 'horrible' but they certainly were looking their age and in need to some TLC. Then when I got to the top I saw over the wall that the east side railing had been completely removed. So clearly they are completely replacing the worn out and paint laden rails.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom