Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I actually think the San Angel Inn is pretty good nowadays. Much better than in years past...but that's neither here nor there.

The food in San Angel Inn is OK. I was too obtuse. Here is my thought (moving a bit away from the specifics of SB taking over MSB) - there are essentially two ways this move could be viewed in the larger WDW picture. 1) The franchising of different parts of the park(s) is good, since it will only consist of high end things (i.e. Starbucks) that will upgrade the area in some way (in this case giving coffee aficionados a good cup of joe, albeit at the expense of delicious Disney baked goods) or 2) this could lead to the opening of Pandora's box (reference for fans of culture, Avatar, and ) starting us down the slippery slope to things like T-Bell in the Mexico pavilion. I wonder if most think option 1 or 2 is the most likely thing.

mm52200

I like how even though there are only 9 comments so far on the Disney Parks Blog entry, the majority of them are asking what happened to the cinnamon rolls and the indoor seating...how could anyone have thought that removing the seating was a good idea? Sure it allows them more space to efficiently handle the line and guests, but part of me feels like that they could have still somehow worked the space to somehow include seating still.

rudyjr13

I like how even though there are only 9 comments so far on the Disney Parks Blog entry, the majority of them are asking what happened to the cinnamon rolls and the indoor seating...how could anyone have thought that removing the seating was a good idea? Sure it allows them more space to efficiently handle the line and guests, but part of me feels like that they could have still somehow worked the space to somehow include seating still.

Does anyone know how well the crystal store next door does? Seems like moving that inventory across main street or another spot and making that all seating for the Bakery would be better.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

You didn't even pause before answering your own question. Given a choice between seats and no seats, all else being equal, seats is clearly the answer. But all else wouldn't have been equal. So, given a choice between handling the crowds and no seats, and being overwhelmed but having seats, the choice is to remove the seats to handle the crowds.

ParentsOf4

Since the official Disney blog is censored, I wonder what posts are not making it.;)

Nemo14

Since the official Disney blog is censored, I wonder what posts are not making it.;)

Oh I don't think they'd do that....
paranoid.gif

Heath

Courtesy, Efficiency, Show

Courtesy: get rid of seating so one has nowhere to
sit with the breakfast they just
purchased
Efficiency: corral more people like cattle for higher
turnover
Show: park, tram, ferry across a lagoon,
through the gates, beneath the train, to the
magical land of...well a logo one sees every
every hectic work day, and every 10 minutes
on the interstate drive down

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I like how even though there are only 9 comments so far on the Disney Parks Blog entry, the majority of them are asking what happened to the cinnamon rolls and the indoor seating...

Only 12 comments before the lackage of cheese danish comes up.

I find that 5 f-bombs is their limit. They also seek and destroy "Dora" since the new Jack Sparrow thing opened up. My guess is roll, danish, cinnamon, and cheese will soon be censored. My guess is no one will ever filter out anything to do with seating since you've got to have related words for all the big bench and toilet expansions. It will probably be left up to the individual blogger to look for controversial comments about things like seating.
paranoid.gif

ToTBellHop

It's ALL depressing me.
No indoor seating.
No cheese danish.
No chocolate croissant.
No ham egg and cheese croissant.
No banana bread pudding.
Where can you get QS breakfast in MK? I don't want a cinnamon roll and I tried and did not like the waffles sandwich at Sleepy Hollow.
It's very clear that Disney's view on the subject is: "Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel or go to a character breakfast. Or both."

I am very frustrated at how little fresh bakery is now at the MSBakery. Very sad. I love Starbucks coffee but I do NOT want the processed Starbucks crap to eat. I had expected the Main Street Bakery (and we were led to believe) with Starbucks coffee. What we got is a nicely themed Starbucks. :(

WDW 3

I think we should all comment on the Disney Blog. Even censored someone will get the message (and ignore it). I copied my post from here.
We do stay on property but part of the fun for us was going somewhere new for breakfast.

Animaniac93-98

I must have missed the part of the story where Starbucks shut down half of Centre Street, closed all attractions, dropped all unique merch and cut back on the vehicle's operating hours. I thought it was Disney who created the World of Disney Street, U.S.A. that exists today? Adding a brand that actually cares about its products is actually a plus for the place at this point. It's a far worse travesty to sell a "Cinema" as a shop, but I don't see anyone complaining about that at this point. The only legit gripe here is the lack of seating which could be replaced if Disney would bother to build arcades that run along the back of the buildings, but that's another issue, one again on Disney's part.

Why would anyone complain about selling coffee beans in a coffee shop? Do you really think Disney could come up with a better solution or just more made in China cr@p you can get anywhere else? Maybe some hotel guests want a decent mix for their in-room coffee makers while on vacation.

I'm not suprised the fan base can't see the forest for the trees on this one. They'll continue to moan about this place, but lap up any other food service location's weak offerings because it comes packaged under the extra-magical Disney brand. It's highly likely that in six months time, everyone will still be spending money here and forget why they started complaining in the first place.

PhotoDave219

Only 12 comments before the lackage of cheese danish comes up.

I find that 5 f-bombs is their limit. They also seek and destroy "Dora" since the new Jack Sparrow thing opened up. My guess is roll, danish, cinnamon, and cheese will soon be censored. My guess is no one will ever filter out anything to do with seating since you've got to have related words for all the big bench and toilet expansions. It will probably be left up to the individual blogger to look for controversial comments about things like seating.
paranoid.gif

Six schnitzengrubens are my limit. I am not from Havana. :lookaroun

PhotoDave219

It's very clear that Disney's view on the subject is: "Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel or go to a character breakfast. Or both."

I am very frustrated at how little fresh bakery is now at the MSBakery. Very sad. I love Starbucks coffee but I do NOT want the processed Starbucks crap to eat. I had expected the Main Street Bakery (and we were led to believe) with Starbucks coffee. What we got is a nicely themed Starbucks. :(

Instead you want processed Disney food?

ToTBellHop

Instead you want processed Disney food?
Some stuff was actually made fresh...but in general, yes. At least processed Disney food is only available on vacation. I can (and don't) get cinnamon swirl bread every day.

To me, having good coffee made by Starbucks is fine in the parks. Disney was never known for making its own coffee. But they were known for having great bakeries. That's the loss I lament here. We have lost something that I, anyway, associate with the Magic Kingdom.

ParentsOf4

Hey, I just had a great idea. As a compromise, maybe we can convince Starbuck's to stock former Main Street Bakery goods at all Starbuck's franchises. It could work!;)

Except for the coffee. Everyone agrees the old stuff was ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom