MagicBands begin automatically linking on-ride PhotoPass photos from today at Walt Disney World

mikenatcity1

I went in to mine today and found all of them were there- including Dinosaur, EE and Test Track. I will say- this is awesome! I was sad that we didn't get a couple of the photos- now we can!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We did not get all of the photos that we had taken on Buzz Lightyear. Have emailed Disney about it, but so far no answer.

Texas84

We did not get all of the photos that we had taken on Buzz Lightyear. Have emailed Disney about it, but so far no answer.

Same here. No Buzz. Maybe the cameras were offline that day. I did get Buzz pics on an earlier trip during testing. Still a slick feature.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
There was three couples in our group and only one set of pictures went to our web site. On Mine Train we got them all.

PumpkinEeyore

Does this happen free for everyone, and then should you want prints of photos, you pay for those? Or do you have to have to purchase MemoryMaker prior?

WDF

Does this happen free for everyone, and then should you want prints of photos, you pay for those? Or do you have to have to purchase MemoryMaker prior?

It happens for everyone. Purchasing the Memory Maker just makes them pre-paid and all inclusive.

Otherwise, the photos will show up and you can decide whether to purchase them.

I just checked my account and have Buzz Lightyear photos from a few weeks ago available in there...and I have never purchased a Memory Maker package.

AND it appears that the photos of associated Friends or at least Family will also show up because a photo of my sibling, who was riding in a separate vehicle, is also in my account.

Kevin_W

They CM's told us this went live on the second day of our vacation in June 2014. (And it appeared so - all our ride photos showed up.) What's different as of today?

WDF

They CM's told us this went live on the second day of our vacation in June 2014. (And it appeared so - all our ride photos showed up.) What's different as of today?

Had you pre-purchased the Memory Maker package? It's my understanding that only those who purchased the packages had this occur prior to today... i.e.photos linked to account by simply riding the ride wearing a MagicBand.

Kevin_W

Had you pre-purchased the Memory Maker package? It's my understanding that only those who purchased the packages had this occur prior to today... i.e.photos linked to account by simply riding the ride wearing a MagicBand.

Ah, we had (as part of a share, anyway). I assumed it was working for non-MM people back then as well. Thanks for the clarification.

bethram

Our ride pictures from our trip earlier this month are there and we did not order MM. However, we rode Buzz three times in one morning and only one picture showed up and it wasn't us. I was very excited to see the pictures so I could show my daughter who didn't go on the trip with us.

djn4882

i tried searching for the answer to this question and can't seem to find it... others asked on the disney parks blog and they weren't given an answer too, so i hope the forum can help.

is there an expiration to memory maker? i'm an AP so if i make multiple trips throughout the year, do i need to pay the $149 each trip or is it a one-time fee and good forever?

djn4882

There is a 45-day period for the pictures to be taken - I would assume this applies whether AP or not.
i understand there's an expiration for specific photos, i'm asking if using memory maker is like a magazine subscription. do i need to repay the 149 after a certain time frame (e.g. 12 months) for the convenience of memory maker.

for example, i get an annual pass in Dec. 2014, i take a trip to WDW in early Dec. 2014 and i purchase memory maker prior to the trip. my photos from that trip would expire late Jan/early Feb. if i go back in august 2015, do i need to purchase memory maker again for the convenience of using it in Aug 2015, and for future trips?

dreamfinder

i understand there's an expiration for specific photos, i'm asking if using memory maker is like a magazine subscription. do i need to repay the 149 after a certain time frame (e.g. 12 months) for the convenience of memory maker.

for example, i get an annual pass in Dec. 2014, i take a trip to WDW in early Dec. 2014 and i purchase memory maker prior to the trip. my photos from that trip would expire late Jan/early Feb. if i go back in august 2015, do i need to purchase memory maker again for the convenience of using it in Aug 2015, and for future trips?

Memory Maker only entitles you to 30 days of downloads. Once you download something for the first time, it starts the 30 day countdown. So you could in theory time it so that you download your Christmas trip pictures on January 20th, which would mean you could then download February vacation pictures by February 19th. Obviously you could play with the dates some and get a little more distance between trips, but the max would be 75 days from the first day of pictures being taken. You could pay for a 15 day extension and get a few more days out of it, but thats about it.

djn4882

Memory Maker only entitles you to 30 days of downloads. Once you download something for the first time, it starts the 30 day countdown. So you could in theory time it so that you download your Christmas trip pictures on January 20th, which would mean you could then download February vacation pictures by February 19th. Obviously you could play with the dates some and get a little more distance between trips, but the max would be 75 days from the first day of pictures being taken. You could pay for a 15 day extension and get a few more days out of it, but thats about it.
thanks for the clarification!

DSMDGA

There is a time limit before you have to purchase again. It may be 45 days, but I'm not sure on that. If you bought in Dec 2014, you would have to buy again for August 2015. My son had one from..... maybe July? We had to purchase again for our October.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom