Magical Moments and REAL secrets

tsaintc

During our trip earlier this month, my daughter was talking to a CM in the PORS gift shop (Fulton's General Store). On the counter at the back of the store is a trivia board. Well, my daughter scored an 11 out of 12. The CM was so impressed with this that she gave her a Magical Moments Card. Very cool experience for us.

A few years ago when I took my girls there we were waiting in line for the AK to open and a CM came out and pulled me and my daughter aside and asked if she would be interested in Opening up (turning the key) to the AK gates. We were thrilled and we took great photos of her doing this! This was a favorite Magical Moment experience for my family!

This was not like getting cool certificates but non the less a good time and a magical moment for my family. This past March my family and I went on Space Mountain and when we finished the ride we were asked by a CM if we would like to ride it once again because of how much fun we were having. The CM took us through a private entrance and we were able to leap to the very front of the line. I have never seen this happen before.

Mr_Sir_Butters

Well, I'll be honest. I did not read all of the posts, so if I'm repeating, please excuse my ignorance.
Here are a list of some of my personal favorites:
1. The key under the mat at Muppet*Vision 3D.
2. The wedding ring in the pavement outside the HM. If you can't find it, just ask a CM.
3. The Main Street Windows, for us Walt buffs.
4. The Brown Derby. Not a secret, but the most magical part of my trips. They often give me fastpasses for rides that have run out, i.e. Toy Story Mania, or other little surprises, followed by a magical, "You're in Hollywood, baby."
5. The phone booths around Epcot, stop and answer one. Or, for those of you at home, call one and chat with a stranger.
6. As you enter the MK, there is a hat store all the way to right, adjacent to Tony's. There is a phone is the back of the shop. Pick it up.
7. The paw prints outside Tony's.
8. The well outside of Epic.
There are many more that I have, but the best piece of advice I can give is this: Even though there is a ton to do, and not enough time to do it all, just stand around. Something will happen. A street show, a song, a dance, anything! Something magical will happen.

DawnBerg

On our last trip we had ADR's for dinner at Liberty Tree in MK. Our ADR was for just at 4pm. We arrived about 20 minutes or so early and after we checked in we just took a seat in the foyer by the fireplace. A CM came over and asked if our family would like to be the official family to open the dining room for Dinner. They asked our family name and where we were from and then took us up on the balcony and gave us a bell to ring. They announced us as the "Official" family and announced our name and where we were from. Then we got to ring the dinner bel and sing "Hear Ye, Hear Ye...." and open the dining room. What a blast it was and our then 2 teen daughters had a blast. We go a magical moment card naming us an "Official Family".

flowerpicker713

If you go into the Heritage House near the Hall of Presidents, and answer some of the trivia questions there you can get a Magical Moments card.
My brother and father got their hair cut at the Babershop just off of Main Street USA (Yeah, that's a real barbershop in there. I didn't know it either.) They gave us a Magical Moments card for that, and covered my brother and father in glitter. I thought that one was great.
The CM's used to play games by City Hall - jump rope, jacks, all sorts of old fashioned games. I got a Magical Moments card there a few years ago when I broke the day's record for jump-roping.

Can I get some more information on the flag raising/lowering ceremonies? That would be something I'd really love to see.

Tom

Beta Return
We rode in front on our trip this last december

I don't like to be the guy on a forum known for calling people liars.....

.....so I'll kindly request that you tell the entire story that supposedly ended with your family breaking the new safety rule and riding in the cab with a monorail pilot.

SMPTE MOUSE

Hollywood Studios: at the Great Movie Ride there are two Lions in front of the entrance (some say they are dogs). If you can tell the CM which one is the female, they will walk you through the back door, bypassing the line.

Look closely at their paws. The male has a ball underneath his right paw and the female has a lion cub under her left. The ball represents unity of the empire and the cub symbolizes prospering offspring. We did it in 2011 and it worked. Very cool!

39453489-XL.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Hollywood Studios: at the Great Movie Ride there are two Lions in front of the entrance (some say they are dogs). If you can tell the CM which one is the female, they will walk you through the back door, bypassing the line.

Look closely at their paws. The male has a ball underneath his right paw and the female has a lion cub under her left. The ball represents unity of the empire and the cub symbolizes prospering offspring. We did it in 2011 and it worked. Very cool!

View attachment 31410

Interesting tidbits about the lions, but I doubt they give anyone a front-of-line pass just for identifying the female lion.

SMPTE MOUSE

Interesting tidbits about the lions, but I doubt they give anyone a front-of-line pass just for identifying the female lion.

Tom is it?
I noticed you seem to be the resident naysayer here on the forum. Neat.

It's called a disney secret for a reason. If everyone knew about it then it wouldn't be a secret now would it? Give it a try. As I said before, it worked for us in 2011.

Tom

Beta Return
LOL....yes, I'm the "resident naysayer". You've obviously done your homework.

And secrets aren't secret anymore if they're posted on the internet.

joanna71985

Tom is it?
I noticed you seem to be the resident naysayer here on the forum. Neat.

It's called a disney secret for a reason. If everyone knew about it then it wouldn't be a secret now would it? Give it a try. As I said before, it worked for us in 2011.

It typically doesn't happen (it depends on certain factors)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom