Magical Moments and REAL secrets

Jkata87

Original Poster
So I want to start a thread of real doable secrets that still happen and real magical moments that occur on regular basis.

For example of secret tom Sawyers hidden paintbrush still goes on. A bad example would be waking up tink at tinks treasure since its not there. Or something about fast passes. Let's get only real doable secrets!

Same thing for magical moments a legit doable one is the flag lowering ceremony. Not someone tripped spilled a drink on me so a cm gave me a magical moment card.

Just trying to get a list of actual doable stuff for people that want it. Please don't post unless your sure it's still happening!

Silver Figment

I don't know if you'd consider this one but on the trip i just got back from the cast member gave me double prizes and called it a magic moment.:shrug:

Magical.Animal

Tom sawyers paintbrushes are actually not being hidden any more, as of a few weeks ago. Rumor has it they will be back after BTMRR's refurb, but we'll see.

As for cool things, it's not really a 'secret' but on my last trip, I had the pleasure of stumbling upon PUSH in Tomorrowland and he was SUPER funny and entertaining!

Disney Shib

I know there is still a magical moment that takes place at It's A Small World. It usually involves a kid but they take them up to the dispatch tower and allow them them to wave the boats forward on the attraction. I believe they give them a certificate certifyng them as a "Junior Disney Cruise Director" Kind of cute. :eek:

DancingPhoenix

This one is in my opinion the best secret, but also one that is for a limited time.

If you're staying at the Grand Floridan, when you check in as about the old room keys (the ones they used when the hotel was first opened, they're large brass keys and are gorgeous). If you have a CM that is "in the know" about it, they will give you a key to keep. I don't think many people did this because when I did the woman was so surprised I knew that not only did I get one, but both my parents (who were with me at the time) got a key each as well!

It may have also helped that when we got in it was late and there weren't many people around. I feel like it would suck if the secret got too widespread where it wasn't even a secret anymore :(

wilkeliza

This may be me personally but if it is something that happens on a pretty regular basis that you can go up and ask for or get a guarentee it is hard for me to consider it a cool secret or even a magical moments.

Asking to get the last ride on some rides is a very easy magical moment. You just hang around the ride you want to do and then enter just as they call last call for riders or if you hear a count down run into the que. There might be some people in your boat/car or on the ride with you but you should be on the last rotation of the night.

My favorite magical moment was I was testing Sorcerers and I was in Liberty Square waiting where Taina and Peter Pan come out and when they saw we had cards Taina asked me in character if I was going to save the kingdom and to watch out for the Shadowman because she didn't trust him with cards. Also Peter ran up to my boyfriend who was at the training portal and was like "Can I tag along and play?" Sadly his character attendant wouldn't let him.

alissafalco

I don't know if this counts but in 2006 my husband and I got to ride in the front of the monorail with the CM controller (it was in Sept. during the week, the park was empty) and when we were getting off he gave us 2 cards that said we were now captains or drivers of the monorail- or something to that affect. I don't remember exactly and I wish I saved the cards. I hear that you can no longer ride in the front of the monorail. Is that true?

EOD K9

I don't know if this counts but in 2006 my husband and I got to ride in the front of the monorail with the CM controller (it was in Sept. during the week, the park was empty) and when we were getting off he gave us 2 cards that said we were now captains or drivers of the monorail- or something to that affect. I don't remember exactly and I wish I saved the cards. I hear that you can no longer ride in the front of the monorail. Is that true?

Very true. Ever since the accident you can no longer ride in the nose. They gave you monorail co-pilot cards.

Banksy

:) My lil bro did that! Again, before the accident though. He did it a few days before the accident actually which is scary!

DizneyPryncess

A few that I know of:

-In Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, which is in Liberty Square in the MK, there's a small tree. It is called the "Magical Moments" tree. They pick someone everyday to decorate it. You then get your name put on the tree for the day, a magical moments certificate & a free Christmas ornament. I got picked on my honeymoon for this. When I was there last May, the tree was still there, so it was still being done at that point.

-At Hollywood Studios, when you first enter the park, head to your left to Sid Cahuenga's One of a Kind shop. You'll see a trivia board out front. If you can get all the trivia questions right, go inside & tell the CM. If you're right, you get a Magical Moments certificate. I've done this one a few times, most recently in May 2011.

-Try to pull the sword from the store in Fantasyland. This does happen a few times a day. I think you get a certificate for this, I've never been lucky enough to have it happen to me. But a little boy in front of me did it a few years ago, and a CM was writing up something for him.

-For those celebrating getting married, wear bride & groom mouse ears around. I was at the Polynesian gift shop wearing mine, and the CM at the counter called me over to the telephone. It was some characters singing "Here Comes the Bride". She gave me a certificate for "Disney Honeymooning".

riverscu0m0

I was last to take the Ferry from MK to the parking lot a few nights ago, and I got two cards. One of the ferry and one of the motor speed boat, but I only got the second one because I was wicked excited about the first one so the CM was like "here, have this one too this one is harder to get than the ferry one!" It made my night.

Tom

Beta Return
I was last to take the Ferry from MK to the parking lot a few nights ago, and I got two cards. One of the ferry and one of the motor speed boat, but I only got the second one because I was wicked excited about the first one so the CM was like "here, have this one too this one is harder to get than the ferry one!" It made my night.

What kind of cards are you talking about?

stevehousse

on our most recent trip, as we were leaving the MK, our son was crying his eyes out because he didnt want to leave "mickeys house". as we entered the monorail station, with child still crying, the cm asked my son what was wrong. once he found out, he told us about the transportation collector cards, and how it is impossible to get a full set and that people have to make tons of visits to collect them all. he gave my child a full unopened set! :) 23 cards to collect.

lacarp40

just got back and tried like crazy to get transport cards but no one had any, the train conductor informed me that their cards had been pulled because they were redoing the ones for the train line.

bluefaery

A few that I know of:

-Try to pull the sword from the store in Fantasyland. This does happen a few times a day. I think you get a certificate for this, I've never been lucky enough to have it happen to me. But a little boy in front of me did it a few years ago, and a CM was writing up something for him.

I didn't think you could do that anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom