Magic Kingdom New fireworks show?

brb1006

Paint the night is me new favorite parade. It's fun and energetic, pays homage to MSEP, and fits this century. With that said, I don't think it would fit well in MK. Maybe mgm, but not MK. WDW is just not as cool and "hip" as DL, and I feel Ptn fits DL better because it's a "cool" parade. I hope that MK gets a parade similar to ptn, but one that pays homage to spectro. An updated version of spectro would be amazing, and I hope that WDW gets new and unique things, nothing recycled from Disneyland.
At least have an updated Spectromagic get a similar treatment MSEP gotten when it turned into Dreamlights at Tokyo Disneyland in the early 2000's.

brb1006

good eye!!, Definitively the tinkerbell one was missing!!
Which is interesting.. because once I googled.. It turns that despite going 3 times to WDW since 2013 and visited magic kingdom more than 10 times.... I never seen that float.. EVER..

now I wonder.. was it replaced or removed?

The giant blur fairy float was also missing. But then wiki tells me it ended its run on 2009.

What baffles me that Tokyo seems to be upgrading theirs constantly.. Yet the Magic Kingdom one is.. well.. almost roughly the same since 1985 with minimal changes (as in re-adding older floats )
Tokyo just recently updated the Small World finale by giving characters themed clothes and a new Elliot float.

Sped2424

good eye!!, Definitively the tinkerbell one was missing!!
Which is interesting.. because once I googled.. It turns that despite going 3 times to WDW since 2013 and visited magic kingdom more than 10 times.... I never seen that float.. EVER..

now I wonder.. was it replaced or removed?

The giant blur fairy float was also missing. But then wiki tells me it ended its run on 2009.

What baffles me that Tokyo seems to be upgrading theirs constantly.. Yet the Magic Kingdom one is.. well.. almost roughly the same since 1985 with minimal changes (as in re-adding older floats )
The tinkerbell float must have been down that night as I saw it this last year in december.

jrhwdw

The Tinkerbell float has definitely not been removed. Sometimes floats are taken out for a single performance due to maintenance or cast call-outs. The Blue Fairy float hasn't appeared in the Magic Kingdom in the last decade, it's been Tink for quite a while.
The thing people often don't understand about Tokyo Disneyland is that it is partially owned by an outside company, which somehow allows for a seemingly unending budget. Therefore, their parades and shows are always in tip top shape and updated every few years. We don't seem to have that luxury in the states, especially WDW, where their patronage mainly relies on out of state tourists who don't normally see a Disney Park, at least not more than once or twice a year, and therefore are easily pleased....at least that's my take on things.
Don't get wrong, the Dreamlights upgrades are wonderful but, I'M SHOCKED TDL hasn't went for a new parade yet!!! Is Dreamlights THAT popular?? I figured TDL would get one first, not HKDL followed by DL Park.

PTN is fantastic in both parks! Looks like a Castle Park parade to me!

Looks like a night parade won't open with SDL in June, is that in the plans down the line?

brb1006

Don't get wrong, the Dreamlights upgrades are wonderful but, I'M SHOCKED TDL hasn't went for a new parade yet!!! Is Dreamlights THAT popular?? I figured TDL would get one first, not HKDL followed by DL Park.

PTN is fantastic in both parks! Looks like a Castle Park parade to me!

Looks like a night parade won't open with SDL in June, is that in the plans down the line?
Yeah Dreamlights is that popular, they even have a Christmas overlay during the Christmas seasons which start around 2007 or 2008.

MerlinTheGoat

Dreamlights is incredible, currently the best parade in any theme park on earth as far as i'm concerned. It shows how you can take an old traditional template (Main Street Electrical Parade) and just keep plussing it and plussing it every year or two.

Imagine if Spectromagic had gotten the same sort of plussing Dreamlights has gotten over its life, instead of sitting and waiting for its destruction. Or even Fantillusion. If Magic Kingdom got a new night parade, i'd be 100% satisfied with a new version of Spectromagic using the sort of upgraded tech Dreamlights uses.

PinnySmart

Lol. I have enjoyed your videos all the time. I haven't found a bad one yet.
I agree! Timeless works of art. I discovered them several years ago before I started spending half of my life in Orlando and they always made me smile. Really they got me through a lot of tough times in between Disney trips.

brb1006

Dreamlights is incredible, currently the best parade in any theme park on earth as far as i'm concerned. It shows how you can take an old traditional template (Main Street Electrical Parade) and just keep plussing it and plussing it every year or two.

Imagine if Spectromagic had gotten the same sort of plussing Dreamlights has gotten over its life, instead of sitting and waiting for its destruction. Or even Fantillusion. If Magic Kingdom got a new night parade, i'd be 100% satisfied with a new version of Spectromagic using the sort of upgraded tech Dreamlights uses.
Especially the opening units and the finale with the various Disney characters. Mickey's unit along with the floats featuring the Spectromen would look even much better than I can imagine. I would also imagine it gaining new floats featuring other Disney films from the past. If WDW is ever getting a new electrical parade for it's 50th Anniversary then I will hope Disney can come up with a fantastic way to create it and make it unique to WDW. I really hope they won't make it go the Paint The Night route if it ever gets announced.

The Hatbox Ghost

I agree the next 'night time' parade at MK should showcase new technologies and feature new floats/characters. BUT I really think any new show should also incorporate various themes/characters from past WDW shows like Spectromagic and MSEP. Kids young and old alike want to feel the magic- and tradition can do that. Same goes for the firework show; bring on new technologies (drones, projections, etc) but please leave some of the past and current imagery for us to fondly recall when we come back for more.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I agree the next 'night time' parade at MK should showcase new technologies and feature new floats/characters. BUT I really think any new show should also incorporate various themes/characters from past WDW shows like Spectromagic and MSEP. Kids young and old alike want to feel the magic- and tradition can do that. Same goes for the firework show; bring on new technologies (drones, projections, etc) but please leave some of the past and current imagery for us to fondly recall when we come back for more.
Most of the newer shows that include new tech lack story and cohesiveness. WOC:C! And PTN are some of the examples. They are stunning to look at. But doesnt have the story like spectro or illuminations.

Crazydisneyfanluke

^Yes agree 100%. And I like your signature, "Glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling!" from SpectroMagic. Gotta pull the sound track up on my playlist!
Its the parade that got me hooked onto disney. Begging my family to stay to watch it. I was stunned. Loved the first float with the trumpets and specto men. Also, i recomend martins tribute video. Cant get enough of them.

The Hatbox Ghost

I have the same memories, they were playing their horns and spun in circles. The music stayed with me for days. Where can I find Martin's tribute video? YouTube?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom