Magic Kingdom New fireworks show?

ToTBellHop

Still on the way though nothing concrete. I'd be very surprised if Wishes were still playing in 24 months, but it's still a popular show, so who knows. MSEP is arguably a more pressing concern as it is actively dying nightly.

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
Still on the way though nothing concrete. I'd be very surprised if Wishes were still playing in 24 months, but it's still a popular show, so who knows. MSEP is arguably a more pressing concern as it is actively dying nightly.
I remember reading in the Disney Parks Blog recently about an announcement coming soon for new entertainment venues at the Magic Kingdom for 2016. I'm going to guess this would be a new fireworks show. Do you think it could be open by this summer?

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
No. Mr. Davison would already be actively working on it. Festival of Fantasy was announced almost a year out.
I was thinking they might announce it like they did for the 60th with Disneyland Forever. I also remember now that these new offerings would be for the 45th anniversary.

ToTBellHop

I was thinking they might announce it like they did for the 60th with Disneyland Forever. I also remember now that these new offerings would be for the 45th anniversary.
10/1/16 would theoretically be possible if they are doing work in secret now. Who knows?

ToTBellHop

I surprised Wishes is still play now.

Well, maybe it's no surprise, but at least two replacements have been proposed in the last six years and they didn't happen.
Sounds like the elusive refurb for Jungle Cruise that took years and years to finally happen (and without any real upgrades when it came; granted, the ride looks pretty good now).

Fireworks should be an easy sell. They aren't THAT expensive to put together and they are incredibly popular. But if folks will continue to line up along Main Street for a 13-year old show, why bother (especially after they just watched a ~40-year old light parade with characters they don't recognize).

brb1006

I saw it on Tuesday evening and almost half the parade was missing. All of the Tinkerbell unit was out (including the faeries that march in front), all but one of the insects in Alice were missing (is the caterpillar even around anymore?), no Gus or Jacques, and the tent-like structure that goes over the ballroom dancers was out as well. And don't even get me started on the amount of lights that are blown on some of the floats. My grandparents were in town and I was so embarrassed that 1) they had to watch a parade that is as old as my father and 2) a half-baked version of said parade.
Yeah The Caterpillar is still in the parade.

brb1006

Sounds like the elusive refurb for Jungle Cruise that took years and years to finally happen (and without any real upgrades when it came; granted, the ride looks pretty good now).

Fireworks should be an easy sell. They aren't THAT expensive to put together and they are incredibly popular. But if folks will continue to line up along Main Street for a 13-year old show, why bother (especially after they just watched a ~40-year old light parade with characters they don't recognize).
Looking at you Pete's Dragon

Next Big Thing

Honestly, more than Wishes, I think RoE needs an update first. But i'd love to see a Wishes replacement too. The only other fireworks i've ever seen at MK are the seasonal ones and the Summer Nightastic ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom