Magic kingdom hits capacity - phased closing

PolynesianMedic

What waiting times do you have to expect at full capacity? Has any one actual reports?

I have been there during this time and I can tell you it is not uncommon to see wait times of 120 minutes or more on the e-ticket attractions. If you go there and take your time, and hit things at the right time, you can still get in all of the popular attractions. The fireworks at the end of the day is well worth trudging through the crowds all day.

TOTGuy

I have been there during this time and I can tell you it is not uncommon to see wait times of 120 minutes or more on the e-ticket attractions. If you go there and take your time, and hit things at the right time, you can still get in all of the popular attractions. The fireworks at the end of the day is well worth trudging through the crowds all day.
Epcot is worse. Last NYE we had 79,000 people in the park and didn't even start phased closings. Soarin' was 240+ minutes with the line outside backstage. Perhaps even scarier was Living With the Land had an hour wait and Circle of Life was running almost completely full shows.

prberk

I love the MK during holidays, even with the crowds. For me the crowds and their excitement add to the fireworks and other outdoor atmosphere during Independence Day and some other special events. But the big difference for me is that I have seen it all, and usually couldn't really care less during holidays for the thrill rides. I like the festive atmosphere, and really enjoy that more than the rides during a holiday period.

I think it is cool, by the way, that an Englishman like Steve loves to see the fireworks representing the day we declared independence from England!! ;) How ironic, and how cool!

As for MK capacity, I believe that the Birmbaum guides address this; and I seem to remember that something along 90,000 is listed as "very crowded" and probably starts phase-outs....

Paul

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think it is cool, by the way, that an Englishman like Steve loves to see the fireworks representing the day we declared independence from England!! ;) How ironic, and how cool!

LOL well I dont blame you guys! I think there is a lot of England right now that would like to declare independence from the UK governments taxations! LOL

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
LOL well I dont blame you guys! I think there is a lot of England right now that would like to declare independence from the UK governments taxations! LOL
I think there is a lot of Americans that wouldn't mind doing the same thing for the same reasons.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom