Magic Kingdom: A New Generation

What should I do regarding Indiana Jones?

• Keep Indiana Jones Adventure

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Add in Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Twilight_Roxas

How would Ghost Galaxy work if the tracks of Space Mountain are different from Disneyland's version due to Space Mountain using the same tracks as Matterhorn?

MANEATINGWREATH

Roxas has a point. Not only would you have to reanimate the attacking space monster, but you'd also have to implement on-board audio to provide the suspenseful soundtrack of Ghost Galaxy, not to mention completely re-orchestrate the soundtrack to match the dips and drops exclusive to the Florida version. The reason why Hong Kong and Disneyland share the overlay is because the two are one and the same in size and track layout.

I'm not discouraging the idea, though! This gives you the opportunity to explore a unique version of Ghost Galaxy! Why not do things differently than the original overlay? The scene at the beginning with the astronauts working on the spaceship would be a great opportunity to implement a giant animatronic space monster like the lava monster scene in Tokyo's Journey to the Center of the Earth. The possibilities for a Ghost Galaxy in Florida are endless, I just think you should go as original as possible with it.

mharrington

I had another idea, based on your Halloween ideas: have the Fab Six (that is, Mickey and the gang) dressed as OTHER Disney characters! This idea of mine is based on the still-running website "Homestar Runner". Each year, the website presents a different Halloween cartoon, in which the main characters on the site dressed in different costumes, usually of pop icons and celebrities. These costumes are generally "vintage", in that they feature characters who were either popular in the 1970s, '80s and '90s. Some costumes are just plain obscure. Here in this link is a random example of characters in costume, here (from the very first Halloween, in 2000) and here (from 2005).

Anyway, my idea is like the Homestar Halloween costumes, but obviously it's Disney characters dressed as OTHER Disney characters. For example, Mickey could be dressed as Pinocchio, and Minnie could be, say, Snow White. And maybe we could have Pluto be dressed as, say, Dumbo, while Donald could be Captain Hook. Those are just a few examples. The possibilities are almost endless, I think.

mharrington

The beauty part is that, like the Homestar characters, Mickey and the gang would dress in different costumes from year to year.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Alright, guys, I never thought I'd be back, but recently, S.W. Wilson of Ideal Buildout fame put out his latest vision for a refurbished Magic Kingdom (check it out here: http://idealbuildout.blogspot.com/2015/12/mk-wish-list.html), and I've taken a few ideas from that and placed them into my vision.

Here's what's new regarding things in this thread:
  • Addition of the Edison Arcade walkway in-between Plaza Restaurant and Walt's
  • Addition of Rapa Nui garden in Adventureland
  • Mickey's Madcap Circus will no longer be part of this vision. Why? Because if you look on this map here...
Blog%2B-%2BWDW%2BMK%2B2016.PNG
...you'll see that the land area where Mickey's Madcap Circus would be located is mainly just a big pond. I don't think it would be feasible, so for all intents and purposes, I'm scrapping the idea from my plans.​
  • Fantasy Gardens replaces Cosmic Ray's/Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. Since I still would like rare characters to meet inside Pete's Silly Sideshow, one of those four gazebos will be used for Mickey and the gang.
  • My plans to include the original Alice in Wonderland dark ride have been removed to make way for S.W.'s full-fledged Wonderland sub-area, featuring the Wonderland-inspired Aquatopia (I really don't like the name "Alicetopia", so I'm currently thinking up a new name). But despite this, the Mad Hatter shop and talking Doorknob that were originally proposed to be located along the showbuilding will be moved elsewhere.
  • Adventure Thru Macro Space will be moved to where I proposed TRON Lightcycle Power Run could go.
And that's all for now. See you soon!

Last edited:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Nice job implementing other elements into your plans!

If there's one recent move I'm not very fond of though, it's the Wonderland Canal Cruise. I have two big issues with it:

1) In your plans, there already is a basically an identical version of this attraction, minus the detailed theming, at the Transportstion Pavillion in Epcot.

2) To me, a Wonderland sub-area doesn't really have as much charm without the classic dark ride included in it. Without it, the soul of the land feels.. a little lost.

Still, great job with the park plan and I really look forward to your future projects!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Nice job implementing other elements into your plans!

If there's one recent move I'm not very fond of though, it's the Wonderland Canal Cruise. I have two big issues with it:

1) In your plans, there already is a basically an identical version of this attraction, minus the detailed theming, at the Transportstion Pavillion in Epcot.

2) To me, a Wonderland sub-area doesn't really have as much charm without the classic dark ride included in it. Without it, the soul of the land feels.. a little lost.

Still, great job with the park plan and I really look forward to your future projects!

1) I've recently decided to get rid of the Aquatopia at EPCOT Center. I honestly don't know if there'd be enough space for it in the small lagoon nearby the ride building.

2) Paris' Fantasyland has a Wonderland sub-area without the dark ride. I think a dark-ride-less Wonderland could work in the MK very well.

Thank you very much, my friend!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Well, guys, Disney recently just announced the opening date of Shanghai Disneyland--this upcoming June on the 16th--and with the announcement, the official Shanghai Disneyland web site unveiled all of the wonders the park has in store. With this, I've decided to go back and see if I can add a few of those wonders to the "New Generation" threads. So, keep your eyes peeled, because most of them will be appearing here on this thread, but one of them will be heading over to my DHS thread.

So, expect to see some new wonders showing up here in the future!

Oh, and BTW, I'm still debating whether or not to do "The Rest of the World: A New Generation", showing what I would do regarding the rest of WDW, but if you want me to give it a whirl, just let me know. See ya soon!

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Well, guys, Disney recently just announced the opening date of Shanghai Disneyland--this upcoming June on the 16th--and with the announcement, the official Shanghai Disneyland web site unveiled all of the wonders the park has in store. With this, I've decided to go back and see if I can add a few of those wonders to the "New Generation" threads. So, keep your eyes peeled, because most of them will be appearing here on this thread, but one of them will be heading over to my DHS thread.

So, expect to see some new wonders showing up here in the future!

Oh, and BTW, I'm still debating whether or not to do "The Rest of the World: A New Generation", showing what I would do regarding the rest of WDW, but if you want me to give it a whirl, just let me know. See ya soon!

I'd actually be interested to see what you do with Sea World or Universal... Non-Disney theme parks seem to get disrespected on here, even for a Disney Imagineering fourm..

Flippin'Flounder

I'd actually be interested to see what you do with Sea World or Universal... Non-Disney theme parks seem to get disrespected on here, even for a Disney Imagineering fourm..
I think most of us here like Uni, and most comps seem to get at least 1 Uni challenge. As for other parks, I thinks it's because the type of ride at parks like Sea World and Six Flags, is not the same as at Disney. People here like to create heavily themed rides and lands, and other parks do not really have those. I really like what you're doing with Busch Gardens though.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I think most of us here like Uni, and most comps seem to get at least 1 Uni challenge. As for other parks, I thinks it's because the type of ride at parks like Sea World and Six Flags, is not the same as at Disney. People here like to create heavily themed rides and lands, and other parks do not really have those. I really like what you're doing with Busch Gardens though.

True what you said, but Sea World designed an immersive Antarctica-land just a few years back and has made some highly-themed areas in the past. Six Flags is just an iron park, made for people who like thrills, not immersion.

Thanks for the positive comments!

Flippin'Flounder

True what you said, but Sea World designed an immersive Antarctica-land just a few years back and has made some highly-themed areas in the past. Six Flags is just an iron park, made for people who like thrills, not immersion.

Thanks for the positive comments!
I've never been to Sea World, but Antartica does look amazing. It doesn't really look like they're trying to take the whole park to that level, unfortunately.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hi, guys, I'm back with yet another update. I recently came across an interesting thread on Theme Park Tourist. It's called "Possibilityland: The Disneyland That Never Was" (check it out here: http://www.themeparktourist.com/fea...yland-walk-through-disneyland-it-couldve-been). After reading this, I've been struck by an idea...but I'm not sure I'd like to include it.

We all know how awesome Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure is...but what if I were to tell you that it could have been even more awesome? This article tells of the doomed fate of an even bigger take on an Indiana Jones ride. It's called Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition.
lostexpeditionmodel.jpg
This would not just be a simple dark ride. Lost Expedition would be a giant building, featuring an EMV dark ride and a ore-car roller-coaster (similar to Temple of Doom). But perhaps the building's crown jewel would be the heart of the temple. This would be a room where the jeeps, the ore-cars, the Jungle Cruise boats and the Disneyland Railroad trains would come and go.
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-26%20at%209.25.26%20PM.png
This seems nothing but perfect to put in to the Magic Kingdom. But here's the thing--I don't really want to lose Indiana Jones Adventure. But, as I've done in the past...I'm gonna leave what to do up to you.

Using the poll above, make your choice: should I keep Indiana Jones Adventure or add in Lost Expedition?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Well, according to the poll, it seems you want me to add in Lost Expedition to Adventureland. So, if you go back and re-read my Adventureland posts, you'll see it's been added in. But I thought...why not stop there? Adventureland now has an exciting new backstory, made especially for the new arrival.

Check it out here:

Part 1: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magic-kingdom-a-new-generation.903725/#post-6872999

Part 2:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magic-kingdom-a-new-generation.903725/#post-6874520

IAmNotAHufflepuff

...the current ride takes up less space than its predecessor, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I plan to change that with this new version of the ride. If you notice the white area to your right, you'll see it was originally used for storage and maintenance. This won't be necessary if the cars are trackless (I've heard that the vehicles at Tokyo's Pooh ride recharge their battery every time they go through the loading area). In addition, some of the space formerly held by Snow White's Scary Adventures will be used for this new ride. (I don't know if Princess Fairytale Hall has taken up all the space of the ride or not. Can anyone confirm that?)

Yeah, from my knowledge, it does take up the entire space.

Forgetting that little detail, I would actually love to see Hunny Hunt come overseas, but with Bald Mountain and Wonderland Canal Cruise nearby, I think you may have too much trackless technology for one land.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Forgetting that little detail, I would actually love to see Hunny Hunt come overseas, but with Bald Mountain and Wonderland Canal Cruise nearby, I think you may have too much trackless technology for one land.

Well, if I may be frank, I'm starting to have second thoughts on Bald Mountain. I proposed that it could be built in-between the Wonderland and Storybook Circus areas of Fantasyland, and be accessible via the path that connects Storybook Circus to Tomorrowland. But, that begs the question--how will the guests get to Bald Mountain from there? The railroad tracks are right nearby the path, and how would the guests get past the tracks? So, with that said, I'm thinking about getting rid of Bald Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom