Magic Kingdom: A New Generation

What should I do regarding Indiana Jones?

• Keep Indiana Jones Adventure

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Add in Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Twilight_Roxas

Cool can't wait for the posters, the daytime parade, nighttime parade, and fireworks. If you want you could help with my Disneyland Queensland resort.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
@DisneyManOne I'm flattered that my ride was used haha! I don't know why I feel so proud lol

You've got every reason to feel proud, my friend. That ride concept is amazing!

Some great ideas here! Good work.

Thank you very much, my friend!

That overview for the Plectu show looks a lot like my Sudden Death submission for the Creator Games.

Well, I liked your concept so much I decided to put it in my ideas.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the posters that will line the entrance tunnels...

Poster Gallery
Magic%2BKingdom%2BEntrance%2BPosters%2B06%2B%252809-11%2529.JPG

Mad Tea Party

Entrance+Poster+5.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean

Magic%2BKingdom%2BEntrance%2BPosters%2B01%2B%252809-11%2529.JPG

Walt Disney World Railroad
This one will be updated to mention the Fantasyland Depot.

Entrance+Poster+3.jpg

Splash Mountain

Entrance+Poster+2.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Magic_Kingdom_Space_Mountain_Poster.jpg

Space Mountain

Attraction%20Poster_zpsqqdk3gzu.jpg

Adventure Thru Macro Space
This will replace the Tomorrowland poster. Of course, the "Futureworld" will be changed to "Tomorrowland" and, in the tradition of the other posters, the original Walt Disney World logo will replace "Epcot".

poohsmall.jpg

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
This will replace the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom poster. The "Fantasyland" text will be moved to the left-hand side of the poster, while the Hong Kong Disneyland logo will be replaced with the original Walt Disney World logo.

legend of the lion king.png

Legend of the Lion King
I believe this poster used to line the entrance to the show when it played in Fantasyland. I'd move the poster here to replace the Sunshine Tree Terrace poster (besides, given the switch of spaces, it stands to reason that the current STT poster is no longer relevant). But however, I'd replace the "Presented by Kodak" text with text reading "Adventureland". (which I'd put in the "Presented by" font).

Haunted+Mansion+Tin+Attraction+Poster.jpg

The Haunted Mansion
This, provided that it's no longer there today, would replace the Wishes poster.
And there we have it. I'll post the next post sometime later today...where I'll be discussing what I would do regarding the daytime parade. See ya then!

Last edited:

mharrington

Sounds intriguing! Although I am partial to the original idea, I'd really like to see this new idea. Is there a link or something that goes to that idea?

@MANEATINGWREATH Here's a link, found on another site and brought up for this site's Disneyland Australia thread: https://web.archive.org/web/2013081...threads/33816-Season-Eleven-Project-Six/page3.

Here's another, shorter description, found on yet another thread:

It is an improved version of Mickey's Big Top Spin. @MANEATINGWREATH took it and made it his own somewhat, and it's certainly a lot better than what I could have done. Both my concept and his involves various vignettes of Disney characters in a circus setting. His concept was that Donald is no longer a snake charmer, but now in charge of seals. But one seal, Salty, escapes and Donald tries to track it down. Here's basically what MEW described in his verbal tour:

I'm thinking we have it held within the confines of a Barnum Museum-type structure, a la Basket Buddy's concept art seen in the prior link to Madcap Circus. Inside, guests meander through an immersive queue past the dressing rooms of the various performers, a select few complete with appropriate sound effects coming from within.

1. Minnie Magnifique and Her Pirouetting Parisian Poodles
2. Hyacinth Hippo: Ballerina of the Big Top (and Her Partner, Ben Ali Gator)
3. The Astounding Donald: King of the Seals
4. Madame Daisy Fortuna
5. Strongman Pete: Lifter of All Things Heavy
6. Professor Von Drake and His Deep Sponge
7. The Magnificent Roger & His Lovely Assistant, Jessica (Roger & Jessica Rabbit as magicians)
8. Pluto the Wonder Pup
9. The Flying Piggolinis
10. The Great Goofini - Reckless Rocketeer
11. Mickey Mouse - Ringmaster
12. Horace Horsecollar - Lion Tamer
13. Clara Cluck - Pitch Perfect Prima Donna
14. The Reluctant Dragon: Fire Eater (door complete with scorch marks and smoke)

After the winding corridor of dressing rooms, guests meander through the maintenance garage for the big top's various vehicles, including a Herbie-like clown car, a traditional circus caravan, and a Toon Town-esque fire engine, complete with flat tires. The maintenance garage gives way to an empty wild animal menagerie. It seems as if all of the animals have escaped, as evident by the twisted bars, animal shaped wall bursts, and paw prints on the hay-covered floor. Finally, the menagerie gives way to the load area which advertises in poster form the various acts of the circus, including, but not limited to:

1. Lambert, the Sheepish Lion
2. Willie, the Opera Singing Whale
3. Shere Khan - Man-Eater
4. King Louie: Last of the Jungle Swingers
5. Humphrey the Bear - Picnic Thief Extraordinaire
6. Salty the Seal
7. Clarabelle Cow, Queen of the Tightrope (her poster parodies HM; she stands on a tightrope high above Tick-Tock Croc)
8. Oswald the Lucky Lion Bait
9. Gargantua, King of the Apes (the gorilla from "Donald's Gorilla")
10. Goliath II - The World's Smallest Elephant

Guests then board a trackless ride vehicle (a circus caravan) and depart for the mayhem of the circus. Ringmaster Mickey introduces the three ring circus, giving way into the first major ride scene - a free-for-all spin around the first act of the circus, featuring various acts and gags. At the end of this scene, Donald, readying his seals for the performance discovers that one of his seals (Salty) has disappeared. Ever furious, Donald embarks after Salty, taking riders with him on an even more madcap ride, including a trip through the stationed circus train (past wild animals and into the nutty clown car), a dangerous stint through the prop storage, and into the grand finale, where Ringmaster Mickey pulls an unexpected Donald into the grand finale - the Dunk Tank act. Salty activates the dunk tank, plunging the whole circus into an "underwater" finale. If we flesh out the ride itself we can really make a merge of the two concepts.

MEW also thought of the ride itself as like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, in order to justify the large amount of characters. In each major show scene in trackless dark rides, the vehicles take their time, spinning around large show rooms and seeing various special effects and characters. He thought of using the layout of Mystic Manor as a format.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
@MANEATINGWREATH Here's a link, found on another site and brought up for this site's Disneyland Australia thread: https://web.archive.org/web/2013081...threads/33816-Season-Eleven-Project-Six/page3.

Here's another, shorter description, found on yet another thread:

It is an improved version of Mickey's Big Top Spin. @MANEATINGWREATH took it and made it his own somewhat, and it's certainly a lot better than what I could have done. Both my concept and his involves various vignettes of Disney characters in a circus setting. His concept was that Donald is no longer a snake charmer, but now in charge of seals. But one seal, Salty, escapes and Donald tries to track it down. Here's basically what MEW described in his verbal tour:

I'm thinking we have it held within the confines of a Barnum Museum-type structure, a la Basket Buddy's concept art seen in the prior link to Madcap Circus. Inside, guests meander through an immersive queue past the dressing rooms of the various performers, a select few complete with appropriate sound effects coming from within.

1. Minnie Magnifique and Her Pirouetting Parisian Poodles
2. Hyacinth Hippo: Ballerina of the Big Top (and Her Partner, Ben Ali Gator)
3. The Astounding Donald: King of the Seals
4. Madame Daisy Fortuna
5. Strongman Pete: Lifter of All Things Heavy
6. Professor Von Drake and His Deep Sponge
7. The Magnificent Roger & His Lovely Assistant, Jessica (Roger & Jessica Rabbit as magicians)
8. Pluto the Wonder Pup
9. The Flying Piggolinis
10. The Great Goofini - Reckless Rocketeer
11. Mickey Mouse - Ringmaster
12. Horace Horsecollar - Lion Tamer
13. Clara Cluck - Pitch Perfect Prima Donna
14. The Reluctant Dragon: Fire Eater (door complete with scorch marks and smoke)

After the winding corridor of dressing rooms, guests meander through the maintenance garage for the big top's various vehicles, including a Herbie-like clown car, a traditional circus caravan, and a Toon Town-esque fire engine, complete with flat tires. The maintenance garage gives way to an empty wild animal menagerie. It seems as if all of the animals have escaped, as evident by the twisted bars, animal shaped wall bursts, and paw prints on the hay-covered floor. Finally, the menagerie gives way to the load area which advertises in poster form the various acts of the circus, including, but not limited to:

1. Lambert, the Sheepish Lion
2. Willie, the Opera Singing Whale
3. Shere Khan - Man-Eater
4. King Louie: Last of the Jungle Swingers
5. Humphrey the Bear - Picnic Thief Extraordinaire
6. Salty the Seal
7. Clarabelle Cow, Queen of the Tightrope (her poster parodies HM; she stands on a tightrope high above Tick-Tock Croc)
8. Oswald the Lucky Lion Bait
9. Gargantua, King of the Apes (the gorilla from "Donald's Gorilla")
10. Goliath II - The World's Smallest Elephant

Guests then board a trackless ride vehicle (a circus caravan) and depart for the mayhem of the circus. Ringmaster Mickey introduces the three ring circus, giving way into the first major ride scene - a free-for-all spin around the first act of the circus, featuring various acts and gags. At the end of this scene, Donald, readying his seals for the performance discovers that one of his seals (Salty) has disappeared. Ever furious, Donald embarks after Salty, taking riders with him on an even more madcap ride, including a trip through the stationed circus train (past wild animals and into the nutty clown car), a dangerous stint through the prop storage, and into the grand finale, where Ringmaster Mickey pulls an unexpected Donald into the grand finale - the Dunk Tank act. Salty activates the dunk tank, plunging the whole circus into an "underwater" finale. If we flesh out the ride itself we can really make a merge of the two concepts.

MEW also thought of the ride itself as like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, in order to justify the large amount of characters. In each major show scene in trackless dark rides, the vehicles take their time, spinning around large show rooms and seeing various special effects and characters. He thought of using the layout of Mystic Manor as a format.

Two words, my friend: Me. Like-y. I love how MEW had it set up like Mystic Manor or Hunny Hunt, and this would perfectly serve as a way to finally give WDW a trackless dark ride. I think I'll add it to my plans.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, let us move on to the Magic Kingdom's all-new daytime procession...

Disney+-+Festival+of+Fantasy+Parade.PNG

Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade is the current daytime procession here at the Magic Kingdom. The parade starts at 3 o' clock, starts in Frontierland and then makes it way down Main Street, U.S.A., via the hub access that connects the two lands. This parade is definitely a step up from any of the previous parades that have been in the Magic Kingdom in the past few years. Festival of Fantasy celebrates all of the classic Disney stories that are brought to life in Fantasyland. The parade includes lavish, beautiful floats, amazing music, a plethora of Disney characters...and did I mention the 32-foot-long fire-breathing dragon?

However, as impressive as the parade is today, I'd make a few brief changes to it. First, preceding the Swan Court dancers by a good few feet will be a herald (dressed like park character Major Domo, seen here...
dlmajordomo.jpg
)​
and two trumpeters, in addition to two drummers (who actually drum along to the beat of the parade's theme). The fivesome wander the streets ahead of the first float, and when the time comes, stop in the middle of the street, and the herald lip-syncs the opening announcement.

As I previously stated, the parade celebrates the denizens of Fantasyland, but in the current roster of characters, there's one character that's not represented: Winnie the Pooh.

I plan to make that up by giving that "willy nilly silly ole bear" his own float. The float involves two levels, since this involves Pooh's house standing on top of a hill. This float will utilize this float from the Halloween parade...
winnie-pooh-boo-to-you-parade-mnsshp-M.jpg
The tree will be located at the top of the float's hill, with tons of honey pots surrounding it. Behind the hill, a giant storybook is open, with an illustration of the rest of the forest. Winnie the Pooh is seen in front of the tree, happily dancing along to the music and waving to the guests. On the "ground" part of the float, below the hill, two more characters are seen. Piglet is seen sweeping up leaves on the left-hand side, while Tigger bounces on a hidden trampoline. Of course, a wooden fence will surround this part of the float, to avoid any accidents.

Eeyore, Rabbit, Christopher Robin, Owl and Kanga with Roo, lead the way for the float, carrying colorful flying flags. Dancers dressed as bees glide past on roller-skates. The music that plays here, in addition to the parade theme, includes "Winnie the Pooh", "The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers" and "Everything is Honey".

In the finale unit, Merlin, Quasimodo, Esmeralda and Clopin will be added to join the other characters on the street.

So, apart from those three changes, I'd leave the parade untouched. So, with that said, I'll end things here, and in the next post, I'll showcase an all-new nighttime parade...

mharrington

Two words, my friend: Me. Like-y. I love how MEW had it set up like Mystic Manor or Hunny Hunt, and this would perfectly serve as a way to finally give WDW a trackless dark ride. I think I'll add it to my plans.

The question, though, is how can the whole circus be put under water?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Will the move it shake it parade stay, be replaced or will it be removed?

Removed for good. See, I recently found a post from the Passport to Dreams blog, and the writer regarded the Castle Forecourt Stage and the "noise pollution" surrounding the area come Dream Along or Move It Shake It the number-two biggest design blunder in the Magic Kingdom's history (the first being Mickey's Birthdayland). So, I updated my Main Street post to remove the stage (and set up a new temporary one during holiday time for the shows at the parties) and remove Move It Shake It.

The question, though, is how can the whole circus be put under water?

I'd say through a heavy use of projections and specially-made animatronics to make it look like they're swimming. Heck, I'd base the scene off MEW's original idea for the ride's ending. "But alas, the elephant sneezes, blowing us backwards in a rush of strong wind. As we zip backwards through a corridor, we pass by circus performers all over the place, wrecklessly being tossed by the great sneeze." So, I'd change the elephant thing to be Salty activating the tank, and the zipping backwards happening due to the sudden "rush" of the "water". The effect of all the performers being tossed by the water is achieved thusly: The characters are static and stuck in one place. The vehicles are moving so fast that it seems like they're moving. Mickey in the subsequent scene is an animatronic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, let's move on to the new nighttime parade. The Main Street Electrical Parade has since been removed, and been replaced by one of the park's all-time classics...SpectroMagic.

But however, it won't be the way long-time guests will remember it. Oh, no. This new parade is essentially a mix between the original SpectroMagic and Disneyland's popular Paint the Night. Call it SpectroMagic: Colors Combined, if you will.​
G5Wi5Cf.png
Here's the logo...however, just remove the "Our".
@RadiatorSpringsRacer was the one who came up with this idea, and I just fell in love with it.​

Here's how he devised the concept...

"How will this work? The thought is to have different parade units - whirlyballs, costumes, parts of floats, etc. basically covered in pixels - or rear-projected - so that they can completely change their appearance at any time. In effect, the entire thing is a display.
tumblr_inline_mksxcdDwMl1qz4rgp.jpg

toyota-fun-vii-dis_2072239i.jpg

There would be an art station open at the park until a couple of hours before the parade starts, in which guests could pick a paper template for whichever paintable unit they wanted to design, and then get to work. Disney's done this sort of thing before with LuminAria; why not plus it? (If you're familiar with the process of putting textures onto a 3D model, this concept should be easier to visualize.)

All the submitted paintings, after being properly checked, sorted, scanned and what not, would be cycled through along the parade route.

Guests' designs could be linked to their MagicBands, and an alert could also be sent to each guest's MDE app to let them know where to sit/stand along the route to see their design(s) in action. Can you imagine the character interaction possibilities of this sort of thing? "Thank you for making this for me!" "Your painting looks wonderful." "I love the red/blue/gold/etc." "Say, this reminds of the time [insert event from movie here].""

SpectroMagic 2.0 will ultimately be not just a cavalcade of art and color, but a tribute to each person's individuality and imagination; their power to express themselves and bring to light everything that inspires them. In keeping with the theme, the plan is to mostly feature characters who paint or who are known for being artistic/creative.

For the sake of character interaction, new versions of all Made With Magic accessories will be released for the parade that can sync with wearers' MagicBands.

Jiminy Cricket will return as host for the parade, but joining him is a special co-host: Woody from Toy Story. He's enthusiastic and unafraid while still having a kind of warmth to him, and the fact that he's a toy that a child plays with ties beautifully into the theme. Ten minutes before the start of the celebration, and again with "just a few" to go, they'll address the guests:

JIMINY:
Walt Disney World guests young and old, this is your SpectroMagical host, Jiminy Cricket. We here at the Magic Kingdom have been pouring over all the great art that you did up today, and we can't wait to see it glow out there on the streets. Come on out and paint the night with us. You'll see Mickey Mouse and his lovable friends, the enchanted wonders of Belle and the Beast's castle, the pulse-pounding adventures of the Big Hero 6, and so many more of the magic worlds of Disney. Now, for those of you that painted something for us, I'll hand it over to tonight's creative director, my pal Sheriff Woody.

WOODY:
Howdy, everyone! Welcome to the show! If you drew up some artwork, make sure you head over to where it's set to show up if you haven't yet. And remember, when your creation gets close to you, anything you're wearing that's Made With SpectroMagic is gonna sparkle in a bunch of different colors depending on what you made - sort of like it's doing right now! In my time as a toy I've seen a lot of great imagination, and I think all yours is right up there with it. Jiminy, how long until we step off?

JIMINY:
Just about ten minutes. See you then, folks!

Opening Unit

As the lights dim, we hear a very familiar sound...

On this magic night,
A million stars will play beside us,
Cast a spell of light,
Glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling
'Round the world tonight,
A symphony in SpectroMagic.
Pure enchantment lights our way!

Woody chimes in once more: "This is our playtime...where with a spark of light, a rainbow of possibilities, and a special touch from each of us, the unforgettable characters and moments of Disney stories are painted to life."

Jiminy finishes the introduction thusly: "And now, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents, in ten million bright hues of musical light...the magic worlds of Disney...as colors combine to make some...SpectroMagic!"

The first float of the parade is exactly the same as the original...the trumpeters' float.
spectromagic-trumpeters.jpg
In front of the trumpeters are six SpectroMen. Their names: Lightcap, Waxxee, Twinkle, Piccolo, Glitterflow, Tyedye. Each has a SpectroMagical art tool (paintbrush, crayon, marker, pencil, etc.) affixed to one of their arms, and they can change the colors of any accessories the guests are wearing with a cheerful wave.

Oh, and by the way, I recently came across the backstory for these whimsical light-keepers. Here it is:

The Spectromen are keepers of light. They hold the parades magical light and transform it for you in the midst of the night. They come from a land called Light Spriation where everything is filled with rays of light and magical bursts of color. They were always afraid to come out of hiding and share their magical light, until one day, Mickey, the Spectromen King, asked if they would join him in a nighttime festival of magic and light, and come and bring the magical light for everyone to see. Scared to confront people, they hesitated. After much consideration, the Spectro Men agreed. They brought along their magical Spectro Balls and Light-Trumpets to spread the joy of their magical light to everyone. Mickey controls the light they magically create and powers the parade through his Electro-ball, changing it from night to day, or crystal to multi-color.

The story of the SpectroMen has never really been told, or even mentioned. Creative Entertainment uses back-stories, as well as Walt Disney Imagineering, to help create the ride, show, or parade. Like who, what, when, why and where. The SpectroMen aren’t really scary (as many considered them to be), just misunderstood creatures of the night that just want to bring you their power of magical light.

Following them is a new unit: a series of Knights. They look like the knights in Tokyo's DreamLights parade and the "horses" they ride actually "trot".
4858569449_ec0df36b4b_n.jpg
Following the knights are four moreSpectroMen - Holo-Brite, Lo-Beat, Rapstar and Opera - on the whirly-balls.

A reimagined SpectroMagic title float comes into view next, writing the parade's logo before our eyes once again. Two SpectroMen, Prismatix and Harmony, chatter about on balls affixed to the float, much like the setup of the original. The float itself is composed of fountain-like golden tubes that spew liquid color, which change hues in time with the logo. Along the bottom is a silver ribbon studded with light patterns.
9YkCUem.png
Following them are more SpectroMen on whirly-balls, as well as Mickey's iconic float. But this time, the crystal ball Mickey stands over will feature selected artwork. Upon seeing whatever new artwork comes into view, Mickey will remark about it.
3471413596_a8d32d33b0_b-1.jpg
Paintable Items: Whirly-balls, SpectroMagic logo, crystal ball

Music Unit

Following this is the music unit. It will remain the same as it was during the original run of SpectroMagic, but the instruments will be much more animated. Each instrument's bells, strings, etc. glow a different color when that instrument is played. Also, Genie's baton is replaced by a paint brush.

Alice in Wonderland Unit

Following behind the music unit is a new unit themed around Alice in Wonderland. Tulgey Wood makes up the front of this float - Alice is flanked by a few trees, with animatronic creatures sitting on their branches. The Cheshire Cat makes mysterious remarks about the guests' painting on the trees.

The butterflies from the former garden unit walk behind this float, alongside the White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts.

The next float in the unit involves Queen of Hearts' rose bushes, whose roses are all continually changing color as the playing cards paint them. Yet more cards surround the float, and they can use their brushes to paint any accessories the guests are wearing.

Paintable Items: Tulgey Wood trees; butterflies' wings; roses

Hunchback of Notre Dame Unit

Several of Quasimodo's handmade wooden figures dance around his replica of the Notre Dame cathedral, which he and Esmeralda stand on top of. A rendition of "God Help the Outcasts", done in the style of "On This Magic Night" is heard throughout this unit.

Paintable Items: Wooden figures, Notre Dame windows

Inside Out Unit
--More to come--

Little Mermaid Unit

Following this float is the Little Mermaid unit. The giant swimming fishes and the "bubble fishes" lead the way, as they did before. The hull of the sunken ship at the front of Ariel's float is now filled with treasure--treasure that the guests have painted. Behind Ariel's float, Sebastian conducts an orchestra of fish.

Paintable Items: Bubble fishes and giant swimming fishes; Ship's treasure

Winnie the Pooh Unit

Riding on a giant wave of color-changing honey, high above guests' heads is a giant mobile of Heffalump balloons. There are four different balloons in the mobile, each one carrying a different character--one carrying Tigger, one carrying Piglet, one carrying Eeyore and one carrying Rabbit. Behind them all is another Heffalump balloon carrying Pooh. Of course, all five characters will react to the different artwork. Heck, Tigger could do his "Why, it's spectacular!" from The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh when he comments on the artwork. (And if you don't know where the quote comes from, it's from the ending to the episode "Donkey for a Day", which you can watch in the video below...)

Paintable Items: Balloons

Big Hero 6 Unit
tjJC1sR.png
On top of a stack of Big Hero 6 comic books, Hiro is testing a modification of his now-famous Microbots - they now light up! This is achieved through a spherical volumetric display similar to the one seen on Mack in Disneyland's Paint the Night. At the front is Fred, spewing fire of several different colors. A second float consists of a giant open book, turned inward so that its pages are displayed on either side of the route. Honey Lemon and Wasabi battle a generic enemy on either side, playing along with the different backgrounds displayed in the books. Gogo Tomago and Baymax split the two floats on foot - or, in the former's case, on wheels. Gogo's outfit dazzles as she spins, Wasabi's blades glow, Honey spews colored smoke from her capsules, and Baymax can show his surroundings on his hyperspectral camera.

Paintable Items: Microbots, book pages

Beauty and the Beast Unit
--More to come--

Cars Unit

In a recreation of his body art studio - with paint cans, display hoods and such all around - Ramone faces backwards, bouncing on his hydraulics and holding his airbrush. He paints the cars rolling behind him - Lightning McQueen (with his original Piston Cup parts), Sally and Mater - as well as the guests' accessories. Guido has come along as well, driving and spinning about.

Paintable Items: Lightning, Sally, Mater, Ramone

Tangled Unit

The base of the unit is made to look like part of Rapunzel's tower, bordered by all the creative endeavors she took on while she was kept there - pottery, candles, paper maché, etc. Its walls display several of the guests' paintings at a time. Rapunzel herself is carried high by her expanse of astoundingly long hair, which flows to the bottom of the unit and lights up as it does in the film.

Paintable Items: Tower wall

Villains Unit
--More to come--

Finale

As the previous float fades out of view, the parade's ending theme fills your ears.

Music surrounds us
Laughter that found us
Twirling around this
Carousel of light and laughter!

We shall remember
This moment together
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!

On this magic night,
A special spell of light,

Music surrounds us
Magic around us
Twirling around us
Carousel of light and laughter!

Though we say goodbye
We cast a spell that won't be broken
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!

The first thing we see in the finale is an audio-animatronic Dumbo, who hovers about in special blue-and-magenta garb. Behind him is Casey Jr. (For this float, I'd honestly re-use the Casey Jr. float from Disneyland Paris' Wonderful World of Disney Parade, albeit without Dumbo atop him, because in this parade, he's in front of him...)
dumbo.jpg
Onboard the passenger cars of the train are some of the characters who appeared in the original SpectroMagic: Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Madame Upanova (the ostrich from Fantasia), Fifer Pig, Fiddler Pig, Practical Pig and the Big Bad Wolf.

Following behind Casey Jr. is a princess-based float. Heralded by couples waltzing romantically to the music (they will wear the same costumes the ballroom dancers wear in MSEP)...
main-street-electrical-parade-gallery02.jpg
...the float is a castle balcony on which Snow White and Prince Florian, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Aurora and Phillip and Belle and the Beast waltz. The float should look something like this...
0331ba.jpg
Joining the fun are the Seven Dwarfs. Some of the Dwarfs will march about on the ground, and the others will be on the float. Naturally, the Dwarfs have decorated the towers with sparkling jewels. On occasion, the Dwarfs on the float will even use their mining tools to pop one of them right off the wall for further inspection! Some of the smaller characters take turns popping in and out of the towers' windows - Jaq and Gus, Tinker Bell, even Duchess' kittens. The Three Fairies float towards the back, and Flora and Merryweather consistently fuss over whether to paint the guests' accessories pink or blue.

Inspired by, but not identical to, the boat from Steamboat Willie, a black-and-white vessel comes sailing in on a rainbow sea of paint, parting it into waves. Donald Duck is at the controls, which include a whistle whose tone harmonizes with the parade music. Minnie, Daisy and Pluto are also on the boat, dancing happily. The boat's wheel and smokestacks move in time with the music as well.

Following behind the boat is a float from the original SpectroMagic: the carousel float.
3988300815_49b5452473_b.jpg
Surrounding the carousel are Mary Poppins, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Aladdin, Jasmine, Peter Pan, Baloo, Timon and the like.

Behind this is one last float. This final float features larger-than-life art supplies - crayons, paintbrushes, paint cans, sheets of paper, watercolors, etc. - as well as an easel. There'll also be a few blocks with Disney Infinity textures, as a small homage to that game. Jiminy and Woody, alongside Buzz and Jessie wave goodbye to guests.

Paintable Items: Train cars, dancers' ballgowns, picture panels on the carousel canopy, easel

On this magic night,
A special spell of light,

"So long! I'm Jiminy Cricket..."
"And I'm Sheriff Woody..."
"...in SpectroMagic!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that was fun, and I honestly think this would be better than the original SpectroMagic, so this is definitely going into my plans. But anyways, in my next post, we'll finish the park up with the fireworks. See ya then!

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

Wonder how this would work with the song When can I see you again with the spectromagic theme in place of Baroque Hoedown. Is the logo animated like the paint the night logo in the drum unit. If Disney made this there going to add Frozen to it, and think it should have a Princess & The Frog unit? Good job though.

mharrington

Overall, a great parade. However, I have another suggestion, based on the select scenes in the show...

This new parade is essentially a mix between the original SpectroMagic and Disneyland's popular Paint the Night. Call it, SpectroMagic 2.0, if you will. @RadiatorSpringsRacer was the one who came up with this idea, and I just fell in love with it.

There was an image that showed the name "SpectroMagic: Our Colors Combined". So how about that, only with "our" dropped, so that it now reads "SpectroMagic: Colors Combined"?

Music Unit

Following this is the music unit. It will remain the same as it was during the original run of SpectroMagic, but the instruments will be much more animated. Each instrument's bells, strings, etc. glow a different color when that instrument is played. Also, Genie's baton is replaced by a paint brush.

I noticed a significant lack of any mention of the Fab Six, except for Mickey and Pluto. You said that the music scene is the same as in the original show. Does that mean that Goofy is there, too? I'm guessing that he is, but I just wanted to clarify.

Inspired by, but not identical to, the boat from Steamboat Willie, a black-and-white vessel comes sailing in on a rainbow sea of paint, parting it into waves. Pluto is at the controls, which include a whistle whose tone harmonizes with the parade music. The boat's wheel and smokestacks move in time with the music as well.

As I said before you did not mention anything about the rest of the Fab Six. Maybe instead of just Pluto on board, what if you had the rest of the Fab Six on this float? Goofy is already in the music section earlier in the show, so he won't be here, but there could still be Minnie, Donald and Daisy, as well as Pluto. Also, instead of Pluto at the controls, it should be Donald, especially given his sailor attire and that it is a boat after all. It would be like the riverboat in the finale of Tokyo's Dreamlights parade, which Donald also steers.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Overall, a great parade. However, I have another suggestion, based on the select scenes in the show...

There was an image that showed the name "SpectroMagic: Our Colors Combined". So how about that, only with "our" dropped, so that it now reads "SpectroMagic: Colors Combined"?

Wonderful idea! Sure does sound better than "SpectroMagic 2.0".

I noticed a significant lack of any mention of the Fab Six, except for Mickey and Pluto. You said that the music scene is the same as in the original show. Does that mean that Goofy is there, too? I'm guessing that he is, but I just wanted to clarify.

Goofy is still in the scene.

As I said before you did not mention anything about the rest of the Fab Six. Maybe instead of just Pluto on board, what if you had the rest of the Fab Six on this float? Goofy is already in the music section earlier in the show, so he won't be here, but there could still be Minnie, Donald and Daisy, as well as Pluto. Also, instead of Pluto at the controls, it should be Donald, especially given his sailor attire and that it is a boat after all. It would be like the riverboat in the finale of Tokyo's Dreamlights parade, which Donald also steers.

Good idea! I've just updated the post to include your ideas.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now, at last, we come to the final piece to close out the Magic Kingdom: Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams. This epic fireworks display weaves a tale of the power of dreams, as told by Jiminy Cricket. Originally, I had no intention to update this show...but then, I saw Disneyland Forever on YouTube. Upon seeing Disneyland Forever, I plan to update Wishes to bring it up to par with Disneyland Forever. To do this, I plan to use projections on the castle, and set up various effects all around the Hub--water screens, water fountains, and various other things.

So, let's not waste another second. Let us take in the spectacle of...

ZIK4455422.1432922446.580x580.jpg

wishes-nighttime-spectacular-05.jpg

Night has settled all across the Magic Kingdom. The murmur of guests rings down Main Street U.S.A., as you approach the center of the hub, by the Partners Statue, to find a good location to view the fireworks for their opening night debut. Cinderella Castle is illuminated in a dark blue hue, as the light of the moon reflects down onto the hub. After watching SpectroMagic: Colors Combined, you find yourself anticipating what lies in store next. The trees down Main Street U.S.A., and the trees in the middle of the Hub, twinkle with pixel lights, enchanting the street making everything seem magical. The smell of popcorn settles into the hub, as families quickly rush to get some ice cream and their spots to see the fireworks. Anticipation rises.

Introduction: A World of Wishes

Then, a rich, low chord is struck, as all of Main Street U.S.A. and Cinderella Castle black out, enveloping the entire entrance of the park and the hub in complete darkness. Then, the chord builds higher and higher, crescendoing into the iconic opening fanfare. From this point, the show is largely the same as it is before. But, after Aladdin's voice is heard saying "Genie, I wish for your freedom" and the choir sings "Wishes", that's where the changes start.

Scene One: Dreams Take Flight

JIMINY CRICKET: All it takes is a simple wish to let all of your dreams take flight!

Peter Pan suddenly emerges from one of the balconies of Cinderella Castle. Peter Pan emerges off of the balcony and appears to fly across the front of the castle.

PETER PAN: Hey there, everyone! Now, think of the happiest things, it's the same as having wings! All you need is faith and trust. Oh, and one thing I forgot, dust! Tinker Bell!

Suddenly, the entire castle becomes illuminated in a darker golden color. Golden streams fireworks fall around the castle.

Come on, everybody! Here we go! Off to Neverland!

In that instance, suddenly, Peter Pan flies around the castle. With the use of projections, the castle appears to be shrinking smaller and smaller. Wait, we're flying! Clouds soon cover the castle, as six different water screens surround the castle emerge, projected with fanciful clouds, making it seem as though the entire hub is floating in the middle of the sky. As this is happening, the tune of "You Can Fly!" is heard, as Peter flies through the clouds, before the segments ends with an arch of firework streams rising from behind the castle, illuminating it with a white light.

Scene Two: Be Our Guest

Then, a drum roll sounds, as the entire castle is illuminated in a dark red hue. The windows of the castle are illuminated with bright yellow lights. Lumiere appears from behind a curtain and welcomes the guests to the magical night that is yet to be seen. The entire hub then explodes in a celebration of color! Fireworks from behind the castle then are perfectly choreographed to "Be Our Guest" as the castle is illuminated in a rainbow of lights.

Fountains to the sides of the castle dance to the melody of the music. In the final segment of the show, Lumiere appears on the castle, which is adorned with numerous colorful spotlights, dancing plates and silverware, as they proceed into the final segment of the show. As the song segues into its' final fanfare, an array of colorful fireworks explode behind the castle, as the fountains dance higher and higher. At the speed of the music picks up, more and more fireworks blast off. It's like a mini-finale and the show has only just begun! In the final chord of the number, a big blast of fireworks erupts completely surrounding the hub, before the hub fades back into the darkness.

Scene Three: Wishes To Be Shared

JIMINY CRICKET: Wishes can be very special, especially when you share them with friends...

Suddenly, we see the iconic sunrise from The Lion King projected onto the castle, complete with the iconic opening chant. What follows is a beautiful segment inspired by "Circle of Life". The water screens project animals walking towards the castle, which has turned into Pride Rock. As the song ends, a gigantic firework explodes in time to the bass drum hit that ends the song as the projections black out.

Then, projected at the base of the castle, Timon and Pumbaa appear, welcoming the audience to their care-free, no worries lifestyle. An instrumental of "Hakuna Matata" plays, as the castle is soon covered with bugs and grubs, covering all over the castle. Firework explosions in the shapes of types of bugs emerge in the sky, along with other fireworks choreographed to the music. Leaves are projected all along the base of the castle. The fountains at the base of the castle simulate green leaves, to create a dense-jungle like appearance. During the segment, guests can hear Timon and Pumbaa talking about all of the delicious grubs crawling across the castle.

In the midst of the song, a flash of blue appears across the castle, as blue sparkles drape around the castle. The Genie from Aladdin appears!

GENIE: Whoa! 10,000 years can give you such a crick in the neck! Hello, people, up here! Come on, we've got some wishes to grant!

This leads into an instrumental of "Friend Like Me", where the Genie uses his magic powers to warp and change the castle. In this number Genie's magical powers are choreographed to the fireworks, as he uses his magic to transfigure the castle, the sparks on the castle are choreographed with real fireworks. At the end of the number, the Genie has multiplied all over the castle and finishes off the number, as a string of blue fireworks shoot into the sky.

At the conclusion of the "Friend Like Me" segment, the water screens re-emerge around the hub, as Aladdin and Jasmine appear, singing "A Whole New World". The two fly around the hub via the water screens, floating along the Magic Carpet, amidst a starry night. The Sultan's Palace from Agrabah is projected onto Cinderella Castle. Water fountains dance in arching formations. Shimmery fireworks blast off into the sky in golden colors. The silvery, starry fireworks descend down over the hub. Beautiful, steams of fireworks shoot up from behind the castle, quiet, not to disturb the beauty of the scene. At the end of the segment, Aladdin and Jasmines descend and the Sultan's Palace fades, leaving the castle twinkling in an array of blinking stars.

Scene Four: Underwater Dreams

As the next sequence begins, the stars fade away and the area is shrouded in complete darkness. Suddenly, we hear the voices of Marlin and Dory from Finding Nemo.

MARLIN: Dory, do you see anything?

DORY: Ahh! Something's got me!

MARLIN: That was me. I'm sorry.

DORY: Who's that?

MARLIN: Who's that? Who else would it be? It's me!

DORY: Are... are you my conscience?

MARLIN: (sighs) Yes, I'm your conscience. We haven't spoken for a while. How are you?

DORY: Eh, can't complain.

MARLIN: Good. Now, Dory, do you see anything?

A giant white light appears at the top of the castle's tallest spire.

DORY: Yes, I see... a light. Hey, conscience, am I dead?

MARLIN: No, I see it too.

Marlin and Dory then appear on the castle, seemingly coming out of the darkness and towards the light.

DORY: It's so...pretty.

MARLIN: I'm feeling...happy. Which is a big deal for me.

DORY: I want to touch it.

And with that, they swim up to the spire and watch in awe as the light reveals itself to be a firework. Soon, more fireworks, in shades of blue and green appear to the tune of “In the Big Blue World”, as the undersea environment from Finding Nemo comes to life on the castle and on the water screens.

Suddenly, we find ourselves rising above the surface. The moon's silver light shines down upon the waves. To underscore this haunting sight, guests can hear the faint score to "Part of Your World", as Ariel wishes to be a part of the human world. Soon the castle becomes engulfed with a wave, as if it was being submerged. The entire area soon feels as though it is underwater. Bubbles descend down upon the area and lasers simulate the wavy surface to the ocean, completely enveloping the hub and Main Street. The water screens open to simulate the undersea environment from The Little Mermaid.

Fireworks and fountains dance to "Part of Your World", before the hub becomes alive with color, to the tune of "Under the Sea". Sebastian appears on one of the water screens, as the entire hub wraps with all different sorts of undersea-life seen in The Little Mermaid. The hub becomes alive with an array of colorful fountains. Colorful fireworks blast off into the sky in red, green and blue colors. Arches of fireworks envelop the castle in the tropical, undersea rhythm. Lights envelop the hub, as the song reaches its' climax and blasts of shimmery, twirly fireworks shoot off into the sky.

Scene Five: A Wish to See the World

Projected onto the castle, a series of leaves sweep across, before the instrumental tune of "Colors of the Wind" could be heard. Blue and green fountains rise into the sky, turning into the center, towards the castle. The sky becomes illuminated with different colors of fireworks. Some of the fireworks "sizzle" out, almost as if they are part of the leaves flying across the castle. As the end of the song approaches, the fireworks become more vibrant and larger, until the end of the song, where a series of colorful fireworks arch out from behind the castle.

A silhouette of Hercules onboard Pegasus flies across the castle, as the castle is illuminated in a bright orange color. Huge circular red and orange fireworks blast off to the tune of "Go the Distance" in a grand and bold manner (re-using the same track as that used in the original version of Wishes). The song soon segues into "Out There" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which keeps the same manner as the previous segment, the fireworks launch out in big, bold patterns to the tune of the music. The Cathedral of Notre Dame is projected onto the castle, as huge fireworks explode out from behind it, completely enveloping the entire hub in the bright oranges and reds of the fireworks.

Scene Six: The Ties of Family

A brief reprise of "When You Wish Upon a Star" plays again.

JIMINY CRICKET: If you tell someone about your wish, that doesn't mean that it won't come true, you know. Just like my friend, Pinoke, he and his father both wished on a star...and their wishes came true.

An instrumental of "You'll Be in My Heart" plays, as vines slowly creep up the castle, as blue butterflies fly across the castle. Green fountains shoot up around the castle, as golden streams of fireworks fall during the verse of the song, raining down over the castle, like a canopy. During the refrain of the song, strings of pyrotechnics emerge from the sides of the castle, ending the segment perfectly. The hub soon fades to darkness again, as "Ellie's Theme" from Up plays, as colorful balloons rise on the castle. Colorful fireworks in red, blue, green, yellow and all sorts of colors illuminate the hub, for the incredibly colorful, yet somber musical segment.

Suddenly, the area takes on a cool, mellow blue tone, as we hear the voice of Timothy Mouse.

TIMOTHY: Come on, Dumbo. You can do it. You don't need a magic feather! You really can fly!

And just like that, Dumbo himself appears flying over Cinderella Castle, flapping his big ears and moving his legs. Blue shells are quietly shot in the background, as Allison Kraus' voice sings "Baby Mine". The music softens and Dumbo makes his exit.

Emerging from the side of the castle, Stitch appears, as Experiment 626. He arrives at a balcony in the castle, where he uses his laser gun weapon to shoot into the audience. As he does so, flares emerge all around the castle and the hub, as lazers emerge into the audience, in a completely 3-D realistic way. Stitch lets out a wicked laugh, before proceeding his onslaught of using his laser gun to spark fireworks from all around the castle. Stitch waves goodbye to the audience, as he climbs down the sides of the castle turrets and plunges into the Cinderella Castle moat towards Tomorrowland. A splash is heard and the water fountains shoot up.

Scene Seven: Wishes of Love

JIMINY CRICKET: A wish is a powerful thing, especially when it comes from the heart...

The darkened hub becomes illuminated to the grand tune of "One Song" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, before proceeding into elements of "Someday My Prince Will Come". The Prince's castle from the film is projected onto the castle, as a colorful mix of golden curtain fireworks is contrasted against the deep blue hues of the dancing fountains. Hearts are also projected onto the castle.

Immediately following the refrain from Snow White, "So This Is Love" from Cinderella sweeps through the hub, the castle takes on a gloss, glassy appearance, not too different from glass slippers, perhaps? Bold blue and white orb fireworks explode in the sky, almost as bright and shimmery as diamonds. Heart fireworks explode in the sky, as blue dancing fountains illuminate the base of the castle.

Following the Cinderella segment, the hub livens up to the tune of "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty. Cinderella Castle takes the form of King Stephan's castle from the film, as a battle ensues between blue and pink fireworks above. The bright fireworks light up the castle, lighting up the structure in an array of blue and pink lights. Flying across the castle are small red, green and blue orbs; Flora, Fauna and Merryweather. During the segment, guests can hear Flora and Merryweather chanting "Make it pink!" or "Blue"! At the base of the castle, the fountains themselves are battling out between deciding whether to be blue or pink.

As the song slowly fades, a single floating lantern is projected, rising up the castle.

"I See the Light" starts playing throughout the hub, as the water screens surrounding the hub soon become illuminated with several floating lanterns, which also completely illuminate the castle. Rapunzel begins to sing the verse of the song, as golden fountains rise from the base of Cinderella Castle. Golden fireworks explode overhead. It really does feel as though the entire hub is surrounded in floating lanterns. As Flynn joins Rapunzel during the refrain of the song, real floating lanterns float from the base of Cinderella Castle and rise into the sky, out of sight. As the song slowly finishes out its' final chords, the tone of the music turns somewhat darker, dismal. The castle falls into a dark blue/purplish color.

Scene Eight: Dark Forces Ignite

JIMINY CRICKET: Uh oh, now don’t worry. Just remember, always let your conscience be your guide. Let your conscience be your guide…let your conscience be your guide…

Suddenly a flash of light appears across the castle, as a firework makes a gigantic, thunderous noise. In a golden circular frame, the face of the Magic Mirror appears, stating to the guests that dreams can give way to a world of nightmares. Flames burst from within the magic mirror, engulfing the mirror and spreading across the castle. Real jets of fire ignite off of the castle.

THE QUEEN: Slaves in the magic mirror, come from the farthest space. Through wind and darkness, I summon thee. Let me see thy face. A blast of wind, to find my fate. A thunderbolt, to cast my spell. Alas, grant me my wish as well.

Smoke emants from the castle, as green fountains emerge from its' base. Projected green some rises along the castle, before the evil face of Scar from The Lion King appears from within the green smoke. Suddenly, a rock theme of "Be Prepared" takes hold, as bold green and yellow fireworks illuminate the sky, cackling above. The segment ends with a thundersome crackle, from the fireworks above. The green lights remain on the castle, as a shadowy figure of Dr. Facilier is projected onto the castle, performing "Friends on the Other Side". During the number, the dark shadow uses his "voodoo" powers to create the magical firework displays at hand, in many different shapes. Dark shadowy creatures swarm the castle. This segment is similar to the "Friend Like Me" segment, where in, the animation on the castle, is choreographed with the fireworks.

Suddenly, bursts of flame appear from the castle, as "Hellfire" plays. Huge orbs of red and orange fireworks explode in the sky, painting a haunting picture of a darkened Cinderella Castle in the forefront. It seemingly appears as though the sky is on fire from the mass arrangement of fiery red fireworks. Fiery beams emerge from jets on Cinderella Castle. The segment ends with an explosion of blood red fireworks surrounding the hub.

When the light from the fireworks fade, a very familiar villain appears in a burst of green flame.

MALEFICENT: Behold the power of all evil! This kingdom shall become my dominion of nightmares!

Blasts of green fireworks emerge from behind the castle. Projected thorns begin to cover the castle. The water screens open to reveal a thorn forest surrounding the hub. Jets of fire appear from within the hub, spreading the blaze across the river, seemingly making it seem as though the hub is surrounding by a river of fire! Blasts of green and purple fireworks explode in the sky, creating a haunted scene. The fireworks explode faster and faster, as the fire sears farther. Maleficent's wicked laugh fills the hub. The momentum continues to build and build until…

Sorcerer Yensid appears on the castle and halts the madness by casting forth his hands. Upon doing so, the fountains rise and rush upwards towards the castle. The fire is distinguished and the madness finally subdues, as Maleficent's laughter fades away. The twisted green and purple mash of colors on the castle fades away, illuminating the castle in a light blue glow.

Scene Nine: A Bolt Out of the Blue

Smoke still clears from the previous madness, surrounding the castle, as all falls silent. A slight glimmer of light sparkles across Cinderella Castle. From here on out, the rest of the show plays out just like it did before, starting from Jiminy's line "You know folks, you gotta be careful what you wish for around here, or you'll get yourself in an awful mess."

Finale: A Wish Triumphant

For this new version of Wishes, the finale will be changed a bit. After Jiminy Cricket says "'Cause that, my friends, is where the magic lives", the castle becomes black and white and Walt Disney himself seems to walk through the castle entrance.

WALT DISNEY: To all who come to this happy place...welcome.

Then, as the choirs sing the current finale, the castle projects scenes of Disney characters having their wishes come true. An orchestra of fireworks jet into the sky, of all different colors. They illuminate Cinderella Castle, which grows brighter and brighter. Streams of fireworks shoot from the Castle, towards the sky, crossing in front of one another. The fountains rise higher and higher, as the music builds. On the final note, a burst of golden fireworks surrounding Cinderella Castle and the hub illuminate the Magic Kingdom, before fading away into the dark.

JIMINY CRICKET: See what a little wishing can do?

Cinderella Castle lies, shimmering thoughout the night.

Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams
INTRODUCTION: A WORLD OF WISHES
1) Wishes Theme
-Jiminy Cricket's Introduction-
2) When You Wish Upon a Star

DREAMS TAKE FLIGHT
3) You Can Fly!

BE OUR GUEST
4) Be Our Guest

WISHES TO BE SHARED
5) Circle of Life
6) Hakuna Matata
7) Friend Like Me
8) A Whole New World

UNDERWATER DREAMS
-Marlin and Dory's Interlude-
9) In the Big Blue World
10) Part of Your World
11) Under the Sea

A WISH TO SEE THE WORLD
12) Colors of the Wind
13) Go the Distance
14) Out There

THE TIES OF FAMILY
15) When Your Wish Upon a Star (Reprise)
16) You'll Be in My Heart
17) Ellie's Theme
18) Baby Mine
-Stitch's Interlude-

WISHES OF LOVE
19) One Song/Someday My Prince Will Come
20) So This is Love
21) Once Upon a Dream
22) I See the Light

DARK FORCES IGNITE
-Magic Mirror Interlude-
23) Be Prepared
24) Friends On the Other Side
25) Hellfire
-Maleficent's Takeover Interlude-

A BOLT OUT OF THE BLUE
-Blue Fairy's Interlude-
26) Wishes Theme (Reprise)

FINALE: A WISH TRIUMPHANT
-Walt Disney's Interlude-
27) Finale ("Wishes" Theme/When You Wish Upon a Star)

28) Exit Music (Wishes)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And with that, our tour of the Magic Kingdom has come to an end. I really hope you enjoyed this post--the second of my "New Generation" threads. The next thread--regarding Disney's Hollywood Studios--will be coming by very soon.

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

Cool. I know you said no Frozen in Wishes, but does that count the Ties of Family segment showing Anna & Elsa as kids playing in the snow from her magic, and both of them grown up hugging? In case its shown in the summer have you thought of the Stitch interlude temporarily replace by Olaf's In Summer during the summer? Which characters appear in the finale of Wishes?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Cool. I know you said no Frozen in Wishes, but does that count the Ties of Family segment showing Anna & Elsa as kids playing in the snow from her magic, and both of them grown up hugging? In case its shown in the summer have you thought of the Stitch interlude temporarily replace by Olaf's In Summer during the summer? Which characters appear in the finale of Wishes?

I have no plans to use Anna and Elsa in the "Ties of Family" segment, nor do I have plans to have an Olaf scene during the summer. However, Anna and Elsa will make an appearance in the finale, because I mentioned the finale will feature a montage of Disney characters having their wishes come true.

In fact, here now is a full-fledged description of the finale...
In-Depth Look: "Wishes" Finale

Let me set the scene: after the Blue Fairy helps us in making a wish come true, the Castle turns a shimmering blue.

JIMINY CRICKET: You see, its just like I told ya. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. 'Cause that, my friends, is where the magic lives...

A projection of Disneyland's opening day appears on the castle.

WALT DISNEY: To all who come to this happy place...welcome.

A children's choir and an adult choir come together to sing the finale.

Wishes! Dream a dream (fate is kind)
Wishes! Set it free (she brings to those who love)
Wishes! Trust your heart (the sweet fulfilment of)
Just Believe (their secret longing)
Just Believe (just believe)

Like a bolt out of the blue,
fate steps in and sees you through.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams...come...true

During the above, the Castle turns dark and clips from various Disney animated films are projected, showcasing Disney characters having their wishes come true. Here are the clips that will be shown:

• Snow White being woken up by the Prince's kiss
  • Pinocchio becoming a real boy
  • Dumbo being re-united with his mother
  • Cinderella and the Prince being married
  • Peter Pan and the Darlings soaring off to Neverland
  • Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip dancing in the clouds
  • Wart removing the sword from the stone
  • Mowgli and Baloo being re-united
  • Winnie the Pooh eating honey in the Honey Tree
  • Ariel being re-united with Prince Eric
  • The Beast and the servants becoming human again
  • Aladdin and Jasmine riding their magic carpet
  • Simba, Nala, Timon and Pumbaa on Pride Rock
  • Quasimodo being accepted into society
  • Hercules becomes a hero
  • The Chinese people bowing down to Mulan
  • Tarzan and Jane being re-united
  • Tiana and Naveen becoming human again
  • Rapunzel being re-united with her parents
  • Anna being un-thawed; Anna and Elsa hugging
On the "Like a bolt" part, the fountains start to rise and jump in time to the music. Various fireworks shoot up in the distance.

Make a wish, and do as dreamers do (just do as dreamers do)

Make a wish!
(Wishes!) Dream a dream!
(Wishes!) Cross your heart!
And your wish...will...come...true!

On each "Wishes", the fountains shoot up simultaneously, and the fireworks bang simultaneously.

On "true", the fountains and fireworks rise and bang at a mighty rate.

JIMINY CRICKET: See what a little wishing can do?

On the last note, the fountains shut off, the fireworks give off their last bang and the Hub is submersed in darkness.

After the applause dies down and the exit music starts up, Cinderella Castle lights up and shimmers throughout the night as the guests head off, having enjoyed a magical day at the Magic Kingdom.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Guys, I've come to an important decisions regarding one of the attraction in my plans. I recently came across this article here on WDWMagic, regarding the placements for the new Star Wars and Toy Story areas at DHS: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-may-fit-within-disneys-hollywood-studios.htm

Like the article, I believe that Star Wars will take over the Echo Lake area. So, with that said, I plan to give Indiana Jones a new home here in my plans. Unfortunately, this means that Journey to the Center of the Earth will be getting the boot. But, remember--Oriental Land Co. forbids the attractions made exclusively for Tokyo Disney Resort to be duplicated state-side.

So, with that said, here's the link to my updated Adventureland post, with Indy replacing Journey: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magic-kingdom-a-new-generation.903725/#post-6872999

Twilight_Roxas

With Indiana Jones why not give it a original theme while being the same attraction like how Temple of the Forbidden Eye is Disneyland, and Temple of the Crystal Skull for Tokyo Disneysea? When I did a Disney park I use the same Indiana Jones attraction, but change the name, and theme to Indiana Jones: Temple of the Inferno Ruby.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
With Indiana Jones why not give it a original theme while being the same attraction like how Temple of the Forbidden Eye is Disneyland, and Temple of the Crystal Skull for Tokyo Disneysea? When I did a Disney park I use the same Indiana Jones attraction, but change the name, and theme to Indiana Jones: Temple of the Inferno Ruby.

I honestly wouldn't give it a different name or original theme. I think the Disneyland version is perfect, and I would duplicate it perfectly for MK.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Happy Halloween, everyone! In the spirit of the season, here's what I'd have the Magic Kingdom do to celebrate the season.

Halloween at the Magic Kingdom
empty-main-street-castle-framed-by-pumpkins-M.jpg
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party allows guests to trick-or-treat while immersed in the fantasy of the Magic Kingdom. The evening includes Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade; trick-or-treating throughout the Magic Kingdom at numerous locations; and the special HalloWishes fireworks. Lots of characters are out in the park, wearing their favorite costumes -- you're encouraged to wear yours too.
  • Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: Come little children...to the Castle Forecourt Stage, because every night at the Halloween Party, the mischievous Sanderson Sisters from the 1993 cult classic Hocus Pocus return to the mortal world for one night during the Halloween season. With only a few hours to run amuck, the three sisters decide to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard! With the help of the Disney villains, Winnifred, Mary and Sarah gather together sinister shadows, nefarious nightmares and the power of their frightful friends to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion and cast a spell on everyone in the Magic Kingdom Park. Aside from the well-known witches, the show also features appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects that combine to make this show a not-to-be-missed Halloween treat.

• Villain Meet & Greets: Even before the park closes for the Halloween party, you can meet the villains in the parks. For the last 2 weeks in October, some of Disney's classic villains will be out and about to spread Halloween fun throughout the park. Expect to find villains in lands themed around their movies (i;e Jafar in Adventureland, Brer Fox & Brer Bear in Frontierland, Ratcliffe, Facilier and the Sanderson Sisters in Liberty Square, etc.)
  • Special Meet & Greets: Of course, you'll be able to find a few rare characters here at the party--like the Seven Dwarfs, Abu, the princes, Jack Sparrow and more. Plus, you can also meet characters from The Hunchback of Notre Dame up on the stage of the show, and Lion King characters inside their show's pre-show area. This type of special meet & greet only takes place during the hard-ticket events.
  • Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy: Much like Disneyland, this classic Magic Kingdom coaster gets the scare treatment...

Attractions Open During MNSSHP

Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Adventureland
  • Legend of the Lion King
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
Frontierland
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Splash Mountain
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Western River Expedition
Liberty Square
  • The Haunted Mansion
Fantasyland
  • Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • "it's a small world"
  • A Tangled Tale
  • Princess Fairytale Hall
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • The Barnstormer
  • Wonderland Canal Cruise
  • Mad Tea Party
Tomorrowland
  • The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
  • The Timekeeper
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority
  • Space Mountain
  • Adventure Thru Macro Space

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom