1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Magic Hours at Disney's California Adventure?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by burks, Apr 3, 2012.

1. burks

burks Well-Known Member

With the addition of Cars Land has anyone heard if they will be adding Magic Hours for Disney's California Adventure? As of now only Disneyland itself offers Magic Hours. I'm wondering if it might be worth it to get tickets that include Magic Hours this summer to enjoy Cars Land before the park opens?
  2. TP2000

TP2000 Well-Known Member

You should read the Al Lutz column at Miceage today. It deals with the usual avalanche of juicy rumors, but one of the things he discusses is the plan for Magic Mornings at DCA this summer.

Take it away Mr. Lutz!... http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al040312a.htm
  3. burks

burks Well-Known Member

Thanks, that did answer a lot of my questions. Too bad they are raising the ht req. for the matterhorn bobsleds, my son is 39 inches now and don't think he will make it to 42 by August.
  4. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the Matterhorn, too. My daughter is about 36-37 inches and we're planning to head down in November. She probably won't make it to 40, and I was really excited to take the whole family on a "big kid" ride together. Then there's my Indy-obsessed son who needs to grow about four inches to actually be able to ride Indy... :rolleyes:
  5. raven24

raven24 Well-Known Member

They don't measure your kids at Disneyland, and if they do it's VERY RARE. Unless your kid obviously looks much shorter than the required height, they don't bother. 36-37 inches should get your kid on with no worries. It's really all about your kid's age. I know all this because I used to work the Fantasyland attractions at Disneyland.:animwink:
  6. burks

burks Well-Known Member

The new requirement for the Matterhorn will be 42 inches; I think a half a foot will be significant.
  7. burks

burks Well-Known Member

The new requirement for the Matterhorn will be 42 inches; I think a half a foot will be significant.
  8. burks

burks Well-Known Member

9. burks

burks Well-Known Member

The article says the new ht requirement for the Matterhorn will be 42 inches not 40, I think they'll notice if a child is a half foot below the requirement.
    But it's good to know they are not super strict about it.
  10. nemofinder22

nemofinder22 Well-Known Member

Why would DLR not be strict on height requirements? It's there for a reason, safety. The amount of safety info and safety training CMs go under that is not the case.

1-3 inches is still a significant amount of not meeting the height requirement. 42 inches is 42 inches. A CM can get in a lot of trouble of letting someone who does not meet the height requirement or the age to ride alone.
  11. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

I didn't finish my thought before. The Matterhorn is definitely out at 42, so my new target is 40 for Space, Splash, Big Thunder and Soarin. That's why I was thinking about whether or not she could get to 40". Oh well, there's always Gadget's Go Coaster (Barnstormer-level coaster).
  12. burks

burks Well-Known Member

You've got 7 -8 months, maybe she'll suprise you and make it to 40". Anytime our boy does not want to eat his vegtables we tell him he needs to or he won't make the ht requirements. :drevil: Not sure that's the best parenting advice though.