Magic Hours at Disney's California Adventure?

Mawg

Original Poster
With the addition of Cars Land has anyone heard if they will be adding Magic Hours for Disney's California Adventure? As of now only Disneyland itself offers Magic Hours. I'm wondering if it might be worth it to get tickets that include Magic Hours this summer to enjoy Cars Land before the park opens?

Mawg

Original Poster
Thanks, that did answer a lot of my questions. Too bad they are raising the ht req. for the matterhorn bobsleds, my son is 39 inches now and don't think he will make it to 42 by August.

Cosmic Commando

Thanks, that did answer a lot of my questions. Too bad they are raising the ht req. for the matterhorn bobsleds, my son is 39 inches now and don't think he will make it to 42 by August.
Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the Matterhorn, too. My daughter is about 36-37 inches and we're planning to head down in November. She probably won't make it to 40, and I was really excited to take the whole family on a "big kid" ride together. Then there's my Indy-obsessed son who needs to grow about four inches to actually be able to ride Indy... :rolleyes:

Californian Elitist

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the Matterhorn, too. My daughter is about 36-37 inches and we're planning to head down in November. She probably won't make it to 40, and I was really excited to take the whole family on a "big kid" ride together. Then there's my Indy-obsessed son who needs to grow about four inches to actually be able to ride Indy... :rolleyes:

They don't measure your kids at Disneyland, and if they do it's VERY RARE. Unless your kid obviously looks much shorter than the required height, they don't bother. 36-37 inches should get your kid on with no worries. It's really all about your kid's age. I know all this because I used to work the Fantasyland attractions at Disneyland.:animwink:

Mawg

Original Poster
The new requirement for the Matterhorn will be 42 inches; I think a half a foot will be significant.

Mawg

Original Poster
The new requirement for the Matterhorn will be 42 inches; I think a half a foot will be significant.

Mawg

Original Poster

Mawg

Original Poster
The article says the new ht requirement for the Matterhorn will be 42 inches not 40, I think they'll notice if a child is a half foot below the requirement.
But it's good to know they are not super strict about it.

nemofinder22

Why would DLR not be strict on height requirements? It's there for a reason, safety. The amount of safety info and safety training CMs go under that is not the case.

1-3 inches is still a significant amount of not meeting the height requirement. 42 inches is 42 inches. A CM can get in a lot of trouble of letting someone who does not meet the height requirement or the age to ride alone.

Cosmic Commando

The article says the new ht requirement for the Matterhorn will be 42 inches not 40, I think they'll notice if a child is a half foot below the requirement.
But it's good to know they are not super strict about it.
I didn't finish my thought before. The Matterhorn is definitely out at 42, so my new target is 40 for Space, Splash, Big Thunder and Soarin. That's why I was thinking about whether or not she could get to 40". Oh well, there's always Gadget's Go Coaster (Barnstormer-level coaster).

Mawg

Original Poster
You've got 7 -8 months, maybe she'll suprise you and make it to 40". Anytime our boy does not want to eat his vegtables we tell him he needs to or he won't make the ht requirements. :drevil: Not sure that's the best parenting advice though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom