Magic Bands in November

mouselover321

Woo hoo! Able to customize our MagicBands for our split stay trip 11/30 to 12/7. It let me go thru just about all of the process of selecting our Fastpass + choices but since we're still 66 days out it wouldn't let me complete. Oh well it gives me something to do next week when I check-in online.

On a related note, does anyone have any concerns about putting your young children's names on the Bands? My wife is concerned that a stranger would know their names and put them at risk. I maintain that the name would be on the inside of the band and never seen. Also, is the name on the band what they'll use to identify you by name and possibly address you by it? If I put their initials will it ruin that experience?
How were you able to customize your Magicbands?! We have the same check in day….

ninjaprincesst

Woo Hoo! I finally got it to work and customized our magicbands. I honestly was not expecting to get magic bands for this trip so i am really excited.

ninjaprincesst

Woo hoo! Able to customize our MagicBands for our split stay trip 11/30 to 12/7. It let me go thru just about all of the process of selecting our Fastpass + choices but since we're still 66 days out it wouldn't let me complete. Oh well it gives me something to do next week when I check-in online.

On a related note, does anyone have any concerns about putting your young children's names on the Bands? My wife is concerned that a stranger would know their names and put them at risk. I maintain that the name would be on the inside of the band and never seen. Also, is the name on the band what they'll use to identify you by name and possibly address you by it? If I put their initials will it ruin that experience?

You can put any thing you like, up to nine letters, so you can do a nickname or initals bu since there is probably just room for their first names I don't thin it would be a safety issue, but at least you have the option and it might make mom feel better to do initals or nicknames, us moms can't help but worry.lol

jheltz27

In response to mouselover321...

Yesterday when I checked MDE in the morning the FastPass + & MagicBands tabs showed up. When I checked again that night and clicked on MagicBands I believe it told me I had an Order I could customize up to 10/31. Check your App and the actual online version (mine shows up there also) to see. It only listed our 1st night at BLT. Not sure if it will show our check-in at AKV the next day. Very excited now. Just wish they had a purple color.

Last edited:

danzkat

I go in 54 days to POR. I had to phone the Walt Disney Company to get my reservation number to be able to access the my disney experience app and see my reservation online but no news re magic bands yet. But the tickets dont seem to be connected even though they do show under my reservations. By the looks of things they don't ship magic bands to the UK anyway but would love to test out so will keep checking back to these forums and hopefully will find out some more info ahead of my trip

We're going to be staying at POR and confirmation numbers were listed

I heard that the names are on the inside of the band. The side that will be touching their skin. This is also what I have seen in pictures online. I hope that helps alleviate some concern. I know that when we go in Nov. my kids will probably want to get some accessories for their bands. Have fun on your trip!

stillgoofy

If anyone is still having trouble getting the bands try checking in (again) online. I had already checked in online but wasn't getting the customize band option. I clicked modify online checkin and went through the steps and when it was done the option appeared.:)

Hey, this worked for me. Just customized and ordered my Magic Bands that weren't originally showing. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

danzkat

In response to mouselover321...

Yesterday when I checked MDE in the morning the FastPass + & MagicBands tabs showed up. When I checked again that night and clicked on MagicBands I believe it told me I had an Order I could customize up to 10/31. Check your App and the actual online version (mine shows up there also) to see. It only listed our 1st night at BLT. Not sure if it will show our check-in at AKV the next day. Very excited now. Just wish they had a purple color.

I also wish they had purple! It makes me think of Figment! :joyfull:In the original Magic Band pictures purple was an option. Although if you see an awesome Magic Band cover in purple then you have a reason to get one!;)

travellerman

Went to bed last night a bit on the disappointed side thinking that I wouldn't get to try the magicband for my trip in November, but today after work I checked my Disney experience and guess what, I was able to customize the magicbands :happy: At the moment its for the second half of our split stay not the first half. But at least I get to try them out for a bit in any case.

MM311

Anyone else not able to make Fastpass + reservations? We will be there 11/8-11/15, I made the color selections for our magic bands, but when I go to the fastpass+ I get the error "We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window." the kicker is that I can only press ok, it doesn't let me switch dates or anything. Our reservation is a package and includes tickets, so I guess this may be some sort of glitch, or maybe I just have no clue what I am doing.

Longers

Does anyone know if you live in the UK do you have to put the hotel address in the my disney experience to personalise your MB? I have the option to personalise but obviously they won't ship to the UK and I don't want grey. Thanks

Any idea on how to put the UK phone number in. I have tried all options - with 0044, with just the number minus the zero

All sorted - magic bands ordered. Disney hotel address and phone number used to get them ordered

Last edited:

travellerman

MM311 i`m getting the same thing with the first half of my split stay. Can`t figure it out either, but I get the same message when I try for the beginning of the week. But when I check into the new hotel half way through, I have no problems setting up fastpass

MM311

MM311 i`m getting the same thing with the first half of my split stay. Can`t figure it out either, but I get the same message when I try for the beginning of the week. But when I check into the new hotel half way through, I have no problems setting up fastpass
Where are you staying when it doesn't work? We are at Port Orleans Riverside, maybe it has something to do with our resort...

travellerman

Am staying at Saratoga Springs for first 1/2 a week, and then Caribbean Beach Resort the other 1/2. The Caribbean Beach resort reservation is getting me the magicbands, and I have fastpasses chosen for then. But for Saratoga i'm not able to choose any fastpasses and have no magicbands for then (yet). At the moment i'm getting the message saying i'm not able to make any fastpass selections for those dates.

travellerman

What I'm wondering about, is if I don't get a magicband for the first resort of my split stay, but have it for the second, can they just link it to the first resort when I get there? Provided I have the bands with me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom