Maelstrom Mural

The MadHatter

Original Poster
Don't know if this was talked about but what is happening to the large mural in the ride load area? Is it painted directly on the wall or is it something they will be taking down?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
tumblr_m5je85XTWi1rpn7e8o1_500.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's weird. The only part in the ride that this mural relates to is the oil rig.... And even that didn't make any sense within the ride.

I honestly think this is my least favorite mural. They should have had an amazing painting with the trolls featured in the ride or something.

aladdin2007

It's weird. The only part in the ride that this mural relates to is the oil rig.... And even that didn't make any sense within the ride.

I honestly think this is my least favorite mural. They should have had an amazing painting with the trolls featured in the ride or something.

There was an original plan from the designers I believe for that entire load area to be mountains and forests (and not just a flat mural, there would have been trees etc on that left side) (a concept pic survives somewhere I think Ill have to look into my saved archives if you will) but the sponsoring companies and govt at the time wanted to showcase modern Norway and its industries via a mural instead, while the ride showcased the past and folklore until the oil rig scene. they wanted a mix of the history and modern. has always been an interesting order of things. I wouldnt expect them to keep the mural in any form, I imagine its going to be entirely done over. Whether that means painted over or covered over with a different backdrop etc, no details yet.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom