Maelstrom Mural

FettFan

See you in your NIGHTMARES!! MUWAHAHAHHAH!!!
Norway+lookalike+crop.jpg

So that's what happened to the Haunted eBay Painting Boy....

worldfanatic

Whatever Disney does with it, it will certainly be available for viewing via computer forever.
On my trip ending Sunday, I rode it 5 times, and on 4 of those there was somebody just past the 2nd fastpass+ checkpoint waving people past as they "documented" the mural with their camera or smartphone.
The cast members didn't seem thrilled, but allowed it.
I'm sure this "documentation" has only increased this week.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They haven't painted over the one on SSE, so maybe there's hope...

Many times they are careful with art, Disneyland started covering up artwork intact moons ago encasing it and then refurbishing leaving it to future imagineers if they ever want to resurrect. Hopefully the case.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They haven't painted over the one on SSE, so maybe there's hope...

Spaceship Earth's theme to the ride was never particularly changed per say... Much less was it changed to resemble a movie.

Maelstrom's theme is totally changing from "the spirit of norway" to completely: "Frozen."

I love most of Epcot's classic murals..

Searise-PRE.jpg

EnergyMural-PRE.jpg

bodywars_mural2002ww.jpg

imagination7-Sue-Berringer-1024x671.jpg

Last edited:

Bairstow

Hopefully they salvage it some how, but knowing Disney it will probably be painted over sadly.

Most likely, since there's not a good way to remove it and it will likely be the back wall of the first show scene.

I would bet money, however, on there being all kinds of easter egg references to the old ride built in into Frozen's queue.
That's one of the few quirks of the current WDI team that I can count on and appreciate.

Figments Friend

Alas, i am quite sure this will be yet another beautiful EPCOT mural that will be destroyed.
As it is painted directly onto the wall, i cannot see it being salvaged in any way physically.
Not really seeing it as qualifying for a major investment to salvage it for the Archives, as it is not a piece i think they would consider important enough historically to save.
I could be wrong of course, but that is the impression i get.

Some truly wonderful pieces of museum quality art have been lost over the years in just EPCOT alone.
The marvelous original Journey Into Imagination wall mural, the original scenic ceiling mural that used to grace The Lands inner domed area, and the simple but elegant modern mural from The Living Seas Pavilion are three examples the immediately come to mind.
Of course, the spectacular mural that once graced the exit to Horizons is another one...but thankfully that one was removable and was indeed archived.

Thankfully there are still a few left, mostly tile pattern murals ( UoE, The Land ) and SSEs wonderful original entrance painting.
It would be nice to see some new artistic murals be re-introduced into new Attraction areas in the future.

Cmdr_Crimson

Alas, i am quite sure this will be yet another beautiful EPCOT mural that will be destroyed.
As it is painted directly onto the wall, i cannot see it being salvaged in any way physically.
Not really seeing it as qualifying for a major investment to salvage it for the Archives, as it is not a piece i think they would consider important enough historically to save.
I could be wrong of course, but that is the impression i get.

Some truly wonderful pieces of museum quality art have been lost over the years in just EPCOT alone.
The marvelous original Journey Into Imagination wall mural, the original scenic ceiling mural that used to grace The Lands inner domed area, and the simple but elegant modern mural from The Living Seas Pavilion are three examples the immediately come to mind.
Of course, the spectacular mural that once graced the exit to Horizons is another one...but thankfully that one was removable and was indeed archived.

Thankfully there are still a few left, mostly tile pattern murals ( UoE, The Land ) and SSEs wonderful original entrance painting.
It would be nice to see some new artistic murals be re-introduced into new Attraction areas in the future.

Let's not also forgot about the awesome mural that was in Horizons...
hmural.jpg

Figments Friend

Let's not also forgot about the awesome mural that was in Horizons...
hmural.jpg

I had mentioned it ....as how could one possibly ever forget *The Prologue And The Promise*!

Thankfully the artist, or the Pavilion designers, had the foresight to insure this particular mural was painted on a giant canvas and not directly on the interior wall.
This is why it survives today ...stored away....as it was able to be removed and saved from the fate the rest of the Horizons Pavilion endured.

I have often thought that it would nice to see this mural back at EPCOT on display somewhere...perhaps up in one of the old Communicore buildings.
One of the nice things about EPCOT was that is was part art museum, and had such works of art up on display.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom