Lumberjacks end 11/24

Ksearcy

While I never had any interest in the lumberjacks and was always a big fan of Off Kilter, I am somewhat surprised at the reaction in the forum. I take an afternoon walk through Epcot and World Showcase at least two afternoons per week, and the lumberjacks consistently drew large, enthusiastic crowds. Often, the crowds were large enough to create congestion in the area. Despite being a fan, I rarely saw crowds that large for Off Kilter. Though I won't miss the lumberjacks, I have to admit that the lumberjacks obviously appealed to many Epcot guests.

FettFan

You mean to tell me that the Canadian Lumberjack Show was doomed to failure from its inception?

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

0dcaee10-e233-11e4-b2b5-21f03bb56267_willy-wonka-gene-wilder.jpg

note2001

While I never had any interest in the lumberjacks and was always a big fan of Off Kilter, I am somewhat surprised at the reaction in the forum. I take an afternoon walk through Epcot and World Showcase at least two afternoons per week, and the lumberjacks consistently drew large, enthusiastic crowds. Often, the crowds were large enough to create congestion in the area. Despite being a fan, I rarely saw crowds that large for Off Kilter. Though I won't miss the lumberjacks, I have to admit that the lumberjacks obviously appealed to many Epcot guests.

I think you're mistaking folks enjoying entertainment with those hoping for entertainment. Everything about the stage said "Entertainment happens here! Watch me!". Everything about the act said "Why? Oh, why?" Luckily the act has been forever immortalized many times over on youtube. We can continue face palming our way through the years to come if so desired.

Jon81uk

I think you're mistaking folks enjoying entertainment with those hoping for entertainment. Everything about the stage said "Entertainment happens here! Watch me!". Everything about the act said "Why? Oh, why?" Luckily the act has been forever immortalized many times over on youtube. We can continue face palming our way through the years to come if so desired.

Then why didn't the previous poster observe crowds for Off Kilter, surely there would still have been people hoping for entertainment?

Personally, I am likely to keep walking after thinking "meh, it's a band" for most of the musical acts. But I would stop and see what is happening for lumberjacks or stop even longer for the Circus Acrobats in China.

note2001

Then why didn't the previous poster observe crowds for Off Kilter, surely there would still have been people hoping for entertainment?

Personally, I am likely to keep walking after thinking "meh, it's a band" for most of the musical acts. But I would stop and see what is happening for lumberjacks or stop even longer for the Circus Acrobats in China.

I'm not an Off Kilter fan by any means, for my own reasons, I could not stand and listen to a bagpipe (just as bad as a chainsaw.) But, OK did have a return fan base, something the Lumberjacks did not have as they just weren't worth the time spent the first time around to many folk. The biggest issue I saw with the LJs was the sounds of the chainsaws. I know two families with autistic kids and sounds such as loud machinery will set both kids out of control. One family worked with it by knowing what could happen and investing in some noise cancelling headphones. They were expensive but worked. He would not remove the headphones the whole trip. The other family has not been to Disney since the LJs came along. Was Disney willing to buy loaners to give out for such a case? Nope.

orlando210

I have it on good word that the show to replace the lumberjacks has been contracted. Apparently the original body and bones of EPCOT Center have decomposed at such a rate that they have become a viable fossil fuel. The show will be accompanied by a character signing the song Killing Me Softly.

Huzzah! most funny in sad way on the viable fossil fuel. Maybe we'll see it in Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Loved Off Kilter. Tried to like the Jacks. Miss the Adventurers Club. Hope they bring back the original Rio del Tiempo.

Victor Kelly

Our local Ren Fair is getting a bit stale as well. Same performers, same acts for the last 7 years. You can only go so many times and not want to go anymore.

Kman101

The lumberjacks weren't popular in the scope of return visits. We've already been told they weren't even meant to really be there. Crowds don't equal popular. It's something to watch and see while there and it can catch someone's eye to stop and watch. And? I'd guess guest feedback wasn't that good at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom