Lumberjacks end 11/24

Kman101

I also think many of these acts that were replaced were seen as untouchable like, say the Dapper Dans. They expected that entertainment every time. For EPCOT, I think they can find a balance between performers that stick around and acts that come and go.

TeriofTerror

Tinfoil Time: Maybe it was supposed to fail all along. In a "you never want to be the guy who replaces 'The Guy'" kind of way, perhaps Disney put in something they knew would fail, just to make whatever they intend to end up with look better by comparison.
Or maybe GRRM needs to hurry up and release TWOW so that I'm not spending all of my time on crackpot theories. ;)

worldfanatic

Never saw the lumberjack show, and can't say I was really all that excited about seeing it.
Although I would happily have experienced it rather than Off Kilter.
My God they were boring!
Looking forward to something fresh!

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Tinfoil Time: Maybe it was supposed to fail all along. In a "you never want to be the guy who replaces 'The Guy'" kind of way, perhaps Disney put in something they knew would fail, just to make whatever they intend to end up with look better by comparison.
Or maybe GRRM needs to hurry up and release TWOW so that I'm not spending all of my time on crackpot theories. ;)

No no no..... It really was just an accident that the lumberjacks made it to Epcot. The guy that found them said he had no intention of actually bringing them into the company.

And I know the powers that be in California received people's thoughts on the new show shortly after it started.

wannabeBelle

No no no..... It really was just an accident that the lumberjacks made it to Epcot. The guy that found them said he had no intention of actually bringing them into the company.

And I know the powers that be in California received people's thoughts on the new show shortly after it started.
Would I have loved to be a fly on the wall for that meeting!!!! Marie

Arthur Wellesley

Would I have loved to be a fly on the wall for that meeting!!!!
I was thinking the exact same thing. Imagine the world's worst job exit interview.

"Sorry we have to let you go, but things are just not working out with your performance feedback."
"I understand. I appreciate you at least giving me the chance."
"Oh, that was a misunderstanding. We hired you by mistake."

Talk about receiving a kick & a punch at the same time. :hilarious::facepalm:

MaryJaneP

If you miss all the noise and exhaust, leaf blower season is currently in bloom. Snow blowers shortly thereafter, and then there is an extended lawn mower season. Just step outside pretty much whenever the sun is shining and you will be serenaded. We also join in the desire to have changes, but when something doesn't work, the change needs to be quicker.

scout68

I have it on good word that the show to replace the lumberjacks has been contracted.

The plan is to truck in 1/2 an acre of tar sand 3 times a day and show the refining process.

The refining process will be fueled by the recently discovered crude oil field on site.

Apparently the original body and bones of EPCOT Center have decomposed at such a rate that they have become a viable fossil fuel.

The show will be accompanied by a new and exciting globe shaped foam head character signing the song Killing Me Softly.

Respectfully,
Your Newest Insider.

Last edited:

note2001

I was thinking the exact same thing. Imagine the world's worst job exit interview.

"Sorry we have to let you go, but things are just not working out with your performance feedback."
"I understand. I appreciate you at least giving me the chance."
"Oh, that was a misunderstanding. We hired you by mistake."

Talk about receiving a kick & a punch at the same time. :hilarious::facepalm:

I think part of the reason it took so long for Disney to drop the contract with the Lumberjacks was that on their end they had to do everything they could to ensure the group's success. The log rolling pool isn't that old.

Tigger1988

I think part of the reason it took so long for Disney to drop the contract with the Lumberjacks was that on their end they had to do everything they could to ensure the group's success. The log rolling pool isn't that old.
Pretty sure it was a year contract.

wannabeBelle

Actually this year is going to be an interesting blend of Off Kilter and Mulch Sweat & Shears. I know Billy Varnes, Jason Thomas and Mark McDowell of Off Kilter and Paul Smith, Matt Bloodwell and Landon Perkins from Mulch will be working with the Voyageurs. I have heard some rumors of others from both bands but cant confirm that as of yet. Marie
CC Dixon of Mulch has also confirmed he will be with the Voyageurs this year. Marie

Mealtrip

I still think removing the stage completely and setting up a permanent counter-service cheddar cheese soup, pretzel, and Moosehead building (similar to Yorkshire County Fish Shop) is a better way to go. Add in a few wood-looking tables and log-shaped chairs and you'll have an area that holds the same number of guests (averaged over a period of time) than any performance based show ever could. Performances cost money, cheddar cheese soup and beer make money. Cirque du Soleil is Canadian... toss in a face painted juggler in tights and an accordion player on stilts and call it a day.

The above paragraph was written with an equal amounts of satire and fear that it might actually give someone an idea... and become a reality.

raymusiccity

I don't think Disney contracted with them, expecting them to fail. Otherwise, they wouldn't have kept tweaking the stage and adding the water tank for the addition of log rolling to their 'act'. It really appealed to kids walking by, but, they're not the ones buying tickets and covering their ears!

NMBC1993

Speaking of entertainment replacements....has there been any updates on the Harajuku girls?

It seems like they were making progress with hosting auditions, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom