Lost at Disney

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Based on the size of the main lost and found, I can only assume tons of people lose something at the parks. Have you ever lost something (someone?)

1. What was it
2. Where did you lose it
3. Were you able to get it back?

I'm sure some of you have had some pretty interesting stories!

-I lost a camera case in Animal Kingdom outside the Tuskar House. No luck at Lost and Found.

-Sunglasses on Test Track. Again, Lost and Found didn't have them.

-Lost my family at MK during the Electrical Parade. Yes, I ran to Peter Pan to give away some extra physical FP tickets to a lucky family that had to endure that line and after my good deed, I was on my way back to POTC where I was supposed to meet the family BUT...the parade was in full swing and they weren't letting people cross over...bottom line: I couldn't find my family when I finally made it over to the meeting place. I was in such a panic. No cellphone. I sat down to stop from hyperventilating and as I look around, I see my family casually walking towards me with Dole Whips in their hands. :mad::arghh:

drizgirl

I've lost several items and had them returned (2 through lost and found and 2 via the staff at the ride). I was very impressed.

correcaminos

Over the course of many year we have lost a lot of things. Cell phones, hats, canes, clothing, bags, and the like. I can think of only one item that wasn't returned to us - my little tote I bought when I was 5. Left it on a ride (speedway) and never saw it again :(

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We lost our (brand new) camcorder on our very first trip to WDW. Left it sitting on a curb in the hub, along with all the movies we'd taken during the trip, and by the time we realized the bag was missing, it was gone. Thankfully, my wife had left a little card inside the bag that included our name and contact info. We called lost and found several times with no luck, and had pretty much given up hope.

Then, the day before we were set to leave, a Cast Member called me directly and said she had found our bag and camcorder. She was working a shift at CRT, and offered to give it to me if I could get to the castle. Unfortunately, we didn't have park hoppers that day and had already been in AK, so I couldn't get into MK without buying another ticket. I went to the front gate at MK and explained the situation, and they ended up sending another CM up to the castle to retrieve our bag.

Unfortunately, I think the CM who found our bag likely got into some trouble, as per standard protocol, they should have just turned it into lost and found immediately. If they had done so, we likely would've gotten it back sooner than we did. In the end, no harm done and we got our stuff back, but it was a stressful experience.

Jahona

I left my hat on the Matterhorn at Disneyland. Waited for the car to come back around and it was still in the seat pocket.

A friend of mine lost a Star Wars DVD set, he just bought a little bit before, on the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. We realized it right after we got off but the ride vehicle had already moved from the loading platform. By the time it got back no one found them in the front pocket. The managing CM on duty gave him a voucher for another copy which he promptly returned to the hotel with.

Another friend lost his sunglasses on Splash Mountain at WDW, that he bought at Disney. He was given a new pair by guest services.

danyoung56

After a night of fine martinis, I left my Tables in Wonderland card at the Rose & Crown in Epcot. The next day, after a couple of phone calls, I found out that they had already sent my card to the main Lost & Found building out front of the Magic Kingdom. A quick stop there and I had my card back - well done!

mf1972

i left my backpack on a return bus from DTD (not DS yet), & realized it as soon as the bus left. guest services at my resort radioed it in & i got it back about an hour later. great service.
another time, my iphone slipped out of my pocket on test track. got it back the next day at the lost & found. nice to know there's still some good samaritans out there.

Worldlover71

Four different trips:
1. Left a camera case at the bus stop at Fort Wilderness. Went back and it was still there
2. Left sunglasses in the under-seat compartment on Soarin'. Gone forever.
3. Left an umbrella on Buzz. The cast members searched but someone must have taken it (got soaked later in the day!)
4. I went to remove my ears on the first lift hill on Splash but managed to knock them into the water. They might have been able to retrieve them later but they would have been ruined. I went to get a new pair and the the CM gave me one on the house even though I made it clear it was my own fault.
Moral of the story, if you want to keep something, don't give it to me to hold onto.

Weather_Lady

My son left his Goofy hat (his oldest and most-prized WDW souvenir) in the pouch on Seven Dwarves Mine Train in the Magic Kingdom. Fortunately, he remembered it before more then 30 minutes had passed. We went back to the Mine Train and spoke to the CM at the podium out front, and she radioed back to the CMs in the loading area to check for it as each new car came in. A CM found it within 5 minutes and we were permitted to walk back through the queue to retrieve it from him. Customer service at its finest!

JIMINYCR

I lost a favorite green Tigger hat that I had bought in the 90s and always wore it to WDW. Lost it on Space Mtn. I thought I had it secured in my hands but it took off and blew out of the ride car. I notified L&F but it was never returned to me. I had my name written in the brim of the hat and I thought surely it would be mailed to me but its never come home and Ive never seen another one like it for sale since.

Disney4family

I guess you can say we lost my dad once or he lost us. Years ago my husband and I were dropping off the strollers before taking the kids on Pooh. We left the kids with my parents. When we came back, only my mom was standing with the kids. I thought my dad stayed with her. She thought he went with us.
Signs were there, but my mom didn't fill us in on how bad my dad was getting with getting confused, etc. (He passed away a few years ago from Alzheimer's).
We had planned on hopping over to DHS after Pooh to see the Stars & Motor Cars Parade. My mom was very calm. She told us not to worry. She went to speak with a CM or security. I believe she ended up at City Hall. They told her that they only look for lost children. She explained my dad's condition and they helped her. Turns out my dad knew he lost us and retraced his steps before we went back for Pooh. They found him waiting on a path near the front of the castle.
My husband and I took the kids to DHS for the parade not knowing what was happening. Just as the parade was beginning, my parents walked through the front gate. They didn't miss experiencing it with their grandkids.
As stressful as that was, as well as other little experiences, it's remembering these trips that get me choked up when I think about my dad. I know it's strange, but it's at WDW that it really hits me that he's not here anymore. He was so proud to have a grandson. Nobody could touch my son's stroller except my dad. Only my dad could push him around WDW. I'm so glad my parents & my kids have these memories, too. I know you guys get that.
So if you see someone standing on the monorail platform at the MK with a tear in her eye next month - it's me - just remembering all that this magical place gives us.

Simba's Mom

This is a very sore point with me. Last year we lost a bag with about $40 worth of souvenirs in it. We walked away from a F&W festival booth and accidentally left it, so it started as our fault. Then, about 3-5 minutes after we left, we realized our mistake and ran back to the booth. People nearby said "Oh, we just saw a CM [they identified the shirt] take it". Then we looked and saw some CMs behind the booth walking away. We went to the booth, and all the CMs denied taking the bag. We were told to come back the next day in case anyone came across it. We did, but no luck. The CM who was in charge of the booth came out and said no one took it, we must be mistaken about it ever being there. Other people we talked with later said we should have asked for the items to be replaced, but we just left, but unfortunately, we won't forget.

Lora Baines Bradley

I had one of the Pascal Tag-a-Longs. For those who don't know what they are, here's a pic:
IMG_2577.jpg

Anyway, I had the Pascal one as part of my Rapunzel Disneybound. I went to the restroom by Space Mountain and took it off and placed it on the toilet paper holder. Walked out, forgot it, and maybe 2 minutes later realized I left it. Came back and it was gone. Although, later they were at the Disney Outlet for 1/2 price so I made sure to grab one, and a Jimny Cricket one too.:)

Bronson55

Over the years we have lost two cellphones and a pair of glasses. All items were returned by Disney with I'm sure the help of some very nice guests. Another time I left my backpack filled with photographic gear on the back of a chair in Restaurantosaurus but didn't miss it for about three hours. Ran all the way back from the other side of the park and it was still there hanging where I left it. We also found many items over the years and always feel good when we safely get it into Disney's hands.
A little off topic but one time we were in the POFQ pool when we saw two thugs grab someones camcorder from under a deck chair. They took off towards the main lobby but were nabbed. The doors were blocked. Orange County police took them away. They weren't resort guests. It turned out well. It was great to see so many people get involved. I don't think the perps expected that.

BasiltheBatLord

I had my hat fly off on Space Mountain at DL cause I was an idiot and thought it would be fine. Told guest services about it, they said if they found it they'd ship it to me. Never saw it again.

BigRedDad

My DD left her pin trading purse-thingy on Dinosaur. She realized it about 5 minutes after getting off. The Photopass place searched for our vehicle found the number, and had a CM check right as it got back after us. No pin bag. The people on it did not take it because the CM asked them directly. The CM went to all the other CMs to see if they had picked it up. No luck. Of course, the name tag we had on it turned out to be gone from it as well.

DD was visibly upset because it was her first time being responsible for it. I told her not to worry. Another CM gave DD her entire pin lanyard. I told them it was not necessary, but they insisted. At the end of the day, we go to L&F at the front because that is where everything is taken before going to the TTC. Still no luck. The next day after leaving MK, we stop at L&F. We gave a description, some of the pins we knew were in it, the gentleman went back, got it, and brought it to us. He told DD to go to the little store at the TTC and pick out 2 new pins. He called over while we walked over, she picked out 2 pins, and the CM said Mickey knew she needed them.

Another instance was at Pop Century. DD left behind her Figaro stuffed animal. It was the last thing her grandpa bought for her (through me) when he was diagnosed with cancer. She left it behind on the bed. They called me 2 days later asking if we left something behind. I told them what it was, the meaning behind it. It arrived the next morning by 10AM with a hand written note from Minnie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom