Lost at Disney

KBLovedDisney

Can't say I ever lost something at Disney (knock on wood), but I remember being a kid, if I ever was separated from my mom in a department store, I would immediately freak-out. Never at Disney. I would be glad to be lost at Disney. :cat:

Jedi Stitch

My brother gave me a hat with his ship on it, USS Marvin Shields. I lost it on Splash Mountain. Went to lost and found filled out the claim form if found. since it was easily identifiable. They mail it back to me about a week later.
I too had a bag of merchandise go missing. We had left it on the counter at the tomorrow land terrace DLR. Once we noticed we grabbed our food, but not the bag I went up to the counter. The CM's said they didn't see it, maybe someone else took it. We went to city hall to fill out a lost & found slip. I even had my copy of the receipt of everything that was in the bag. They made a copy of it, and put it with the form. Since it was about $250 bucks of stuff, we filled out another form it also had some earrings in it. We got a package from DLR, about 3 months later with all the stuff and a sincere apology from Disney. I wish I kept the letter, but it basically said that a CM had a habit of picking up forgotten items and not turning into lost & found.

GVentola

At Typhoon Lagoon, I chose to wear my sandals in the lazy river, and one of them got sucked up. I couldn't drive home with only one shoe, so I ended up buying some water shoes at a gift shop. No one ever found my sandal. No one ever found a bunch of Real Ghostbusters comic books I bought at Universal Studios and left behind in the ladies room, either.

I've turned in many things to Lost and Found. I just hope that the people who lost them made sure to check there for them, instead of assuming they were lost forever. Someone left a camera on a water fountain outside an Epcot restroom. I wasn't sure if they accidentally left it there, or put it there while they used the facilities. I turned it in. I figure, better someone honest like I am take it and give it to Guest Relations than someone swipe it for themselves. That was a number of years ago. Nowadays, I hope they're smarter about doing things like that. A package, bag, or camera left behind could be mistaken for a bomb.

becca_

I was 7 years old and we stayed at POFQ before going on a Disney cruise. I had this little stuffed pig animal thingy and I carried it absolutely everywhere - somehow it didn't get taken with us on the cruise and it was left behind in the sheets in the bed. Never was able to find it.

In 2016 my grandma and I were in MK and her hat that had all of the characters signatures on it was velcro-ed around her waist bag, somehow it got undone and it fell off. Never found that one either - so my last trip with my mom/sister, we bought her a new hat and got some signatures on it for her :)

I have 2 Instances... One still hurts to this day...

2008, My wife, Myself and our 15month old daughter ( first trip for her) enjoyed some fantastic "KODAK" moments during our trip that I captured on our state of the art 10 MP digital camera ( seems so loooong ago:)) like an EMPTY...Yes EMPTY main street (early breakfast ressies at Crystal Palace) a Picture on Main street with castle in Background with NOONE else in the photo, her laying on tracks of street with empty background, Character interactions , priceless "magical" moments, not to mention her 1st Birthday party pictures were on the SD card inside the camera........that ended up coming out of my front shirt pocket and briefly hung in mid air for me to see before it disappeared into the dark empty depths of Space Mountain as we hit the second drop sequence. I could actually hear it banging off the tracks below as it tumbled... I am a dead man......is all I could think about as I came off the ride and had to tell the wife I lost the camera that she told me not to take on the ride..:banghead: I went to city hall and filled out form and came back every day for 2 days..Hoping..praying.... NOTHING!!!!!:(:arghh: I left info with Lost and Found and still thin everyday I will get a package in the mail .... I was hoping the big refurb of SPace Mountain in 09? 2011?? It would be found at the bottome as the ride was cleaned up.... Nothing..... At least give me the SD card inside with all the pictures at least...... I still have nightmares every now and then .. I wake up in a cold sweat as I feel the camera floating out of my pocket and hanging in space for a brief moment before it disappears into the darkness FOREVER!!!!:in pain:

2nd instance, 2015 MY wife , Oldest Daughter , Youngest Daughter and myself were in the Frozen sing along theatre when it was way in the back by streets of America. WE just finished watching the show and had made our way all the way to SUnset Z( by Starring Rolls and Fountain area when my wife realized she lost her wallet out of her purse ( her bag fell over during show, she picked it up not knowing wallet fell under seat) I sprinted all the way back to theatre ( Im a Fat guy, Sprinting is new to me) I ran the whole way back just as the final rows were being loaded for next show after ours. Without hesitation I was on my knees without notifying anyone and crawled up and down the rows of the ones I was in . NOTHING!!! I couldnt believe it. I was freaking out now. I then headed out after notifying a cast member of what had happened. I met the family back at the front of the park, we then decided to walk all the way back to to the Frozen theatre to see if anyone had located it. As the show that was currently going on a nice cast member told us that the wallett had been located and they brought it to us immediately. WHEW!!!:facepalm: Apparently as soon as we exited someone found it and handed it to a cast member as they were leaving our show... That CM then went on break and was not there when I "sprinted " back to locate it.

The wife no longer gives me crap about the lost camera......;)

Beacon Joe

I lost a watch. Fortunately, my son happened to notice a family finding one on the ground and saying something about turning it in. He didn't realize it was mine, until he put two and two together after I noticed mine was gone some time later. He spotted them later in the day, I asked the about it, they told me where they turned it in, and I went and retrieved it from a cast member.

DfromATX

I lost my son and it was the scariest few minutes of my life. I stepped out to watch a parade and my husband was supposed to be watching him with the rest of our bunch in a store. I went back into the store and my little boy (who was only 4 at the time) was no where to be seen. We frantically searched around and just a few minutes later, there he was on a man's shoulders! As strange as that sounds, the man put him up there so he could find us easier. I was so thankful!

My step daughter lost her phone on Expedition Everest. She had it out at the end of the ride taking a selfie (of course) and the ride bumped and it flew out of her hands and under the tracks! We had to wait until the park closed, but she got it back totally unscratched!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Another instance was at Pop Century. DD left behind her Figaro stuffed animal. It was the last thing her grandpa bought for her (through me) when he was diagnosed with cancer. She left it behind on the bed. They called me 2 days later asking if we left something behind. I told them what it was, the meaning behind it. It arrived the next morning by 10AM with a hand written note from Minnie.

Is it dusty in here? My eyes are watering...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Lost a pair of sunglasses on the monorail (or at least I assume it was the monorail). We had been using a cinch bag all week and we decided to go to EPCOT one of our last nights and ditch the cinch bag (to get through security faster and have less to worry about holding while in the park). As such, I had several things in my pockets. Can only assume that it slid out of my pockets while we were on the monorail as when we got to the entrance of the park and I reached in my pocket for my sunglasses, they were gone. They were pretty inexpensive, so I didn't bother to report it to lost and found (besides that, they were pretty "average" looking black sunglasses which I assume they pick up dozens of each and every day and I'm not sure I could have picked mine out from the many collected).

aw14

Only lost something twice
1. a resort cup flew out on Space Mountain
2. My prized NY Yankees hat on my 40th birthday trip on Splash Mountain, yep on the big drop :(

Phonedave

My daughter once left a set of ears at Chefs du France

We picked them up the next day at the main lost and found

I thought that was pretty impressive.

Cosmic Commando

Somebody stole my Disney magic right out of our stroller at DL! My daughter was around 3, and she had a non-Disney doll that she carried around everywhere. Somehow, somewhere in New Orleans Square, it got left in one of the shops while she was wandering around. We trudged back through Fantasmic crowds to look in the stores... no dice. We reported it to lost & found at the front of the park, and that was our Disney magic! They gave us a little slip that let us pick out a small stuffed animal to replace her doll! We weren't expecting anything like that, so it was very exciting! Then, her replacement stuffie disappeared from the stroller while it was parked in the animation building in DCA. We didn't really leave it there unattended on purpose; it just kinda happened. I'm 99.9% sure someone took it, whether it was nefarious or maybe a kid sort of accidentally did it. Needless to say, it was more o_O and less pixie dust at lost & found when we reported another thing missing after they gave us something for free a few days before. :hilarious:

We ended up buying one online, having it shipped to our house while we were still on vacation, and pretended that it was the same one she lost.

John park hopper

1977 my then new wife and I rode Space Mountain she lost her keys at some point on the ride. With all her screaming we would have never heard the keys fall. Lucky I had another set to the car and house as we never did get them back. They are probably still at the bottom of Space Mountaian or "Lost in Space" to this day, no matter the Volkswagon is long gone and we moved several times since. Just curious does any one know what Disney does with unclaimed things or how long do they hold them?

Last edited:

Ali Mouse

Ah man...now that I think about it I have lost many things over the years at Disney...but luckily because of kind people we got them all back!

But here is the most memorable...
1. What was it...
My 6 year old son!
2. Where did you lose it...
Magic Kingdom during the"3 o'clock" parade! We had stopped to get a drink and we said lets get a drink and apparently he did not here us and kept walking... right thru the parade and crossed over to the other side of the street. I noticed pretty quickly but with the chaos of the parade we could not see him anywhere. I was climbing onto trash cans and benches trying to get an overview of the area! We told cast members and they were very helpful. I crossed thru the parade thinking maybe he got trapped on the other side and there he was talking to a cast member. It was the scariest 3 minutes of my life! He had our phone number on a wristband and we always told him to not talk to strangers but if he needed help or got lost he needed to find a Disney Cast member...and that is what he did!...he actually listened!!!!
3. Were you able to get it back?Yes!!!!
So all in all it was horrifying at the time but here is the part that when we look back we get a laugh about it...
When I finally found him...yes it felt like an eternity...My heart was racing and I was in shock! The CM..who was a kind little old man...decides to give him a button!!! With the word CELEBRATE on it! In retrospect yes we should celebrate because we found our child but at that moment nothing in me wanted to celebrate!!! We still have that button and out of all the buttons we have it brings back the biggest memory of all!

righttrack

My kids lost a bunch of things. All recovered. They are really good about getting stuff to lost and found on the same day. Lost something 3 hours before closing and it was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom