Look,, if WDW is this crowded.. the OPEN A FIFTH PARK...

thepirateking

There is another option. Build a 3rd domestic resort.

Why is it always assumed that there can only be 2 domestic resorts in the U.S.? For 16 years, there was only Disneyland. For the last 50 years, we've had Disneyland and Disney World. Crowds at both resorts are now making the experience worse/miserable. There's nothing magical about California or Florida. A Disney resort in a less extreme climate would do just fine.

Imagine if they stopped building movie theaters in 1971...

Fordlover

I suppose that is possible, but I am convinced that the price could be raised to 500 per person per day, and Disney gate attendants get to punch every visitor in the gut upon entry, and the parks would still be packed with people. This is the result of having a product that tons of people want no matter how bad the actual experience is while partaking in said product.
mostly, yes.

but at some point, at some number, even the Disney park diehards and addicts have to say enough is enough and stick with the .25 slots. The $5 slot machines are just too rich for their blood.

Last edited:

celluloid

When Bob Iger took over he claimed no fifth park in his vision because the focus would be expanding offerings for current parks in Florida. Clearly that did not happen because capacity decreased. Not having the attraction reliability issues and shuttered venues would be a huge help in capacity.

fryoj

"build a park in a year"

hoo boy The line for the swingsets and slide are going to be rough, because that about the only park you could build from nothing in a year.

Uni is actively building a park and it's not going to be done for 3 more years. You probably couldn't get the plans and approvals done in a year if you started right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some have trouble accepting the facts ( ie quarterly numbers ) and resort to attempted humor.
the quarterlies are never the debate. Those parks -particularly Wdw - have always been cash cows. It’s about their management and trajectory/strategy…which is debatable.

You give license to what has been awful strategic planning and you won’t realize it until you’re standing in the middle of suck trying to tell your thought processing center otherwise.

I bet you believe they’re “making” tons of money off the stream too? Which of course is not true as well.

Have a good day staring at your black rock/vanguard portals 😎

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
we are all complaining about the disney Greedy and Bob Cheapskate.. and ol' Bob says.. hey if you are gonna come then you are gonna pay for it.. Well if you want to relieve OVER CROWDING. OPEN ANOTHER PARK.. if you start today.. it can be open in a year.. IF YOU WANT TO DO IT.. Epcot was built in just over a year.. Magic Kingdom, in a year.. in the past.. it was we can't build it, its a recession.. we couldn't build it last year. it was covid.. well guess what.. no recession and covid has cut way back, and you have more money then GOD...and they are bringing more in ..in dump trucks each and every day.. BUILD ANOTHER PARK.. No excuse now..
Err… EPCOT Center took 3 years. MK a little over 3 years.

Lilofan

the quarterlies are never the debate. Those parks -particularly Wdw - have always been cash cows. It’s about their management and trajectory/strategy…which is debatable.

You give license to what has been awful strategic planning and you won’t realize it until you’re standing in the middle of suck trying to tell your thought processing center otherwise.

I bet you believe they’re “making” tons of money off the stream too? Which of course is not true as well.

Have a good day staring at your black rock/vanguard portals 😎
Yes WDW parks have always been cash cows, but it is ironic that some think the sky is falling in regards to the parks and resorts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes WDW parks have always been cash cows, but it is ironic that some think the sky is falling in regards to the parks and resorts.
I do not. I think they’re horribly managed (the Bob’s) and have eroded a lot of their “recession proofing”…

Which is only a big issue if trillions of dollars of capital injection fails to artificially stabilize the stock markets when it’s tried again.

What could go wrong? 🤓

Heppenheimer

There is another option. Build a 3rd domestic resort.

Why is it always assumed that there can only be 2 domestic resorts in the U.S.? For 16 years, there was only Disneyland. For the last 50 years, we've had Disneyland and Disney World. Crowds at both resorts are now making the experience worse/miserable. There's nothing magical about California or Florida. A Disney resort in a less extreme climate would do just fine.

Imagine if they stopped building movie theaters in 1971...
I previously wished that Disney would have dusted-off their old idea of opening a ski resort. But now the more I think about, the less confidence I have in this company to pull off such a concept. It would be an overly expensive, overly crowded experience for inferior skiing. Plus, I think most of their executives have spent too much time in warm weather to understand the appeal. I'll just continue to imagine that Mont Tremblant in Quebec as the kind of place Disney formerly would have operated:

tremblantjpg-1ce91a80a5dd4c6a.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I previously wished that Disney would have dusted-off their old idea of opening a ski resort. But now the more I think about, the less confidence I have in this company to pull off such a concept. It would be an overly expensive, overly crowded experience for inferior skiing. Plus, I think most of their executives have spent too much time in warm weather to understand the appeal. I'll just continue to imagine that Mont Tremblant in Quebec as the kind of place Disney formerly would have operated:

View attachment 632430
…that’s where my favorite athlete ever (and all his hall of fame type buddies) hang out

Married5Times

but I am convinced that the price could be raised to 500 per person per day, and Disney gate attendants get to punch every visitor in the gut upon entry, and the parks would still be packed with people.
the punch to the gut is just making a point, right?........meaning you don't truly believe that people would still fill the parks, correct?

And $500?? I'd bet Disney would lose 90 to 95% of park guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom