Little Mermaid on Broadway goes dark in less than a week.

raven

Not to sure about that....generally London theater tickets are about half the price of Broadway tickets...even with the low dollar exchange rate. Friend of mine bought Jersey Boy tickets for its opening month for 40 pounds (orchestra).

Mary Poppins and Billy Elliot were $200 each for us last summer.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have empathy toward both sides for trying to protect their families--my problem is how poorly this strike is being handled. Broadway will be in trouble if this continues much longer.

Maybe its time for Broadway (in the form that we know it) to go the way of the buggy whip industry.

Desperad07

talks will resume between local one and the producers on Saturday. This could all be cleared up by Monday.

Fantastic. Yet my tickets are for Saturday, my wife's birthday. And i can't do anything about it really until i know for sure the show is cancelled. Then i have to spend my Saturday trying to find something else to do for her. Last minute. After which, I won't be able to get tickets to see the Little Mermaid anytime soon.

Not that I would want to after being inconvenienced like this.

ToTBellHop

Fantastic. Yet my tickets are for Saturday, my wife's birthday. And i can't do anything about it really until i know for sure the show is cancelled. Then i have to spend my Saturday trying to find something else to do for her. Last minute. After which, I won't be able to get tickets to see the Little Mermaid anytime soon.

Not that I would want to after being inconvenienced like this.
shows are officially cancelled thru Saturday evening according to both ticketmaster and telecharge. The earliest hope for reopening is Sunday, but Monday is more realistic.

artvandelay

Both sides are returning to the table Saturday at 10 am. Rumor has it that both sides were asked to resume negotiations by..........

The Walt Disney Corporation.

Also, Local 1 and the LATP have issued a joint statement saying they'll no longer be talking to the press. Things might have gone smoother if the LATP had done this from day one.

Here's the link

www.livebroadway.com

artvandelay

Out of pure curiosity and by no means trolling, do they have a malpractice type insurance that they must pay? If so, then the salary may make a little more sense to me. If not, meh.

Neither side really gets alot of sympathy from me.

Each individual hand does not have to carry their own liability policy. Each theatre company has there own policy, and as an employee you're covered.

When we work as independent contractors, we have to pay for own liabilty insurance.

ToTBellHop

Both sides are returning to the table Saturday at 10 am. Rumor has it that both sides were asked to resume negotiations by..........

The Walt Disney Corporation.

Also, Local 1 and the LATP have issued a joint statement saying they'll no longer be talking to the press. Things might have gone smoother if the LATP had done this from day one.

Here's the link

www.livebroadway.com
Disney among others.

ToTBellHop

one of Disney's top PR lawyers will be "sitting in" on the discussions Saturday. This will be cleared up quickly and soundly.

"Okay everyone...put on your damn mouse ears and let's do this thing--if we can still have our Sunday shows, everyone gets a free 5-day Magic Your Way Pass with both the Park Hopper and Water Parks and More Options."

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/184NTV2CE_c&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/184NTV2CE_c&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Monty, thanks for that. Very funny and well done.
I liked it.

I also have a T-shirt that says "Enjoying a two-day weekend? Thank a Union member!"

I am a Union officer at work and spend a lot of time explaining to members how much of a fight it is at every negotiating table to maintain the benefits they take for granted... The Employer would dump most of them if it weren't for the Union standing fast.

Montyboy

Not to pick sides in a Union strike I have little familiarity with, but as an Economist from Detroit, all I can say is if your a union member in ant industry, entertainment or others, dont take the power of a strike to far. The UAW (auto workers) membership numbered 1.5 million in 1957..now, thier numbers are in the area of $550,000. Union membership had benefits, one of them has never been long term job security.

You have an extra dollar sign in there. Force of habit?

I was in a union once. It was like flushing money down a toilet, but at least the union rep was always dressed in a great suit when he came to visit.

In Pennsylvania, it seems like the teachers go on strike each year. At least GM can close a factory... you can't just close a school. And they call themselves professionals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom