Lion King to appear at Disneyland Paris

AndyP

Original Poster
I've never visited this resort myself but i thought I's let all you DLP fans know the news I've just heard, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

The Lion King Show is soon to appear at DLP. This is official as i just saw the advert on television here in the UK. The images they put in the advert were that of The Festival of the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom, so seems like it will be an exact copy or pretty much anyway. No idea what park this show will be in, Disney Studios Paris of MK Paris.No idea on opeing time either but I'll keep an eye out for future adverst or you fans might want to check the official website, I'm pretty sure info will be there!

Grumpy56

Great this means I will catch it on my trip to DLP the first week of July. I will be able to compare it with the show at AK.

Kin

it won't be a copy of the AK show, far form that!

The show storyline will be that African Villagers will retell the story of the Lion King to Simba, the hsow will feature live songs, new SFX with Water and Fire, many dancers and puppets.
The show starts on june 25th for APholders, and the 26th for press. The show officially open on July 1st.

DieHardDisney

I'm not very good with gauging sizes so do you guys consider the Hyperion Theater a smaller venue than the AK's version's stage? That is what I assumed? :confused:

AndyP

Original Poster
If its different it seems they havent made the trailers there, just used pics from AK (I'm pretty sure of that). The start shows DIsney characters pretending to be monkeys and stuff, Mickey has climbed up to the top of the castle! Seen it a few times now, its all part of the 'Need Magic?' DLP campaign here in the UK. The actually sponsored a channel for a few days to kcik the campaign off!

stagestar

Lion King Show

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

the show opening officially July 1st, AP previews June 25th, press premiere June 26th, general guest previews June 27th til 30th is called THE LEGEND OF THE LION KING.

It is supposed to tell the complete story of the movie in 25 minutes in song and dance on a stage featuring quiet a few special effects.

The show is supposed to show how African villagers retell the story of the movie to Simba himself - retelling the story of a king to entertain a king and show the people's love and gratitude was a custom in France in the past.

For a first preview text (barely any photos) take a look here: http://www.dlp.info/ShowsAndParades/DL/Shows/LegendOfLionKing_Preview.htm

Regarding the tv-ad: barely anybody gets this straight away, but right now fans on the discussion board with the help of some inside sources have figured out, that the characters climbing the castle walls and lamp posts on Main Street U.S.A. is supposed to show how they try to get away from the streets because the the lion (king) is coming into the park.

About the size of the Videopolis: it is normal stage theater as far as the stage is concerned even so it got some heavy remodelling for the show. But it is hard to guess the number of seats as it has a lwoer section with bench seating (in total smaller than the Festival of the Lion King Arena) but behind that several levels of seating with tables for the guests of the fast food counter service restaurant Hyperion (burgers, fries, ...). From up their the view is not very impressive though. In total I think it should have roughly the same capacity.

Yours
Dirk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom