Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The audience interested in this flume attraction and the audience that will go see Mufasa likely don’t have that much crossover. Though it would be very much on brand for the Robert Allen Iger Company to misinterpret the results and assume there’s a direct correlation.
They did it for SWGE where it was entirely based off the less popular Sequel Trilogy.

doctornick

"visible from within the parks" implies at that point they are already going vertical on attractions. So, that would mean site clearing and general construction would have to start in the next few months.

I think that is potentially being too literal in your interpretation. My guess is that the "visible from within the parks" is more about having obvious construction walls than specifically seeing a new building

Andrew25

What's the soonest we've seen an attraction closure announcement to actual closure at a Disney park? I know Universal likes to announce at the last minute like they did with Jaws a month prior, but Disney likes to cash in with "going away" merch for a few months at the very least.

I'd imagine October 1 is a safe bet for any actual construction/demolition to start, but we could see closures sometime before/after Labor Day?

Brer Oswald

They did it for SWGE where it was entirely based off the less popular Sequel Trilogy.
That is true. I believe there was a plan for DAK that had a Lion King attraction based on the live action, of which this rumour seems to partially resurect at least the plot of land and the ride system. However, since Paris' attraction is based on the original 1994 film, it is safe to assume they will be duplicating the animatronic figures for the DAK ride if it ends up getting the go ahead. So if we get anything at all, it will be based on the original.

erasure fan1

I've been wondering how many on here really think they are going to announce all of these rumors at D23 and start building it all soon in every park

... if it's a 10yr plan, we can almost be guaranteed it won't all happen or in the way the present it
I'm in a spot where I just count on, none of it actually happns. Then when all we get is a Mufasa statue on the safari, my expectations have been exceeded.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how anyone can trust what they say. Even if they go forward, how many years will it take and how much will be stripped out of the original announcement.

andre85

I'm confused as to why Paris's attraction wouldn't fit? From a quick glance at Google Maps, it looks like there's plenty of room to expand if they relocate a few back of house things (possibly including the waterway)?

imagineer97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm confused as to why Paris's attraction wouldn't fit? From a quick glance at Google Maps, it looks like there's plenty of room to expand if they relocate a few back of house things (possibly including the waterway)?
Probably more like "wouldn't fit" the budget. Who knows how much will be left when all this other stuff happens first.

ToTBellHop

Sorry...what is this 1984 miniseries? Some of us are still young. All I see from Disney is

Is DHS getting Soarin' Over the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade?!?!

doctornick

Sorry...what is this 1984 miniseries? Some of us are still young. All I see from Disney is

Don't know if you are being serious, but it was a reference to the (non-Disney) mini-series North and South. Which actually came out in 1995 FWIW.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry..please forgive my ignorance..what exactly does blue sky phrase mean? Thank you very much!

Spitballing, white boarding, speculate, envision, dream up, conceive, brainstorm, cook up

blue-sky adj.
1. Not limited by conventional notions of what is practical or feasible; imaginative or visionary: "Proponents of blue-sky thinking often cite the Wright brothers as validation" (David Colman).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

You found the same list I did. 😂 I think the miniseries in question was North and South? 1985, 1986 and 199-something is was I found for that.

At first, I thought - "1984 miniseries? We're getting a 'V' attraction?!?!" :D

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Don't know if you are being serious, but it was a reference to the (non-Disney) mini-series North and South. Which actually came out in 1995 FWIW.

"The 1985 first installment, North and South, remains the seventh-highest rated miniseries in TV history." I have some very, very vague recollection of it being on TV and being must-see TV at the time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"The 1985 first installment, North and South, remains the seventh-highest rated miniseries in TV history." I have some very, very vague recollection of it being on TV and being must-see TV at the time.
North and South clearly points to an Arendelle *and* a Coco land in DHS.

Can't have enough!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom