Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

FigmentFan82

It is kinda crazy that The Lion King never has gotten its own ride despite being a phenomenon that was even bigger than Frozen in the 90s. I think it's safe to say the property has stood the test of time.
How long did they wait to give Mickey his own attraction? (Philharmagic doesn't count because its a Donald attraction)

In the Parks
No
How long did they wait to give Mickey his own attraction? (Philharmagic doesn't count because its a Donald attraction)
Well, they HAD one...
1713364545950.png

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Keep in mind the giant list of things to come is on a ten-year plan.

The money spigot is opening, but there ain't a giant barrel of cash... yet.
I've been wondering how many on here really think they are going to announce all of these rumors at D23 and start building it all soon in every park

... if it's a 10yr plan, we can almost be guaranteed it won't all happen or in the way the present it

mattpeto

If it's based on the animated original, then I don't think they care about the results of a live action sequel.

If this is based on the original, I don't see why they would see a need to wait.

I think Lion King is too much of classic (movies, merch, broadway etc.) that a bad box office and streaming number for Mufasa to do it any harm.

I get what you're all saying and I don't disagree, but it's still the same IP.

There could be a ton of buzz from a successful film. If it's well received, we will get more Lion King content - live action and probably animation stuff. If it's just meh, it won't have the same buzz.

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
I was told they want "big" construction on 2 sites visible from within the parks by early-ish next year.
You can sort of make out the Cake Shop at Boardwalk from Epcot, but not so much the Corn Dog stand.

Fingers crossed, considering the massive scale of both these projects, they are both done before the end of the decade.

In the Parks
No
I get what you're all saying and I don't disagree, but it's still the same IP.

There could be a ton of buzz from a successful film. If it's well received, we will get more Lion King content - live action and probably animation stuff. If it's just meh, it won't have the same buzz.
I see what you mean. Especially if there is a competition between this and (another) Avatar boat ride.

Andrew25

I've been wondering how many on here really think they are going to announce all of these rumors at D23 and start building it all soon in every park

... if it's a 10yr plan, we can almost be guaranteed it won't all happen or in the way the present it

To me, Disney is serious now and would like to start as soon as possible. I'm not expecting them to announce a full 10-year lineup of attractions, DAK and MK projects alone will be enough. BUT, I do think Disney is capable of revealing a few surprises.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
To me, Disney is serious now and would like to start as soon as possible. I'm not expecting them to announce a full 10-year lineup of attractions, DAK and MK projects alone will be enough. BUT, I do think Disney is capable of revealing a few surprises.
I’m hopeful but still in a I’ll believe it when I see it mindset. I’ve been around long enough to see how some of this works

Just a shame they didn’t start construction years ago so anything large will probably be 5 years away

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Considering the notoriously excessive construction times that has become commonplace for Disney, they sort of have to operate on extended timeline for announcements.

Big_Shakalaka

Close. AK is imminent (once the project site plan is finally approved). MK BBTM close behind. Moana in AL is the wildcard, time-wise.

I was told they want "big" construction on 2 sites visible from within the parks by early-ish next year.
"visible from within the parks" implies at that point they are already going vertical on attractions. So, that would mean site clearing and general construction would have to start in the next few months.

Will Dinosaur still be open mid-June? I'd love to get in one final ride.

Brer Oswald

I see what you mean. Especially if there is a competition between this and (another) Avatar boat ride.
The audience interested in this flume attraction and the audience that will go see Mufasa likely don’t have that much crossover. Though it would be very much on brand for the Robert Allen Iger Company to misinterpret the results and assume there’s a direct correlation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom