Likelihood of Leavesden getting a WWOHP???

cookiee_munster

Original Poster
I wasn't quite sure where to put this, as there isn't a discussion for non disney/universal parks outside of the US.

It's something i've been wondering about for a very long time now.

What with the success of the Studio Tour and the many additions its recieved during its opening, what is the likelihood it'll ever receive some kind of expansion like IOA's Wizarding World?

I'd love to be able to experience Forbidden Journey, or Escape from Gringotts. Unfortunately like many Brits, I just don't have the funds to be able to experience these attractions in the US. I think its a bit of a shame that even though the whole world is based in the UK, there's nothing really here except for the studio tour, which really is incredibly insightful (i loved it)

I just wish it had the immersive worlds that Universal have with Hogsmeade/Hogwarts and Diagon Alley.

Thoughts???

lazyboy97o

The reason the studio tour requires reservations is to control the amount of traffic in the area. Even if Universal was interested in doing some sort of mini-park at the studio, the locals would never allow it to happen.

Zero chance. If it's not owned and operated by Universal, you won't see it.
The newest Wizarding World of Harry Potter is neither owned nor operated by Universal.

StageFrenzy

The reason the studio tour requires reservations is to control the amount of traffic in the area. Even if Universal was interested in doing some sort of mini-park at the studio, the locals would never allow it to happen.

The newest Wizarding World of Harry Potter is neither owned nor operated by Universal.
Where is the newest Wizarding world of HP?

Tony Perkis

NBCUniversal is paid a licensing fee for the use of its properties and entities in their Universal branded park.

The point is there is no Universal branded property at Leavesden.

lazyboy97o

NBCUniversal is paid a licensing fee for the use of its properties and entities in their Universal branded park.

The point is there is no Universal branded property at Leavesden.
Between Osaka, Singapore, Seoul, Moscow, Dubai and Beijing it seems that Universal is not exactly shying away from deals for new parks. The bigger hindrance to anything more at the studio is the locals who have already capped attendance to the tour.

Tony Perkis

Between Osaka, Singapore, Seoul, Moscow, Dubai and Beijing it seems that Universal is not exactly shying away from deals for new parks. The bigger hindrance to anything more at the studio is the locals who have already capped attendance to the tour.
Isn't the Leavesden exhibit run by Warner Bros?

Tony Perkis

So? The licensing deal for the Wizard World of Harry Potter is with Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
That was actually just a question. I was legitimately curious.

EDIT: either way, the Forbidden Journey/KUKA ride system is currently exclusive to Universal Creative (not the KUKA technology, but the ride system specific to the star attraction). In my personal opinion, I would be shocked to see Universal allow that experience to be built in a non-Universal branded park. Clearly, there's nothing stopping Warner Bros., outside of Rowling's approval, of doing their own thing with the property.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

EDIT: either way, the Forbidden Journey/KUKA ride system is currently exclusive to Universal Creative (not the KUKA technology, but the ride system specific to the star attraction). In my personal opinion, I would be shocked to see Universal allow that experience to be built in a non-Universal branded park. Clearly, there's nothing stopping Warner Bros., outside of Rowling's approval, of doing their own thing with the property.
Warner Bros. would probably have to do anything theme park related with Universal, who has long shown a willingness to engage in partnerships and licensing deals. Adding attractions to the studio tour would be a great way to grow attendance, extend the length of stays and increase guest spending and Universal has a game plan all about getting a cut of something. The biggest hurdle though, as I have said, is that even Warner Bros. and Rowling cannot do their own thing at the site.

StageFrenzy

I believe they do, but it's not the same as Universal's. Its allegedly worse.

Perhaps it's the Flying Cauldron butterscotch soda. I’ve had it and it’s not bad, but it’s not really that similar to the in-park product. If you are interested, stores that sell Reed's and Virgil's products will sometimes have it or be able to acquire some for you.

StageFrenzy

I always understood the Kuka agreement being an Arm is open to anyone ala the Innoventions attraction, put an Arm on a track and it's exclusive to Uni.

StageFrenzy

You're probably right, but how would Forbidden Journey work without a track?
One dome screen instead of four? Obviously it really wouldn’t I was just agreeing/expanding on the exclusivity agreement when it comes to the KUKA arm as I understand it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Warner Bros. would probably have to do anything theme park related with Universal, who has long shown a willingness to engage in partnerships and licensing deals. Adding attractions to the studio tour would be a great way to grow attendance, extend the length of stays and increase guest spending and Universal has a game plan all about getting a cut of something. The biggest hurdle though, as I have said, is that even Warner Bros. and Rowling cannot do their own thing at the site.

It's a shame too as Time Warner tried really hard during their ownership with the Six Flags parks to use their IP's As much as they could from an HBO Commisary, The multiple versions of The Batman Stunt Shows, Renaming/Retheming attractions to DC Characters, and even having a desperate attempt to make a nightime water/fireworks spectacular based on a Box office flop....
gallery_2_4_123330.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom