Least Favorite In-Park Character?

Edeyore

I may get flamed for this but my worst is Peter Pan. I am sorry, but a twenty something guy trying to act and sound like a 12 or 13 year old just doesn't work. He is really the only one that I have honestly felt a bit creeped out by.

MarkTwain

I don't really dislike seeing any characters, although I'll admit Lilo creeps me out, and I don't get Duffy at all (although I get that many love him).

I also don't get Marie from Aristocats being the big character at the France pavilion. Of all the characters Disney has from France - Cinderella, Belle, the Beast, Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Aurora - they go with Marie? I can't imagine most guests have heard of her. :shrug:

danstadnik

Maybe a bit OT, but the Mayor on Main St. USA and his wife can be REALLY overbearing sometimes. I know that its all part of the "Magic," but sometimes they come up to my family and me and I feel like I'm stuck at a party talking to a guest I have NOTHING in common with...

LilSuzy

I came across an annoying Goofy at Disneyland in '98. I still remember thinking he acted VERY un-Disney like (Disney puts its Cast members through some serious guest service training at least when I worked for them) But ALL the others since then have been FANTASTIC!.

I have to admit, I kept my distance for a bit from Goofy, and now I have the most ADORABLE pics of my son grabbing his nose (at Disneyland in '08) :lol:

Disneydreamer23

I like Duffy and Stitch... they've both been great with my kids. Stitch is usually very "active" (it was the best word I could come up with)... he's always doing something funny with guests.

I don't know if I have a least favorite... Lotso was really big and the villian of the movie, so my daughter was afraid of him (can't really blame her).

i agree I was wearing just engaged pins and stitch was licking my ring and wouldnt stop it was soo cute

HouCuseChickie

Back in my teens and early 20s (i.e. a million years ago:lol:) I encountered several Goofys that were WAY TOO FRIENDLY. I've since gotten over my Goofy fear, but Mad Hatter creeps me out at any age. Not a fan of Lotso or Terk either.

Stitch on the other hand- got nothin but LOVE for the little alien :D

Sketch105

I absolutely love posts like this. As if the guy in the Duffy suit is running around picking people's pockets. Every single thing that gets sold at Walt Disney World is purchased by someone who chooses to fork over their hard earned cash. Demonizing Disney like they're doing something wrong is ridiculous.

It's true that we all kind of demonize/nit pick Duffy for something that us, the consumers, actually fork over money for anyway. I think the real reason we all hate Duffy is for the fact that he doesn't come from a movie, a story or even a short. He's just there to capitalize on the Build-A-Bear craze that has been sweeping merchandise lately. Let's face it- The Disney company is there to make money, we all know this and accept it. But this is the most shallow of attempts to do so, while characters like Oswald and others who have at least shorts and video games based off them are sitting on the shelf, collecting dust.

ANYWAY, my least favorite in-park character is Lotso. I never got to see him, but I just think I don't think I could ever hug a character that nearly tried to incinerate the entire Toy Story gang.

WDW_Emily

Lilo! I think it's something with how her face looks, it's just creepy. and I feel like she doesn't really do much when you meet her.

Stitch on the other hand I have no problem with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom