Least Favorite In-Park Character?

bgraham34

I know I can't stand to see Stitch but Tree Lady at Animal Kingdom actually creeps me out. I like her from the distance but when she gets close Im freaked.:eek:

NewfieFan

I like Duffy and Stitch... they've both been great with my kids. Stitch is usually very "active" (it was the best word I could come up with)... he's always doing something funny with guests.

I don't know if I have a least favorite... Lotso was really big and the villian of the movie, so my daughter was afraid of him (can't really blame her).

Pinnocchio. My kids had their picture taken with him last year. My then 6 year old son is walking away from him and says to me Pinnocchio is a creepo. Hey I couldn't argue with the kid.:lol:

OK....don't shoot....who is Duffy?? :)

He's this kinda demented looking teddy bear that has Mickey heads on his feet for his paw pads. He was supposedly given to Mickey by Minnie before he went on a cruise around the world so Mickey would always have a friend. So Disney put him in Epcot, made a teddy from him, and made all different country outfits for him. He's HUGELY popular in Japan, and so they are now shoving him down our throats.
Can't say he's my favorite, but he's kinda cute. Still would never buy a Duffy doll though. Or go and greet him.

Style

Original Poster
Thanks for the info on Duffy, I had never heard of him either! I'll keep my out for him when I go back on 20 days.

charmmy

He's this kinda demented looking teddy bear that has Mickey heads on his feet for his paw pads. He was supposedly given to Mickey by Minnie before he went on a cruise around the world so Mickey would always have a friend. So Disney put him in Epcot, made a teddy from him, and made all different country outfits for him. He's HUGELY popular in Japan, and so they are now shoving him down our throats.
Can't say he's my favorite, but he's kinda cute. Still would never buy a Duffy doll though. Or go and greet him.

Not to nit pick, but the teddy existed before. He was originally Disney Bear, and was brought out in the US around 2002, failed by 2004, they shipped him to Japan and were successful, re-branded as Duffy with the story in 2006, became immensely popular with shows, holiday releases, costumes and merch, which ended up bringing Duffy stateside again. They just started doing M&G's with Duffy late 2010 because it became popular here. Duffy is so popular that the old Disney bears go for $500-$2000 on ebay now.

wizards8507

Duffy the Dollar Bill Slayer.

I absolutely love posts like this. As if the guy in the Duffy suit is running around picking people's pockets. Every single thing that gets sold at Walt Disney World is purchased by someone who chooses to fork over their hard earned cash. Demonizing Disney like they're doing something wrong is ridiculous.

Not to nit pick, but the teddy existed before. He was originally Disney Bear, and was brought out in the US around 2002, failed by 2004, they shipped him to Japan and were successful, re-branded as Duffy with the story in 2006, became immensely popular with shows, holiday releases, costumes and merch, which ended up bringing Duffy stateside again. They just started doing M&G's with Duffy late 2010 because it became popular here. Duffy is so popular that the old Disney bears go for $500-$2000 on ebay now.

Yeah, I remember now. I saw the bear in stores and never though much of it.

Epcotdad

I know this is off topic a little, but I do remember seeing characters rooming around the park when i was a kid. Why dont they do that anymore?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom