Least favorite Disney movie?

Soarin' Over Pgh

For me, it would have to be Home on the Range. This movie basically made the studio realize CGI was the new way to go now with Animation hence that statement Katzenberg made "2d animation is dead". Although The Black Cauldron is also a worthy choice here. See how these films I stated here were soooo bad they nearly cost the animation studios to go out of business and dramatically change the way they make their movies only to be saved by worthy/creative leaders.

I've STILL never seen this movie. Or Chicken Little. Maybe I should look for a copy when I get home.

Can I amend my answer to include a Disney/Pixar? Because "UP"... saw it once, cried the whole way through it (with two minor exceptions- Doug being the saving grace) and refuse to ever watch it again. Visually, it was fantastic. The imagery was spot on gorgeous, but again- the storyline of love lost and death of one's lifelong love... I can't handle it.

I think I'm too sensitive. Maybe that's it.

Weather_Lady

Lilo and Stitch. I'm not sure that it's so much poorly done as it is centered around a character (Stitch) that I find so obnoxious and annoying as to be unwatchable. It's too bad, because I think Lilo is fun: she deserved better.

Animaniac93-98

I'm honestly shocked at some of the titles mentioned here. Clearly none of you have seen very many Disney movies if Lilo and Stitch, Wall-E or Aladdin (!) are named over Home on the Range, Chicken Little, or any number of crappy (or boring) live action or DTV productions that have brought down the value of the Disney name.

Yes Black Hole is a dissapointment, but that at least had ambition, whereas most 70s Disney movies were just awful. I'm also surprised to see Hercules named over duller features like Robin Hood or Fox and the Hound, but I guess everyone has different tastes.

thomas998

Pretty much every Disney movie from the 1970's that was done with live actors... Snow Ball Express, Superdad, Barefoot Executive, Black Hole to name but a few... For me that decade was a huge waste of celluloid.

Californian Elitist

I'm honestly shocked at some of the titles mentioned here. Clearly none of you have seen very many Disney movies if Lilo and Stitch, Wall-E or Aladdin (!) are named over Home on the Range, Chicken Little, or any number of crappy (or boring) live action or DTV productions that have brought down the value of the Disney name.

Yes Black Hole is a dissapointment, but that at least had ambition, whereas most 70s Disney movies were just awful. I'm also surprised to see Hercules named over duller features like Robin Hood or Fox and the Hound, but I guess everyone has different tastes.

When I saw Aladdin mentioned here (more than once!), it broke my heart. Aladdin is a classic and it's truly one of my favorite Disney films. I almost broke my computer when someone mentioned Lion King.

bethymouse

sorry, but Brave
just cannot deal with another spoiled child
disobeyed her family and cursed her mother
she got everything she wanted in the end
what type of lessons is this movie teaching?
A love/bond between a mother/daughter.;)
The freedoms that women have to not be "tied down" to a prince and to be "her own woman".;)
I guess it's a "female" thing.:)

bubbles1812

I hate The Lion King. Something about Simba being told he'll be king when his dad dies, then he goes prancing about singing about how he "just can't wait to be king" annoys me to no end. Um...kid...did you miss the part that your dad has to DIE before you're king?! Maybe not the celebratory event you're singing about (which he later finds out).

Whew. Glad I got THAT off my chest. :rolleyes:
Lol. This is the exact reason my dad hates The Lion King. He also thinks the message of the film is that rich kids will always get bailed out. I can see his point in a way. Lion King def isn't my favorite. I never reach for it first and haven't watched it in a long while but I don't hate it.

bethymouse

How can a movie be bad if Christopher Walken is in it?
I guess it wasn't that "bad", but it was just so strange. Haily Joel Osment played "Beary". My son named his little stuffed animal dog after him.:D

Chrononymous

I forgot to add Brother Bear to my list of "meh" movies. I thought it should have ended differently. And it annoyed me.

But for some reason I do kinda like the Country Bears... certainly better than I like the attraction.
It's just so strange and forced. The music is fun though.

ttalovebug

I'm shocked too. WALL-E is a true work of art. And Lilo and Stitch is a beautifully animated, funny, original film with great music and characters. I think people put it down now because of the overexposure of the titular character-yes, it's annoying, but the first film is still fantastic. IMO, anyway.

But, Pocahontas and Hunchback are two of my absolute favorites, so I never agree with anyone on this stuff. :rolleyes:

Mickey_777

I assume we're talking Disney animated films? I can't get into Snow White or Aladdin. I know I know...

and even though Wall E is Disney Pixar, I'm surprised at everyone naming that film. I recently saw it again and paid attention this time. The film is pure genious.

216bruce

Really surprised by the dislike by some of Dumbo and Bambi. Yup, both have sad parts but they both end happily and are amazing examples of character animation made by masters of the art. If you weren't sad, then they didn't do their job. The mid-70's stuff, while having some decent character moments is generally pretty bland (i.e. I never felt sad, happy or anything for the characters), so Robin Hood and Aristocats, even though I like 'Cats music are pretty so-so. At least Home on the Range, Chicken Little, etc. that a lot of folks mentioned have some chuckles and 'Home' has a GREAT soundtrack. If I had to pick one- Robin Hood.

I'm a little surprised at peoples choices, but hey, thats what opinions are for I suppose.

I have a whole list of what I consider awful to not-so-good movies.

Robin Hood, Black Cauldron, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Atlantis (wanted to love it, but I don't), Dinosaur (beautiful yet completely boring), Aristocats, Home on the Range (strange not so Disney-esque character designs).

imagineer boy

I think BY FAR the worst is Inspector Gadget. Totallly pointless and unfunny movie, didn't need to be made, terrible acting, should not have been made by Disney, terrible CGI, makes no attempt to be faithful to the tv show, and it bored me to tears even as a kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom