Latest Fantasyland aerials (March 14 2011)

BriEcho3194

Toontown...now Dirttown with a couple of Circus tents and a roller coaster lol but looks like great progress! Wall's are going up around BATB building which means they are working inside now! YAY! So excited! :) I just noticed that they are keeping the tents that are still standing....other wise wouldn't they be gone?

jmick71

Toontown...now Dirttown with a couple of Circus tents and a roller coaster lol but looks like great progress! Wall's are going up around BATB building which means they are working inside now! YAY! So excited! :) I just noticed that they are keeping the tents that are still standing....other wise wouldn't they be gone?

thought the same thing i guess the old tents are staying :shrug:

if you look at the artist renderings for the area it shows 2 tents in the same area, so they'll probably get a fresh coat of paint or something and be reused...

jmick71

if you look at the artist renderings for the area it shows 2 tents in the same area, so they'll probably get a fresh coat of paint or something and be reused...

yah we know but there were some roomers floating around that they were going to rebuild them because they were structurally unsound( being that they were only supposed to be temporary with mickey's bday land:p but they are still standing LOL)

If they are keeping the old tents, retheming Goofy's Barnstormer and simply moving one Dumbo and installing another (both of which are simply suped up carnival rides), are they really giving us something better than we had, or just something different? I still think "the new Toontown" is a budget cutting answer to building the entirely new Pixie Hollow. In a year or two everyone will be saying how cheap and temporary this area looks, same as with Toontown.

DaGoof00

They wasted no time kicking out Mickey and Minnie! To Town Square Theater with you! Great pictures...would be nice to see some hints of the mine train soon...:brick:

Goofnut1980

My question is, when looking at these pics and we are in the middle of march, when do you think they will actually start building the Mine Coaster? :shrug: Won't that project take a while?

We know Circusland can't take but 9 - 10 months to complete.. its just rides no new buildings... But with FLE they have the other buildings done.. just looks like they need to be finished... the coaster needs completely built.. Or do you think they will do a "BTM" / "Splash? style of mountain with rebar and cement stone?

jmick71

If they are keeping the old tents, retheming Goofy's Barnstormer and simply moving one Dumbo and installing another (both of which are simply suped up carnival rides), are they really giving us something better than we had, or just something different? I still think "the new Toontown" is a budget cutting answer to building the entirely new Pixie Hollow. In a year or two everyone will be saying how cheap and temporary this area looks, same as with Toontown.
if they don't add to the plans this could tun into chester ad hester or even worse :cry:
this plot of land has great potential but sadly it seems as if the land will never reach its full potential:cry:
TENTS HAVE GOT TO GO FOR GOOD!
it will be an ok mini-land but not the best

lazyboy97o

It is not really budget "cutting" if the funds have been reallocated to the added attraction.

jt04

It is not really budget "cutting" if the funds have been reallocated to the added attraction.

Disagree. The budget for this area (circusville) was cut. Simple as that.

Just some observations and opinions...

If the tents are staying and they are visible from other parts of FL then they seriously need a new theme with a more medieval look IMO. I hate that they didn't bulldoze this area and go with a more unifying theme with the rest of the FLE. But no sense in whining about that anymore. It is a done deal it appears.

And finally.....

the speedway must go and the sooner the better. It is pathetic 'show' and it long long past obsolete. And it smells bad too.

Great pictures but the amazing new areas being right next to the speedway is just ridiculous. :dazzle:

Atomicmickey

Thanks for the pics, every time I get a hankerin' for a new one, you guys seem to read my mind and deliver the goods! Really fun to see this all shaping up!

RSoxNo1

I think a Speedway/Autopia type attraction has it's place, but the current incarnation isn't cutting it. Over in Hong Kong for example the different lanes have slightly different tracks. If there's a way to utilize the space so that it can accomodate the Speedway and additional attractions I'd like to see that as well.

The last thing is something I've been saying for a while - when it's back up to full capacity, it needs Fastpass.

IWant2GoNow

A huge thanks as always to Scott and Steve! :sohappy:

Couple of observations...

Belle's Village looks so cramped. The transition between the Village and TLM is going to be fairly sudden, huh?

Can't believe how quickly the BOGR has taken shape, gonna have to be one heck of a force perspective for that castle.

I would be amazed if we didn't see some sort of prep work for the SDMC when the summer months come around. Or am I just having wishful thinking and optimism?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom