Landmarks.

LIMA TIME

We all come from different places and get to Disney World in different ways. We always drive to DW and our trips usually takes about two days. It is about 8-9 hours, but since we have a little one we break it up into two days and take our time. So the drive is all excitement from the time we leave our driveway, but the excitement level gets ramped up, for me, when I pass the Chaddy Shack store on I-95 right before we turn on to I-4. That is when I know we are really close. It is such an arbitrary thing, but that and giant LPGA overpass in Daytona lest me know I am super close.

I want to know what landmark sets off the "Oh Man, we are sooooooo close" and lets you know that you are just a short time away and all the planning and packing and waiting will be worth it. (aside from driving under the giant Disney sign when you get on property) I'm interested to see what people think.

Zman-ks

For me it's when we hit the Florida turnpike. Another one is seeing that first Disney billboard. Tough those usually start about the time you enter Florida, so it's not quite the same.
75.gif

Same here...when you see the Disney billboard I start to really get excited. :)

Upvote 0

SMS55

For me it's when I hear people actually speaking English:D. I'm from Miami, LOL. For me the I really get worked up after we pay the toll at Three Lakes. It's mm 236 and the road signs say "Disney World next three exits." That's when I get really worked up and know that we are almost there. The first sign though is the rest stop at Ft Pierce along the Turnpike. There is a little booth with a Mickey on it and they give out all sorts of brochures.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

. We see the Pedro signs going down 95 and then pass South of the Border. (You never sausage a place!)
. Spotting that first palm tree.
. The Florida Welcome Center...that little cup of cold orange juice and browsing thru all the Disney brochures and maps. At that point it's usually when we can put the windows down a little and enjoy the sunshine...

Upvote 0

luv

My sister's would be the WESH tower. She loves WESH, more's the pity.

Mine are state lines. I'm a big one for loving to cross those. Also, highways...getting on 95, getting on I-4. Anything I can see while driving, since I always have to be the one driving (and M, if you ever read this, you really should drive a few miles once in a freaking while! Lazy, no good, poopie head sister.)

One state has a smilie face...I think it's one of the Carolinas.

But I know a lot of the ones you all are mentioning and am really enjoying this!

Upvote 0

LIMA TIME

Original Poster
My sister's would be the WESH tower. She loves WESH, more's the pity.

Mine are state lines. I'm a big one for loving to cross those. Also, highways...getting on 95, getting on I-4. Anything I can see while driving, since I always have to be the one driving (and M, if you ever read this, you really should drive a few miles once in a freaking while! Lazy, no good, poppie head sister.)

One state has a smilie face...I think it's one of the Carolinas.

But I know a lot of the ones you all are mentioning and am really enjoying this!

South Carolina has the smilie face.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom