Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

willtravel

I like the idea of a Italian restaurant but sad it is not a non Disney run establishment. Guess this will give Mulino's at Swan resort a little competition.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

@WDW1974 posted that WDI is working on a replacement. Will be a Disney run establishment, I believe he said it would be an Italian restaurant, but I could be mistaken.

I'm figuring this may have something to do with the fact that the Boardwalk Pizza window is located in the restaurants space but I wonder: Isn't there enough Italian restaurants on property?

Boardwalk Pizza Window (BWR)
Il Mulino Trattoria (Swan)
Mama Melrose's (DHS)
Mangino's (SoG)
Pinocchio Village Haus (MK)
Pizzafari (DAK)
Pizza Planet (DHS)
Portobello Country Trattoria (DTD)
Tony's Town Square (MK)
Tutto Gusto (Epcot)
Tutto Italia (Epcot)
Via Napoli (Epcot)

And this is not counting the other restaurants that can be found at Bonnet Creek and the DTD Hotel Blvd resorts

Next Big Thing

Found the direct quote from his post. He gives a name and everything:

"New restaurant to replace Kouzzina will be called Trattoria Al Forno. Typical pizza and pasta. It will be run by WDW, not a third party. WDI is working on it, so this could take a while."

TeriofTerror

At least now, thanks to the info on the Flying Fish breakfast offerings, we have a rough idea of when this new restaurant will open. Oct. 1 - Dec. 7 gives them a nice amount of time to get Trattoria Al Forno up and running, I would think.

roodlesnouter

Kat Kouzzina is one of the few Disney Restaurants I have't dined in. I will be at Disney from mid September so is it worth a visit before it closes or is it one to give a miss? The fact that is closing would lead me to the later but would be interested in what you guys think.

C.FERNIE

I never really felt the love for the place, it is lacking atmosphere and customers, we have been once to it and i didnt think it was that good, a real let down to be fair! so spend your money at beaches and cream lol

Voice of Disney sanity

Kat Kouzzina is one of the few Disney Restaurants I have't dined in. I will be at Disney from mid September so is it worth a visit before it closes or is it one to give a miss? The fact that is closing would lead me to the later but would be interested in what you guys think.
If you're a fan of mussels or red snapper I would go and order one of those selections. We love this place but its not for the average disney visitor.

oldmousefan

We were there in May for the first time.
Bland, dusty décor.
Mediocre food.
(hair on my plate, yuck!)
Extremely poor service.
Maybe something nice will replace it!

danpam1024

Sad to hear- fantastic option. (although we haven't been to BW in 3 years) Another Italian restaurant- cheap, overpriced noodles and sauce- yay! Disney keeps giving DH reasons to not agree to go back and stay on the "Uni side". Oh well. Closing Babycakes NYC and now this- his 2 favs.

cspencer96

How about relocate Beaches and Cream? I think they could use a bigger space and then put Nathan's Famous in the old Beaches and Cream spot?
Beaches and Cream is where it is because, well, Beach Club. And the beach. And the pool that has a beach inside it. It's a thing. No reason to pick it up and move it across the lagoon where it doesn't fit in.

ToTBellHop

Beaches and Cream is where it is because, well, Beach Club. And the beach. And the pool that has a beach inside it. It's a thing. No reason to pick it up and move it across the lagoon where it doesn't fit in.
Not to mention, Nathan's Famous can stay where it belongs--in strip malls in the Northeast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom