Kong Skull Island rendering

IAmFloridaBorn

The Discovery Center dark ride would probably be a small 3 minute dark ride... a C-ticket to round out the area and bring in some traffic.

I'd want a family suspended coaster similar to the Puss in Boots one being built over at Universal Singapore but with SDMT-level rockwork/theming. Theme the RVs to aquatic dinos, have some waterfalls, etc... a nice addition to round out JP! Agreed it wouldn't be until 2016 at the earliest
I will say this. If the Discovery Dark ride happens, along with this Kong attraction, it would give this area more juice to hold people. Winter time, TOON LAGOON and JP become walk through lands haha.

Mike S

Back from Google.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I could see a ride like this working in Jurassic Park. Definitely would need more theming though.

IAmFloridaBorn

Back from Google.View attachment 60124View attachment 60125 View attachment 60126 View attachment 60127 View attachment 60128 I could see a ride like this working in Jurassic Park. Definitely would need more theming though.
This looks freaking cool. But With what Kong is rumored to be, I can not see this ride working for JP. Especially in what Space? Skull island is taking up the last large space of JP.
Not only that Peterendon Flyers (Or whatever it's called) is simular to this>
Seems like this would be a step down. IMO.

Mike S

This looks freaking cool. But With what Kong is rumored to be, I can not see this ride working for JP. Especially in what Space? Skull island is taking up the last large space of JP.
They could always remove Pteranodon Flyers and replace it with something like this so it's more accessible for adults. Isn't that a problem with the ride?

mahnamahna101

I could see Pteranodon Flyers being closed down and turned into a lengthy family suspended coaster around JP (using the TE plot and the current Pteranodon ride path would allow a nice 4-5 minute family coaster). This would get rid of the slow capacity aspect of PF and finally give JP something to do during fall and winter.

It could be a wooden coaster or something like Big Thunder/SDMT, but that might come across as a knockoff. I wouldn't mind, but again, there's not much room for a sizable coaster unless they ruin the JP and HP skylines by having steel track fly over that whole section.

Add the Discovery Center dark ride and maybe a unique flat to make up for Pteranodon being absorbed for the family coaster to keep the attraction count as high as possible. Equal to New Fantasyland without having to hype anything up.

As for Puss in Boots, keep in mind, they're just building the track currently. I'm imagining it's going to be a step above a kiddie coaster in terms of thrills and theming. I'd wait to see what the finished product looks like before calling it a step down.

IAmFloridaBorn

They could always remove Pteranodon Flyers and replace it with something like this so it's more accessible for adults. Isn't that a problem with the ride?
Yes. Capacity issues. I wouldn't say it's a problem but more of a complaint from many people.
But you are right. What if the Kong creation if just the beggining of a JP land wide ripple effect? If Camp Jurassic, Discovery Center, and the Flyers are all torn down, you could create multiple attractions.

With that Universal can create attractions to distribute crowds evenly. Something with a major draw and or high ride capacity is needed to help with the crowds( although they are not too bad)

IAmFloridaBorn

I could see Pteranodon Flyers being closed down and turned into a lengthy family suspended coaster around JP (using the TE plot and the current Pteranodon ride path would allow a nice 4-5 minute family coaster). This would get rid of the slow capacity aspect of PF and finally give JP something to do during fall and winter.

It could be a wooden coaster or something like Big Thunder/SDMT, but that might come across as a knockoff. I wouldn't mind, but again, there's not much room for a sizable coaster unless they ruin the JP and HP skylines by having steel track fly over that whole section.

Add the Discovery Center dark ride and maybe a unique flat to make up for Pteranodon being absorbed for the family coaster to keep the attraction count as high as possible. Equal to New Fantasyland without having to hype anything up.

As for Puss in Boots, keep in mind, they're just building the track currently. I'm imagining it's going to be a step above a kiddie coaster in terms of thrills and theming. I'd wait to see what the finished product looks like before calling it a step down.
I was referring to the theming s a step down. The Flyers i themed well for JP. Mostly hidden, great forestation.

Mike S

Yes. Capacity issues. I wouldn't say it's a problem but more of a complaint from many people.
But you are right. What if the Kong creation if just the beggining of a JP land wide ripple effect? If Camp Jurassic, Discovery Center, and the Flyers are all torn down, you could create multiple attractions.

With that Universal can create attractions to distribute crowds evenly. Something with a major draw and or high ride capacity is needed to help with the crowds( although they are not too bad)
I wouldn't say tear out the Discovery Center since it's pretty iconic. Maybe redo the whole interior.
I was referring to the theming s a step down. The Flyers i themed well for JP. Mostly hidden, great forestation.
They could still hide a new coaster behind trees. I think it would be better in the long run with a better suspended coaster.

mahnamahna101

Not Camp Jurassic... I could see a flat ride being ADDED to Camp Jurassic, maybe along with AA dinos being scattered throughout. But not replaced. It's definitely a hidden gem of IOA. On par with what Tom Sawyer Island used to be.

But an observatory tower, suspended family coaster/track ride hybrid (winds around Camp Jurassic and uses the TE plot), and a Discovery Center dark ride would be welcome additions to JP. Adds capacity without compromising the island's identity.

JP just need one or two other attractions for adults to do besides JPRA. They also could use something everyone can enjoy when it's raining (happens a lot in Florida during the summer and IOA currently has 5 indoor attractions, only 2 of which are all-ages). No need to outright remove Camp Jurassic though... it looks great and gives the island some atmosphere.

mahnamahna101

I wouldn't say tear out the Discovery Center since it's pretty iconic. Maybe redo the whole interior.
Agreed. Just make the exhibits part of an interactive queue for a new ride inside that takes you through the labs. They could even remove Burger Digs and make Thunder Falls a yearround restaurant if they wanted more space for the ride.

IAmFloridaBorn

Agreed. Just make the exhibits part of an interactive queue for a new ride inside that takes you through the labs. They could even remove Burger Digs and make Thunder Falls a yearround restaurant if they wanted more space for the ride.
Or Remove Thunder Falls and create a Flat ride or Kong.:D
The views in Burger Digs over the lagoon are amazing.

mahnamahna101

Or Remove Thunder Falls and create a Flat ride or Kong.:D
The views in Burger Digs over the lagoon are amazing.
Kong ain't going anywhere :p plus Burger Digs wouldn't have to leave if they used some backstage space by Popeye or part of the TE plot. Make it a 2 level Omnimover and a 3-5 minute dark ride could reasonably fit. Maybe even 7 minutes, but I doubt it. A flat could fit inside Camp Jurassic if Flyers was removed and a brand new suspended coaster was built in its place (queue and beginning/ending of ride in TE plot)

IAmFloridaBorn

Kong ain't going anywhere :p plus Burger Digs wouldn't have to leave if they used some backstage space by Popeye or part of the TE plot. Make it a 2 level Omnimover and a 3-5 minute dark ride could reasonably fit. Maybe even 7 minutes, but I doubt it. A flat could fit inside Camp Jurassic if Flyers was removed and a brand new suspended coaster was built in its place (queue and beginning/ending of ride in TE plot)
Time will tell. I love JP. Kong addition will keep me going to that area of the park.
If they can add two more adult attractions as stated. Would be a blast.

JustInTime

Let me know what you get from this statement. Courtesy Hate To Fly @HTF in a post he shared a little less than a year ago on another forum.
"The entrance themed to ruins with waterfalls bursting out of the façade. It will feature a massive themed “underground” temple queue surround among more ancient ruins. The tandem entertainment guided EMV’s will leave the temple and head out into the wilderness. Outside will feature large AA’s most that we avoid as our guide shows us the way on our journey. We then enter the massive sound stage where we will encounter numerous AA’s, giant insects, projected effects, live fire effects, and a host of other live effects. We will also see one creature utilize Kukas for arms that attack the RV’s. At one point even our driver is captured and were left to fend for ourselves in the wilderness. The final and very large scene involves the big man coming from multiple angles on both sides of the RV. "
Sounds like this could be for JP rather than Kong. JP is so lacking. I wish they would have added the jeep ride rather than kong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom