Kong Skull Island rendering

Mike S

With technology now, each boat could have a different hologram with different scrips reactions. Key word here was Interactive.
lol have you ever been to the talking fountain in front of the Sinbad show? Something like that. Im only saying it's an option if they didnt want to do live actors.
I prefer the live actors but don't know how cost effective they are.
Isn't the talking fountain basically a guy talking in a microphone somewhere? And yes I have seen it, it's pretty funny :)

The Tuna

All I got out of this was giant bugs. I hate giant bugs. Especially Spiders. Heeby Jeebies for me i guess. the ride sounds awesome.

Mike S

So Kong comes to IOA late 2016?
Nope still next year until one of the trusted insiders say otherwise. It's amazing though isn't it? Universal in a way can market this ride twice. Once when it opens because it's brand new then another time when the movie comes out basically saying "did you enjoy the movie? Come experience the ride we opened last year if you haven't already"!!! Obviously an ad wouldn't use those exact words but you get my point. Disney could potentially do the same with Pandora if the Avatar sequels are successful by continually advertising it as the movies come out.

mahnamahna101

Suddenly the Kong E-ticket doesn't seem out of left field (with a Kong reboot planned for November 2016 and likely to be tied into the new Monster Cinematic Universe)....

Kinda sad that they didn't go ahead with JP expansion first

Time JP to open June/July 2015 (around when Jurassic World opens), then open Kong in summer 2016 to hype up Skull Island the following November.

Looking forward to the final product!!

IAmFloridaBorn

Suddenly the Kong E-ticket doesn't seem out of left field (with a Kong reboot planned for November 2016 and likely to be tied into the new Monster Cinematic Universe)....

Kinda sad that they didn't go ahead with JP expansion first

Time JP to open June/July 2015 (around when Jurassic World opens), then open Kong in summer 2016 to hype up Skull Island the following November.

Looking forward to the final product!!
I doubt we see any JP attraction open. They havent done anything in JP.

mahnamahna101

I doubt we see any JP attraction open. They havent done anything in JP.
The new movie next year? The sizable empty plot known as the former Triceratops Encounter? The overlooked dead space known as the Discovery Center? And they just did those carnival games. Plus, JPRA could use a refurb, Pteranodon Flyers could use a revamp/reworking, and Camp Jurassic could use some AA dinos scattered throughout.

I wouldn't say JP will get an attraction... but the new movie makes some sort of addition a possiblity, especially if Jurassic World resonates with audiences.

IAmFloridaBorn

The new movie next year? The sizable empty plot known as the former Triceratops Encounter? The overlooked dead space known as the Discovery Center? And they just did those carnival games. Plus, JPRA could use a refurb, Pteranodon Flyers could use a revamp/reworking, and Camp Jurassic could use some AA dinos scattered throughout.

I wouldn't say JP will get an attraction... but the new movie makes some sort of addition a possiblity, especially if Jurassic World resonates with audiences.
I see your point. But why would Universal build a Kong attraction with no movie and not build a JP attraction with a movie coming out in the summer of 2015 (roughly 1 year from now). I just don't think JP gets anything. Carnival games are not worth of an addition as they can be anywhere in the park.

Whhere is the triceratops encounter in relation to Kongstruction?

mahnamahna101

I see your point. But why would Universal build a Kong attraction with no movie and not build a JP attraction with a movie coming out in the summer of 2015 (roughly 1 year from now). I just don't think JP gets anything. Carnival games are not worth of an addition as they can be anywhere in the park.

Whhere is the triceratops encounter in relation to Kongstruction?
Triceratops Encounter is clear on the other side of JP (by Discovery Center and FJ)... and they probably thought Kong would be an easier sell than JP without a reboot. Kong doesn't need a new film to be attraction-worthy. Whereas JP has been irrelevant for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if Comcast is just waiting to see how Jurassic World turns out/is received before deciding to greenlight a JP expansion. Could even be an island-wide revamp.

But the TE plot is about the size of SDMT for reference. You could even fit something like Transformers with 2 or 3 levels. I'd imagine a family coaster in the TE plot and a mini-dark ride inside Discovery Center wouldn't be too strenuous to add. Could be the icing on the cake known as the KidZone revamp.

I'm not expecting JP yet, but I can't imagine that plot will remain perpetually empty in a park that doesn't have many options for expansion. 2016/2017 would be reasonable and give them enough time to flesh out their plans for JW properly instead of the rumored jr. woodie and flat that was previously planned.

IAmFloridaBorn

Triceratops Encounter is clear on the other side of JP (by Discovery Center and FJ)... and they probably thought Kong would be an easier sell than JP without a reboot. Kong doesn't need a new film to be attraction-worthy. Whereas JP has been irrelevant for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if Comcast is just waiting to see how Jurassic World turns out/is received before deciding to greenlight a JP expansion. Could even be an island-wide revamp.

But the TE plot is about the size of SDMT for reference. You could even fit something like Transformers with 2 or 3 levels. I'd imagine a family coaster in the TE plot and a mini-dark ride inside Discovery Center wouldn't be too strenuous to add. Could be the icing on the cake known as the KidZone revamp.

I'm not expecting JP yet, but I can't imagine that plot will remain perpetually empty in a park that doesn't have many options for expansion. 2016/2017 would be reasonable and give them enough time to flesh out their plans for JW properly instead of the rumored jr. woodie and flat that was previously planned.
Agreed. I just dont see anything happening with JP for at least another year. What comes? Hopefully not a family mine train ride as others are hoping unless it is longer than 2 or 3 minutes long. When I think of family train ride would hope something similar to big thunder mountain or Everest but less sickening. (Although thats doubtful for train roller coasters). Kong will be a nice family attraction for that area.

If they do build a discovery dark ride, hope it is along the scale of Gringotts or Spiderman!

Mike S

Agreed. I just dont see anything happening with JP for at least another year. What comes? Hopefully not a family mine train ride as others are hoping unless it is longer than 2 or 3 minutes long. When I think of family train ride would hope something similar to big thunder mountain or Everest but less sickening. (Although thats doubtful for train roller coasters). Kong will be a nice family attraction for that area.

If they do build a discovery dark ride, hope it is along the scale of Gringotts or Spiderman!
You think Thunder and Everest are sickening? Also if they did do a Discovery Center dark ride I think it would be like what's in the first movie with Mr. DNA (I could be mistaken).

IAmFloridaBorn

You think Thunder and Everest are sickening? Also if they did do a Discovery Center dark ride I think it would be like what's in the first movie with Mr. DNA (I could be mistaken).
I'll have to go back and watch that JP movie.
I can still remember much of KONG because I loved that movie and it was maybe what 7,8,9 years ago.
If you sit towards the back of any coaster , I found the G's are stronger and can make one feel sick quicker.
Plus, the less seats in a row of a train, the more G's felt by the riders riding it.

Mike S

I'll have to go back and watch that JP movie.
I can still remember much of KONG because I loved that movie and it was maybe what 7,8,9 years ago.
If you sit towards the back of any coaster , I found the G's are stronger and can make one feel sick quicker.
Plus, the less seats in a row of a train, the more G's felt by the riders riding it.
That's why the back is the best :)

mahnamahna101

The Discovery Center dark ride would probably be a small 3 minute dark ride... a C-ticket to round out the area and bring in some traffic.

I'd want a family suspended coaster similar to the Puss in Boots one being built over at Universal Singapore but with SDMT-level rockwork/theming. Theme the RVs to aquatic dinos, have some waterfalls, etc... a nice addition to round out JP! Agreed it wouldn't be until 2016 at the earliest

Mike S

The Discovery Center dark ride would probably be a small 3 minute dark ride... a C-ticket to round out the area and bring in some traffic.

I'd want a family suspended coaster similar to the Puss in Boots one being built over at Universal Singapore but with SDMT-level rockwork/theming. Theme the RVs to aquatic dinos, have some waterfalls, etc... a nice addition to round out JP! Agreed it wouldn't be until 2016 at the earliest
What Puss in Boots coaster? :brb: Heading to Google.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom