Kingdom Hearts III -Imagineering A Video Game

mharrington

There will be summons, most of them I've already planned. There's a few old summons, with original and unexpected new ones.

Which ones? Can you include any of my ideas in there? I would especially like to see the Pooh characters as summons.

I kind of have a jungle theme. Jungle Book was intended for the first game, but the creators left it out, due to it's similarity between Deep Jungle. Sort of. It's more forest, than jungle, but it would serve the same purpose. And the creators stated that there had to be a Jungle world in every game.

So will this game's jungle level be Jungle Book?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Which ones? Can you include any of my ideas in there? I would especially like to see the Pooh characters as summons.

So will this game's jungle level be Jungle Book?

Well, for the summons, the Genie is definitely returning, mainly because he's always been a summon and I'll use the Benny the Cab idea, as well. Peter Pan may return (with Tinker Bell), as well. I'll think about the Winnie the Pooh/Tigger summon. I'm still sifting out who the new summons would be. There will be six of them.

The jungle world won't be Jungle Book. I'm not really sure if you could consider it jungle, it's more like wilderness, but not the western type.

mharrington

Well, for the summons, the Genie is definitely returning, mainly because he's always been a summon and I'll use the Benny the Cab idea, as well. Peter Pan may return (with Tinker Bell), as well. I'll think about the Winnie the Pooh/Tigger summon. I'm still sifting out who the new summons would be. There will be six of them.

I don't know if Peter Pan as a summon is a good idea if we're going to go with Neverland over the Pinocchio world. I'm still on the fence on that one. But I will withhold my decision until you put up the rest of the new original worlds.

Based on your comments, we have three summons so far:
  • Genie
  • Benny the Cab
  • Tinker Bell

So that leaves three more summons left to fill. We could use Pooh and Tigger together, like how Peter Pan and Tinker Bell are together in KH2. That would technically be one summon instead of two. If we went that route, we would still have two more left.

Also, I still think we should have an "optional" world with mini-games. That slot was filled by the 100 Acre Wood in the first two games, but which won't appear in this game. Atlantica also co-filled that slot in KH2. So what would be here? One thing I was thinking about was maybe some circus-themed mini-games in a world themed to Dumbo. How about that?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don't know if Peter Pan as a summon is a good idea if we're going to go with Neverland over the Pinocchio world. I'm still on the fence on that one. But I will withhold my decision until you put up the rest of the new original worlds.

Based on your comments, we have three summons so far:
  • Genie
  • Benny the Cab
  • Tinker Bell
So that leaves three more summons left to fill. We could use Pooh and Tigger together, like how Peter Pan and Tinker Bell are together in KH2. That would technically be one summon instead of two. If we went that route, we would still have two more left.

Also, I still think we should have an "optional" world with mini-games. That slot was filled by the 100 Acre Wood in the first two games, but which won't appear in this game. Atlantica also co-filled that slot in KH2. So what would be here? One thing I was thinking about was maybe some circus-themed mini-games in a world themed to Dumbo. How about that?
Well, it's still not official whether the summon will be Peter Pan/Tinker Bell, just Tinker Bell, or either of them at all.

I've already planned an optional world for the game. I really wouldn't want Dumbo to be a world in this game, however.

mharrington

Well, it's still not official whether the summon will be Peter Pan/Tinker Bell, just Tinker Bell, or either of them at all.

I've already planned an optional world for the game. I really wouldn't want Dumbo to be a world in this game, however.

Well, what do you have for the optional world, then?

Also, I thought of something else for the fight against Doom in Toontown. It takes place in the gag warehouse like in the movie. This would be one of those battles you would have to do without Donald and Goofy. They, alongside Roger and Jessica, have been tied to escape-proof Toon rope and put up on the power winch in the path of the dip cannon. Doom turns it on and as you battle him, you must constantly turn the dip cannon off. You have a limited time to do that and if that time runs out, the dip will get to the four captives, they get dipped and you lose. Fortunately, you won't do the battle alone; you have Eddie Valiant to help you.

The battle would happen on two fronts, similar to the battle against Shan-Yu in KH2: one against Doom himself and the other against the Heartless accompanying him (after the defeat of the Toon Patrol earlier). The goal would be to keep the dip cannon turned off while still defeating Doom. Sora should take care of the Heartless and the dip cannon (the Heartless would turn it on and you must turn it off), while Eddie handles Doom. Once the Heartless are gone, then you focus on Doom.

After Doom takes some damage, there would be a cut-scene of him falling down as if dead. But then he comes to after a few seconds and reveals his true Toon identity just like how he did in the movie. Then he summons more and powerful Heartless to resume the dip operations and again you must get rid of them and keep the cannon turned off just like before. This time, though, they and Doom put up more of a fight. Doom particularly has anvils and buzzsaws to wield and he can also fly around the room now on spring-loaded shoes. After you finally defeat him, the cut-scene that follows shows Eddie and Sora turning on another dip cannon and using it eliminate Doom for good, just like in the movie. Then Sora and Eddie save Roger, Jessica, Donald and Goofy, they thank you for saving them and Toontown and as a reward, Roger gives Sora a charm with which to summon Benny the Cab in time of need.

How about that?

mharrington

I usually restrain myself from making two separate posts one after the other, but I need to explain some concern. Have you heard of "KH Birth By Sleep"? If not, check it out here: http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts:_Birth_by_Sleep.

That game that is coming out features some new worlds themed to Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, among others. Do you think we could include a "returning" world for KH3, even though it's technically not part of Sora's series but separated from it? I was thinking of the Snow White world. Sure, that means that only eight worlds left would be original to the game but there should be plenty of room left for it. Here is a shot of the Snow White world to get a feel of it: http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_White%27s_House.

Obviously, "Snow White's House" would not be the official name of the world; it would certainly be renamed. But what do you think of having just one more "returning" world here?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That game that is coming out features some new worlds themed to Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, among others. Do you think we could include a "returning" world for KH3, even though it's technically not part of Sora's series but separated from it? I was thinking of the Snow White world. Sure, that means that only eight worlds left would be original to the game but there should be plenty of room left for it. Here is a shot of the Snow White world to get a feel of it: http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_White's_House.

Obviously, "Snow White's House" would not be the official name of the world; it would certainly be renamed. But what do you think of having just one more "returning" world here?

Yes, I have heard of KH: BBS. It's funny that you mention those worlds.

BBS takes place 10 years before the start of the original game. I don't think it matters that we're using similar worlds, considering the game is yet to be released. Even so, the game is unlikely to be released for quite some time.

I'm taking a swing at this, but I'm guessing during BBS, Snow White's world, Sleeping Beauty's world and Cinderella's world are all consumed by darkness and the appropriate princess had been captured by Maleficent. By the time KH1 starts, Maleficent has captured four princesses (including Belle.) During the time of KH1, the above worlds lie in darkness, until the end, when all the worlds are restored.

If you remember during the opening dream sequence, each of the captured princesses are showcased on a glass platform. To add to the story, their eyes are closed, where as the other character's eyes are open (Ex.Snow White's Platform-Witch's eyes are open. Belle's Platform- Beast's eyes are open.) This could mean that those characters have survived the destruction of their world. Just a fact.

And considering the game hasn't been released yet, none of the worlds would be returning. And this is Sora's first time in these worlds, so it's new to him.

mharrington

And considering the game hasn't been released yet, none of the worlds would be returning. And this is Sora's first time in these worlds, so it's new to him.

So are we not having any KH BBS-only worlds, then?

And also what did you think of my ideas for the battle against Judge Doom in Toontown? And have you thought of any other worlds yet? Because I'm really eager to see some more new things? Can you at least explain where you go next after Radiant Garden (AKA Hollow Bastion)?

I also thought of maybe having a new character in Radiant Garden. That would be Ludwig Von Drake. He is working on inventions for helping out with the citizens of RG. He is working with the Moogles in the resident Moogle shop. And he can help you, too.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So are we not having any KH BBS-only worlds, then?

And also what did you think of my ideas for the battle against Judge Doom in Toontown? And have you thought of any other worlds yet? Because I'm really eager to see some more new things? Can you at least explain where you go next after Radiant Garden (AKA Hollow Bastion)?

I also thought of maybe having a new character in Radiant Garden. That would be Ludwig Von Drake. He is working on inventions for helping out with the citizens of RG. He is working with the Moogles in the resident Moogle shop. And he can help you, too.

No, we are having BBS worlds. I meant that, since the game isn't released yet, we can't really officially coun them as returning worlds.

You're ToonTown ideas are really great! I have all the worlds planned out already, most of them, which you have already figured out. The world after Radiant Garden is yet to be revealed.

Ludwing Von Drake would be an excellent addition to Radiant Garden. He could also partake in a small storyline, where he tries to use his experiments to help restore the town from the Heartless. He could also host some possible experiement mini-game.

mharrington

No, we are having BBS worlds. I meant that, since the game isn't released yet, we can't really officially coun them as returning worlds.

You're ToonTown ideas are really great! I have all the worlds planned out already, most of them, which you have already figured out. The world after Radiant Garden is yet to be revealed.

So we are having a Snow White world in there, right?

And I haven't figured out most of them yet. Can you at least provide a list of all the worlds you have thought of, please?

mharrington

I've thought of something:

If we decide to go with a Pinocchio-themed world instead of Neverland, can we just do maybe Pleasure Island? Maybe have Sora and company try and save Pinocchio from the fate of being a donkey. You would have at least two boss fights here, one against Honest John and Gideon (both simultaneously) and the other against the Coachman.

Will there also be a "worlds revisited" part of the game, too, like there was in KH2? If so, can that maybe go where your proposed "turn of events" part of the game happens?

Oh, yeah, one more very important thing: will there appearances by Organization 13 and the Nobodies, as well as the Heartless?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I've thought of something:

If we decide to go with a Pinocchio-themed world instead of Neverland, can we just do maybe Pleasure Island? Maybe have Sora and company try and save Pinocchio from the fate of being a donkey. You would have at least two boss fights here, one against Honest John and Gideon (both simultaneously) and the other against the Coachman.

Will there also be a "worlds revisited" part of the game, too, like there was in KH2? If so, can that maybe go where your proposed "turn of events" part of the game happens?

Oh, yeah, one more very important thing: will there appearances by Organization 13 and the Nobodies, as well as the Heartless?

Well, if we were to do Pinocchio's world, the first visit would be based around Pleasure Island (including Boss Fights with Honest John/Gideon and The Coachman.) The return visit would hold Stromboli capturing Pinocchio and having Sora and the gang going to the Puppet Theater to rescue him (Boss Fights would probably include some currently unnamed Heartless and Stromboli.)

Yes, there will be world revisits. Some worlds, more than twice. Are you saying to replace the "turn of events" with the world revisits? The turn of events is what causes Sora and the gang to go on their world revisits. The turning point is not going to be some huge alteration, which changes the entire series. But, it will create lots of chaos, destruction and most likely, cause the demise of a few characters. The turning point leads up to the world revisits.

Obviously, the Heartless and the Nobodies will be in the game. Some of the Organization members will be in the game. Though, I feel like the Organization Era in KH passed during Chain of Memories and KHII. Their story had ended with every member's demise at the end of KHII, with the exception of Roxas, who has returned to Sora's heart.

mharrington

Yes, there will be world revisits. Some worlds, more than twice. Are you saying to replace the "turn of events" with the world revisits? The turn of events is what causes Sora and the gang to go on their world revisits. The turning point is not going to be some huge alteration, which changes the entire series. But, it will create lots of chaos, destruction and most likely, cause the demise of a few characters. The turning point leads up to the world revisits.

Well, I was figuring that the "turn of events" deal is what triggers the world revisits.

Also, in certain worlds that reappeared in both "regular" KH games, the Keyblades to gain have gone by different names and designs:

• OLYMPUS COLISEUM: Olympia (KH1), Hero's Crest (KH2)
  • AGRABAH: Three Wishes (KH1), Wishing Lamp (KH2)
  • ATLANTICA: Crabclaw (KH1), Mysterious Abyss (KH2)
  • HALLOWEEN TOWN: Pumpkinhead (KH1), Decisive Pumpkin (KH2)
  • 100 ACRE WOOD: Spellbinder (KH1), Sweet Memories (KH2)

Also, the Divine Rose Keyblade of KH2 is replaced by Rumbling Rose in KH2. This means, we would need another Keyblade done in this style and having the word "Rose" in the name. This would be the Beast's Castle Keyblade of KH3.

Now, since we decided that Agrabah, Halloween Town and 100 Acre Wood aren't returning for this game, we don't have to worry about their Keyblades. But I can't say the same about Olympus Coliseum and Atlantica. Their respective Keyblades need to be replaced for the third game. Also, as Port Royal is returning, we would also need a new Keyblade for that one to replace the Follow the Wind one from KH2. The same goes for either the Pinocchio or Peter Pan worlds from KH1, whichever one gets chosen. Pinocchio has a Wishing Star Keyblade and Peter Pan a Fairy Harp one.

Also, I think Port Royal should be themed to the next two Pirate movies (like how KH2's is themed to the first one). Since we are going to revisit worlds later in the game, why not maybe have the first Port Royal visit be themed to the second Pirate movie (Dead Man's Chest) and the second visit the third (At World's End)? Either way, we should definitely have Davy Jones as a boss.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, I was figuring that the "turn of events" deal is what triggers the world revisits.

Also, in certain worlds that reappeared in both "regular" KH games, the Keyblades to gain have gone by different names and designs:

• OLYMPUS COLISEUM: Olympia (KH1), Hero's Crest (KH2)
  • AGRABAH: Three Wishes (KH1), Wishing Lamp (KH2)
  • ATLANTICA: Crabclaw (KH1), Mysterious Abyss (KH2)
  • HALLOWEEN TOWN: Pumpkinhead (KH1), Decisive Pumpkin (KH2)
  • 100 ACRE WOOD: Spellbinder (KH1), Sweet Memories (KH2)
Also, the Divine Rose Keyblade of KH2 is replaced by Rumbling Rose in KH2. This means, we would need another Keyblade done in this style and having the word "Rose" in the name. This would be the Beast's Castle Keyblade of KH3.

Now, since we decided that Agrabah, Halloween Town and 100 Acre Wood aren't returning for this game, we don't have to worry about their Keyblades. But I can't say the same about Olympus Coliseum and Atlantica. Their respective Keyblades need to be replaced for the third game. Also, as Port Royal is returning, we would also need a new Keyblade for that one to replace the Follow the Wind one from KH2. The same goes for either the Pinocchio or Peter Pan worlds from KH1, whichever one gets chosen. Pinocchio has a Wishing Star Keyblade and Peter Pan a Fairy Harp one.

Also, I think Port Royal should be themed to the next two Pirate movies (like how KH2's is themed to the first one). Since we are going to revisit worlds later in the game, why not maybe have the first Port Royal visit be themed to the second Pirate movie (Dead Man's Chest) and the second visit the third (At World's End)? Either way, we should definitely have Davy Jones as a boss.

Some of the Keyblades from returning worlds will be renamed. Every world in the game does not need to have a Keyblade. Wasn't like that in KH1.

I feel like Port Royal would only work with the second movie. We could still throw in parts of the third movie. I'll have Davy Jones as a boss, as well as the Kraken, but then to have Captain Barbossa reappear after we just shot him...? It's like..we just killed somebody and now they're on our side. Doesn't flow. And we don't need to add every possible sequel into one game. If I did that, say hello to Morgana and Aladdin's father.

This is just a side note:
Since there are world revisits in the game, if a character, area or event doesn't take place within the world's first visit, based on it's story, it's most likely to occur in the world revisit.

mharrington

I feel like Port Royal would only work with the second movie. We could still throw in parts of the third movie. I'll have Davy Jones as a boss, as well as the Kraken, but then to have Captain Barbossa reappear after we just shot him...? It's like..we just killed somebody and now they're on our side. Doesn't flow. And we don't need to add every possible sequel into one game. If I did that, say hello to Morgana and Aladdin's father.

Okay, so will it be themed mainly to just the second movie then?

And also when are you putting up your Radiant Garden walkthrough?

mharrington

Once again, I've tried to restrain myself against doing more than one post, but I feel I must explain something. It's actually a concept for at least the first visit to Pleasure Island, my proposed idea for the Pinocchio-themed world, should we do that instead of Neverland.

After Sora and co. arrive at the location in the spacey area, you are witnessed to an extended cut-scene of Honest John and Gideon speaking with the Coachman in a tavern. The Coachman promises to pay a large sum of money to the two crooks in return for stupid little boys. As the Coachman puts it, "them disobedient ones what skip school." He plans to take them to Pleasure Island. The two rogues cower at the mention of the location, as well as the Coachman's nasty grin, but they accept the deal.

Meanwhile, Sora and co. come to a hill overlooking a small road to a boat dock where a boat waits to go to and from Pleasure Island in the distance. They see a big coach pulled by sad-looking donkeys come by, driven by the Coachman, whose whip cracks on the poor things now and then. The coach is almost overloaded with shouting and cheering boys. Jiminy Cricket overhears the whole hubbub and hurries over to see what's going on. Sora and co. exchange words on why the donkeys look so sad, what's up with the boys on the coach and why one of the boys looks like Pinocchio. Suddenly, they do a double take at this, realizing that it is Pinocchio. They go after the coach to retrieve him. They run behind and to the side of the coach.

This triggers another cut-scene, with Pinocchio, who is seated between the Coachman and a miscreant of a boy, name of Lampwick. Lampwick fires his slingshot off to the side of the coach and the projectile hits Donald on the head. They discuss having fun once they reach Pleasure Island. Meanwhile, Sora and his group continue after it, all the way to the Boat Dock.

At the dock, they all get aboard the boat. Sora and co. manage to remain unseen by the others. The boat goes into a Rocky Crevice, where the boat docks and leads to Pleasure Island. They are impressed by the location, but Jiminy warns them to remain focused so as to find and save Pinocchio, especially since there may be those Heartless about. They try and constantly avoid the other boys roaming wildly on the island and behaving badly, doing things that no adult would ever stand for them doing: smoking, drinking, gambling, vandalizing, etc.

They search high and low about the island for Pinocchio, who is hanging out with Lampwick all the time. They keep going to all the places they go, but keep missing them each and every time. They first go to the Rough House and then to the Model Home, which is open for destruction. In both of these places, they find no sign of Pinocchio or Lampwick, but they do find Heartless to battle. After taking out the Heartless from these two locations, they continue on with their search.

Meanwhile, the Coachman orders his subordinates to shut the big gates of the island, then tells them to get the crates ready, saying confidently that if one were to "give a bad boy enough rope, he'll soon make a jackass of himself."

That night, the island is barren of any boys as Sora, Jiminy and the others continue to search for Pinocchio, battling Heartless every now and then. They try one last place: the Pool Hall. In a cut-scene here, Lampwick encourages Pinocchio to really take a drag on smoking a cigar, which apparently the puppet does not agree with, as he finds out the hard way. Jiminy, Sora and co. enter, upset beyond all reason, and try in vain to persuade Pinocchio to leave before it's too late. But Lampwick ridicules Sora and co. So, filled with rage and humiliation, Jiminy, Sora and co. leave, battling Heartless as they head back to the Boat Dock.

Once they get to the dock, however, not only do they find the gates locked, they make a shocking discovery: a curse on the island has transformed all the misbehaving boys into donkeys who are then sold by Honest John, Gideon, the Coachman and the Heartless as work forces in salt mines and circuses. Forgetting their anger, the heroes all return to the Pool Hall as fast as they can to get Pinocchio off the island once and for all, battling more and more Heartless along the way. But they are alarmingly close to being too late, for Lampwick has already turned fully into a donkey and Pinocchio has gained donkey ears and a tail. Sora's party quickly fetch Pinocchio to leave the island.

Unbeknownst to them, however, the Coachman, Honest John and Gideon have been searching for any remaining boys/donkeys not yet captured and imprisoned. They see Pinocchio running off with Sora's party and the Coachman orders the alarms sounded. Suddenly, more powerful Heartless (and a few Nobodies, too) spring forth to resist Sora's rescuing of Pinocchio to the death. Here, the party must protect Pinocchio from damage for the remainder of this part of the game. Sora escorts Pinocchio to the Boat Dock to leave for home. But once they get there, they meet Honest John and Gideon waiting for them. Pinocchio learns that he had been tricked by them. So Sora and co. do battle with the two rogues, all the while trying to keep Pinocchio safe from harm. Once the battle with the two rogues is finished, Honest John calls out the Coachman to deal with them. So Sora and co. do battle with him. Once defeated, Pinocchio (after some lying on his part) says he never should've left home; he had been tricked. He holds out his "ticket" to Pleasure Island that Honest John gave him and glows, activating another world. So Sora and co. leave Pinocchio in Jiminy's care, the cricket promising that he will get him home to Geppetto quickly.

So, what did anyone think? This is only the first visit to the world, too. And I'm still unsure if we should do this or Neverland. Is there a full list of the worlds yet, please?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, it's good. However, the storyline of trying to find Pinocchio for most of the first visit can get a little boring. I pictured Sora, Donald and Goofy enjoying themselves on Pleasure Island and them turning into donkeys, as well. Also, Jiminy Cricket wouldn't be able to stay with Pinocchio, considering he chronicles Sora's journey. Without Jiminy all worlds, characters, etc. after Pinocchio's world, would be left out of his journal.

I'm still deciding on whether to do Peter Pan, Pinocchio, or ditch the two and do a new world. And I'm not going to be posting a full list of the worlds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom