Kingdom Hearts III -Imagineering A Video Game

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This is a thread that is based fully on the rumored installment of the Kingdom Hearts series. While Square-Enix and Disney, the rightful creators of the series, are currently making 3 new games for the series, I figured it would be interesting to create a possible third installment.

This thread will feature everything from all aspects of the game. From world descriptions, to character profiles, to weapons and hidden items. I will basically explain the entire game, through vivid detail, illustration and description. Kingdom Hearts would be one of the more difficult games to describe, what with the detailed worlds and vast variety of characters, but I feel like it could be accomplished.

With 16 exploratory worlds, creative weapons, new characters and adventures, this installment is sure to bring just as many thrills and excitment from the previous games.

Basically, I'll describe each world, with a detailed description of every room. Then, we'll move onto the story of each world, along with fighting battles, encountering Heartless and finding items. After each world segment is completed, there will be a "Journal Entry" post, which states the overall story of the world, what characters you met there, what items you found and other information about the world.

More to come soon!

Disneyson 1

Exciting! So is there a "Starter World" like Destiny Islands or... uh... that town that I can't seem to remember the name of in KH2... in this game?

mharrington

Exciting! So is there a "Starter World" like Destiny Islands or... uh... that town that I can't seem to remember the name of in KH2... in this game?

The "starter world" in KH2 is Twilight Town. I wonder what levels we've got going on here? Do you plan to have any returning levels from previous games?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the comments so far!

Yes, there will be a starter world, which will be Destiny Islands. I know, this was the premiere world for the first game, but the third game will take place immediately following the sequel.

As seen in the ending of the sequel, Sora, Riku and Kairi receive a letter from King Mickey. The game will start a few days before the group receives the letter, that way, it gives the players a chance to explore the characters and island and get settled into the feel of the game. (Very similar to the start of KH2, with how the intro was separated into days. Obviously, the intro won't be 3 hours long!)

On the final day, the group receives the letter. Sora meets up with some familiar friends and he finds himself on another adventure, all started by the information given by the King. From this point, Sora and the gang head off to the second world, where they continue their adventure.

Mharrington, there are 16 worlds total. There will be 6 returning worlds, 1 re-created world from KH1 and 9 new worlds. Of course, the six returning worlds will feature new settings, characters and storylines. And vetter yet, the returning worlds are mostly fan favorites.

Disneyson 1

^^ It seems that he's keeping the worlds under wraps until the time that they appear in the walk-through (he did say there would be a Sleeping Beauty world, though.) And I'm wondering about the "revisiting" aspect as well. Ah well. We'll see soon enough.

mharrington

There will be 6 returning worlds, 1 re-created world from KH1 and 9 new worlds. Of course, the six returning worlds will feature new settings, characters and storylines. And vetter yet, the returning worlds are mostly fan favorites.

I have an idea for a new world. It would be themed to the Silly Symphonies. It would be this game's version of the Timeless River level of KH2. Timeless River is themed to the B&W Mickey shorts, especially Steamboat Willie.

Now for the Symphonies level, it would be themed to several SS shorts, focusing primarily on The Three Little Pigs. I was also thinking of having the role of Pete from KH2 be played by the Big Bad Wolf, who tries time and again to thwart Sora.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I have an idea for a new world. It would be themed to the Silly Symphonies. It would be this game's version of the Timeless River level of KH2. Timeless River is themed to the B&W Mickey shorts, especially Steamboat Willie.

Now for the Symphonies level, it would be themed to several SS shorts, focusing primarily on The Three Little Pigs. I was also thinking of having the role of Pete from KH2 be played by the Big Bad Wolf, who tries time and again to thwart Sora.

Yes, there will be world revisits like in KH2. Halfway through the game, there will be a major turning point and the second half of the adventure will begin.

As for a Silly Symphonies land, I've already thought of a land that was primarily based around "Disney Classic Cartoon" characters. Not black and white like Timeless River, however.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Kingdom Hearts III- Intro

Mharrington, I'm not a big fan of giving spoilers, especially when it's for a big turning point in the game. It decreaes the excitement when it actually happens.

Disneyson, yes there will be a variety of Final Fantasy characters throughout the game.

Kingdom Hearts III

521Le-20090401-1238615254.png

The menu screen comes onto the television. There are two options displayed on the screen: New Game and Load Game. Well, you have your Memory Card in the Playstation slot, but since you haven’t started the game yet, there are no files to load. So, you choose New Game. Afterwards, the level of difficulty menu appears on the screen. There are three levels of difficulty.

• Beginner’s Mode (The easiest mode of the game. You’re sure to win. However, you’ll miss out on some surprises during the game.)
• Normal Mode (The normal level of difficultly. It’s a bit more challenging, but you can unlock all of the secret goodies in this mode.)
• Expert Mode (The hardest level of difficulty. This is for the true experts of gaming. It has even more secret goodies than normal mode!)

You decide to choose the Normal Mode of gameplay. After you select, the next screen comes up. This screen displays the vibration controller settings. You can choose whatever you’d like. After you choose, the sound settings menu comes on. Once again, you can choose whatever you’d like for your own personal game experience. After you confirm your settings, the game starts and the screen goes black…

The game starts with the regular narration by Sora, accompanied with a CGI introduction video. During the opening video, Utada Hikaru’s song, Heart Station, from her same title album, Heart Station expresses the theme of the third game. The video displays scenes from KH2 (i.e. Sora’s fight against 1,000 heartless, the destruction of Orgainzation XIII, Sora and Kairi’s connection to Roxas and Namine and the defeat of Xemnas, Sora reuniting with Kairi on the islands). At the end of the CGI intro, the screen focuses on Sora, Kairi and Riku and then moves out to focus on Destiny Islands, sitting on a beautiful sunset...

islands.jpg

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Destiny Islands

Destiny Islands
Day One

The day was just like any other day on Destiny Islands…bright, warm and beautiful. The game starts off they day after KH2 ends. The day begins with a cutscene of Sora, Kairi and Riku on the island, talking about their adventures in the last two years. After two years of adventure, they al agree that they could just use time to relax; a time where they don’t have to worry about The Heartless and Keyholes.

The first day serves as a basic tutorial on how to perform certain tasks. Sora must go to several destinations on the island. The front part of the island is the only part that can be explored. Once Sora arrives at the destination, a flashback occurs, which displays the fun times Sora, Riku and Kairi had on the island two years ago, before their adventure ever took place. After the flashback, Riku and Kairi teach Sora how to perform a certain task (i.e. how to strike up a conversation with nearby people, how to jump, how to use a save point, how to move/throw objects, and how to unlock treasure chests).

After the final tutorial lesson is completed, another cutscene takes place. The group talks about how much has happened in the past two years, as the sunsets below the distant ocean. Sora, Riku and Kairi board their canoes and head for the main island, where the village is located.

At night, a series of dark figures appear on the island. No dialogue is heard but it’s made very clear that something is being discussed…

Day Two​
The next morning, just another beautiful day on Destiny Islands. Sora, Riku and Kairi talk about how bored they get on these long summer days and how they want to do something fun. A few familiar faces show up: Selphie, Wakka and Tidus. The group suggests that they have a little friendly combat competition. (This day is mainly important to get the player to feel what an actual BOSS fight would be like during combat.)

The competition is separated into seeds. Of course, Sora battles with the Keyblade, as the other characters battle with their respective weapons. First up, is Selphie vs. Kairi. In the end, Selphie prevails (mainly because there’s something about Sora and Kairi in a fighting match that doesn’t look right). After Selphie wins, the competition continues…

• Sora vs. Selphie (Selphie fights with a whip/jump rope. She is a very easy competitor to defeat.)
• Then comes Sora vs. Tidus (It’s the battle of the blades. Tidus is a fairly easy competitor, but can also provide a challenge.)
• Next is Sora vs. Wakka (Wakka uses his famous blitzball. Wakka is a harder enemy, but if you’re good at dodging attacks you’re sure to win.)
• Finally we reach Sora vs. Riku (Riku fights with hos Soul Eater weapon. This fight is really determined by how quickly you attack and how swift you are at avoiding attacks. The outcome of this competition in no way affects the game. However, you’ll lose out on some items!)

For becoming the victor of the competition, you’ll receive a Potion (x3), a Hi-Potion, an Ether and a Mythril Guard armor piece.

After the competition is complete, Sora, Riku and Kairi enter the secret cavern of Destiny Islands, known as the Secret Place.
Inside, the stone walls of the cavern are covered with a series of various images. A small crack in the rocky ceiling gives the minimal amount of light. On the opposite side of the entrance, lies a sealed door, never opened. Sora, Riku and Kairi wonder what lies behind the mysterious door. As Riku and Kairi exit, Sora gets the feeling he’s not alone. He looks behind him to find a Shadow Heartless crawl from beneath the door, and vanish into the air, dropping something in the process. Sora runs out of the cavern.

Day Three​
Another beautiful day on the island…but something doesn’t seem right. Sora and Riku sit on a palm branch on the suspended island, surrounded by water. They agree that things haven’t really changed, after all. Suddenly, Kairi arrives from the Secret Place, holding a bottle. (As you can tell, this was the closing scene of KH2.) Inside the bottle, there is a scrolled letter with the King’s seal on it.

Sora wastes no time in opening the bottle and reading the letter.

Dear Sora, Riku and Kairi,
It’s come to my knowledge that the worlds and Kingdom Hearts are in great danger. I thought that it would be best for the Keyblade Master and his friends to become aware of this. I’m disappointed to burden you, with our defeat of Organization XIII a few days ago, but this situation needs to be taken care of! I’ve arranged plans for you, Riku and Kairi to arrive at Disney Castle, where I will tell you all about our troublesome situation.
Signed,
The King​
After Sora is done reading the letter, a bright glow emits from the writing. The glow spreads and blinds the group. Everything goes white and silent…

mharrington

Who do you think would voice Sora? You should at least make Sora, Riku and Kairi a bit older than usual, sort of like how the Harry Potter series shows the characters a bit older and more and more.

Also, will you get the option of switching between Riku and Kairi and Donald and Goofy for any two of the four for your party?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Who do you think would voice Sora? You should at least make Sora, Riku and Kairi a bit older than usual, sort of like how the Harry Potter series shows the characters a bit older and more and more.

Also, will you get the option of switching between Riku and Kairi and Donald and Goofy for any two of the four for your party?
Well, for voice-acting, the obvious choice would be to bring back Haley Joel Osment. He would sound much moe mature than the previous games. Around this point of the game, Riku would be about 18 and Sora and Kairi, 17.

There will be an option of switching party members. I'm not necessarily certain if they'll be Riku and Kairi, Donald and Goofy, etc. but the party members option will be there.

Right now, I'm about halfway done with planning the first half of the game. I'm currently working on two lands, currently labled, Haunted Grounds and ToonTown. Care to take a guess what they're based on?

mharrington

Well, for voice-acting, the obvious choice would be to bring back Haley Joel Osment. He would sound much moe mature than the previous games. Around this point of the game, Riku would be about 18 and Sora and Kairi, 17.

Well, the reason I was asking about voice-acting was because that by now Osment may be a bit too mature for that role. But I'm not saying that that can't be done. It's really no different than, say, the Harry Potter series. I was just making an observation. We can keep him; I don't care.

Right now, I'm about halfway done with planning the first half of the game. I'm currently working on two lands, currently labled, Haunted Grounds and ToonTown. Care to take a guess what they're based on?

Well, Toontown for sure is based on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Is Haunted Grounds based on the Haunted Mansion movie? What are some of the other levels during the first half of the game?

Disneyson 1

^ In regards to the new worlds, what he said. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE STAR FRUIT THING??? Is there NO reference to that? GAWD! And, personally, the start of the game isn't as... cryptic as the others were. What happened to the darkened rooms with dark aura and random giant heartless and such? And where's the customary dream sequence and constant reference to randomness and "our worlds are connected"?!? HOW DISAPPOINTING.

Just kidding! Really, you seem to have a better grip on the story line than the creators, who seemed to have made it up along the way!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, the reason I was asking about voice-acting was because that by now Osment may be a bit too mature for that role. But I'm not saying that that can't be done. It's really no different than, say, the Harry Potter series. I was just making an observation. We can keep him; I don't care.

Well, Toontown for sure is based on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Is Haunted Grounds based on the Haunted Mansion movie? What are some of the other levels during the first half of the game?

Yeah, Osment does sound a bit mature, but he recorded KH:CoM not too long ago and sounded more or less the same way he did in KH2. Voice-acting really isn't the primary point right now.

ToonTown is going to be based on several Disney tie-ins (i.e. Who Framed Rodger Rabbit, Mickey's Hometown, and possibly even some Fantasia.)

Disneyson, yes the Papou Fruit. I know I didn't mention anything about it. (I don't think it played a big role in the second game, though. I'm pretty sure they'll be a reference later on in the game. (I just don't want to pile so much stuff from the previous games in the first hour of this one.)

I know. No BIG bosses. No BIG dark rooms of terror. No BIG Heartless creatures. No BIG dream sequence segment, even though Sora technically didn't have one in the last game. I guess I kinda wanted to clear some of the soap off of the previous games and start fresh. (I mean, honestly, how many times do we want to walk over a glass platform of Snow White??)

I kind of did it all for a reason. This our first time actually exploring Destiny Islands, since the beginning of the first game. Not only does it serve as a great reminiscient world, but it also makes the gamer realize how far these characters have come and notice the many adventures they've been on. Just a great way to start of the game. Of course, it's all meant to lead the gamer on to believe that the worlds are at peace, when actually, not everything is as it seems...

Thanks for the comments!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Oh, and I sort of added a world. It was a last second decision. By the looks of where the story was heading, this world sort of had to be added to reunite Donald, Goofy and The King with Sora. It's not going to be a full "exploring" world, rather it's just here to move the story along. I'm sure you'll find out what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom