Trip Report Kids ruin everything.šŸ˜‰

Hi all,

After 6 very long years I'm finally going back. I'm at Gatwick Airport right now waiting for my flight.
This started out as a solo trip, so just me, Mimi.
wdw2018031925273538_408436433869_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

(This was me 6 years ago during a wonderful solo trip.)
However my sister said she would like to come as well which I was happy about as we get along great.
Then I agreed to take care of my 11 year old nephew T. for 6 weeks (my brother's child), which overlapped with my Disney trip. Well I wasn't cancelling after waiting 6 years so T. is coming along too, completely ruining the budget I had set for this trip. I've never done Disney with a child before, I've done my best to adjust my plans and expectations and hopefully we will all have a great time.

When: 13 January till 27 January.
Who: My sister P. nephew T and me.
Where: All Star Sport

I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed, riding the new rides and all the delicious food.
We are not doing a lot of sit down dinners as my nephew is a bit of a bouncy ball, so no one would enjoy that.

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
I forgot to mention that before we left the room T. scored us a boarding time for Tron.
Screenshot_20240114_070129_Disney World.jpg

As Tron was obviously a must do for all of us, we were happy we got it on the first try. The kid has fast fingers so we got our boarding call just after 10am.
20240114_101703.jpg

T. and P. got the first row bikes and I was in the second row. Unfortunately our ride photos never seem to load šŸ˜•. We all loved it, such a fun design to sit on the bike. And boy does is go fast, I was a bit woozy getting of that bike at the end.
After Tron we went back to Main Street so T. could check out the shops. The kid had some money saved up and was itching to spend it. I took the opportunity to have some pictures taken in front of this beauty.
1298200728_MEDIUM (3).jpg

T. picked out a Magic Band he wanted but had sticker shock when he converted the price into Australian dollars. We got it for him anyway but I'm hoping I can assign the Magic Band to me after this trip so I can get some more use out of it.
A nice Cast member helped us link the band to T.'s account.
20240118_081036.jpg

As soon as T. had his Band he wanted to go wave at statues so we went to find some.
20240114_124143.jpg

So cute. šŸ˜
P. and I had talked (a lot) about getting a dole whip float but it was just too cold for it.šŸ„¶
So we walked right past them. T. saw the Robbinson Family Tree and had to climb it.
20240114_131338.jpg

A long discussion then took place wether the tree was real or not. T. was convinced the tree was real and kept touching the bark etc. It was sweet to experience this with T. as I usually walk past this.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
First the bad news -sorry to tell you MagicBands are not transferable.

Now the good news - go to a Photopass station in any of the parks (there is one in each park) and if you know approximately the time you rode an attraction they can search for the ride photo and add it to you MDE.

Just did this yesterday at MK. Photopass is in the Theater on Main Street.

12in12

Original Poster
First the bad news -sorry to tell you MagicBands are not transferable.

Now the good news - go to a Photopass station in any of the parks (there is one in each park) and if you know approximately the time you rode an attraction they can search for the ride photo and add it to you MDE.

Just did this yesterday at MK. Photopass is in the Theater on Main Street.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. T. is having so much fun with his Magic Band it was worth buying even if we can't transfer it. I hope you are having a great time too. I'll check out the photo pass stations because we are missing a lot of them or are getting other people's photos.

sheriffwoody

Following along now! Love that you're getting some new experiences with your nephew. It is definitely different with kids in tow, but can open your eyes to new things :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom