Trip Report Kids ruin everything.šŸ˜‰

Hi all,

After 6 very long years I'm finally going back. I'm at Gatwick Airport right now waiting for my flight.
This started out as a solo trip, so just me, Mimi.
wdw2018031925273538_408436433869_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

(This was me 6 years ago during a wonderful solo trip.)
However my sister said she would like to come as well which I was happy about as we get along great.
Then I agreed to take care of my 11 year old nephew T. for 6 weeks (my brother's child), which overlapped with my Disney trip. Well I wasn't cancelling after waiting 6 years so T. is coming along too, completely ruining the budget I had set for this trip. I've never done Disney with a child before, I've done my best to adjust my plans and expectations and hopefully we will all have a great time.

When: 13 January till 27 January.
Who: My sister P. nephew T and me.
Where: All Star Sport

I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed, riding the new rides and all the delicious food.
We are not doing a lot of sit down dinners as my nephew is a bit of a bouncy ball, so no one would enjoy that.

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
I had a really nice flight with BA. Plane was fairly new and clean, staff was friendly and food was pretty tasty for airplane food.
20240113_133427.jpg

I had a veggie curry, some cheese and crackers, a breadroll with salted butter and an apple and hazelnut crumble.
2 hours before landing I also got a cheese and tomato wrap.
I watched a few movies and had a nap so the 9 hours went quickly.
I landed in the new terminal C where I had to collect my luggage before going through immigration.
I always have to go to secondary screening when entering the US because of my visa which can take a long time. Today however it all went super quick and the border agents were actually friendly.
20240113_171320.jpg
I took my first ride of this holiday from terminal C to B and I'm currently waiting for my sister and nephew to arrive as they took a different flight.

I'm already so happy and excited just being back in Florida. Can't wait for tomorrow.

12in12

Original Poster
1st in !! It will be great to hear your thoughts on the changes since you havenā€™t been for a while too like we hadnā€™t last year. Have fun.šŸ¤©
Thank you, I enjoyed reading your trip report. I'll definitely do a trip report but I might have to wait until after my nephew is back home with his parents.
It would be great to see the famous trip reporter Tuvalu.
Have a great time!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
Thanks, I'll try and keep good notes.
I hope you have a great time!
Thank you, so do I. It will certainly be different this time.

12in12

Original Poster

12in12

Original Poster

12in12

Original Poster
So I met my sister and nephew at terminal B and we took an Uber to All Star Sports. Our driver was nice and slowed down so we could get this picture. I was in the back seat so it's not the best.
20240113_184145.jpg

I had checked in online so we went straight to our room when we arrived.
20240113_185416.jpg

I had like 3 seconds to take some pictures of the room before it got messy but you all know what the All Star rooms look like.
We did have a little extra decoration above the front door.
20240113_195909.jpg

We were tired so decided to just leave it for the night.
I had managed to place an order with Walmart that had been delivered in the afternoon, so after dropping of my bag I walked to Bell services to pick it up. I was very pleased I'd been able to get some drinks and food delivered since I'm trying to keep cost down this trip and my nephew can eat a lot.
After we unpacked and showered we went to sleep as it was 3am our time and we had all been up since 7am.

12in12

Original Poster
Sunday 14 January Magic Kingdom Day!
Because of jetlag we all woke up early so no need to rush to get the bus.
I brought coffee from home and bought a kettle from Walmart so my sister and I can make our own coffee in the room. šŸ˜Š
20240114_061734.jpg

We ate some strawberries for breakfast and T. had a muffin as well. I made sandwiches for lunch to take to the park. T. loved the American snacks I had ordered, especially cheese strings and a selection individual bags of chips to take to the parks. Walmart substituted my chips selection and we got bags like Funions etc. T. lives in Australia and was unfamiliar with all these flavours, so he was very excited. Even took pictures to send to his friends.We also had small bottles of coke, which his mum won't let him drink so he was extra happy with our packed lunch.( Aunties get to spoil him.)

After we packed our bag we went to catch the first bus to MK. Now T. loves Goofy and guess what bus came to take us to MK?
20240114_074338.jpg

We got to the park around 7.45 and made our way slowly up Main Street. I was feeling a bit emotional being back but I could not really soak it in as T. was talking non stop and I had to stop him from going into the shops, as I wanted to go and que for Fantasy Land. We had made a plan for early entry and T. had picked 7DMT as his first ever ride at WDW.
So we waited for rope drop, we were quite close to the actual rope so I was liking our chances of gettingon 7DMT quickly. At 8.28am T. informs me he needs the bathroom. I ask if he can hold it but no, he needs to go. So when the rope drops everyone makes a run for the rides and we run to the bathroom.
5c993918849a1858176cc694ee3c354a.gif

So the kid ruined our morning plan.
After the bathroom 7DMT had a 75 minute wait so his first ever ride at WDW was...
20240114_083812.jpg

T. Will turn 12 in March but luckily he really liked it and so did P. and I.
20240114_083901.jpg

T's hoodie glowed in the dark during the ride.
After Pooh T. really wanted to ride...
20240114_085042.jpg

Personally I felt this was a waste of time and was getting a bit annoyed but P. luckily reminded me it was about T. having fun not sticking to our plan. So off T. and P. went to ride a race car.
20240114_090101.jpg

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
While P. and T. rode Speedway I just sat and people watched. It was wonderful being at MK and for a few minutes I got to soak up the magic.
Soon however it was time to crush T. at one of my favourite rides.
20240114_091208.jpg

I had told T. it was a shooting game and he was convinced he could beat his old auntie.
I rode on my own and after maxing out one laser blaster I switched to the other one. T. was impressed but also annoyed.
20240114_092032.jpg

My ride photo probably didn't make him feel any better.
1298071351_MEDIUM.jpg

12in12

Original Poster
Next up was visiting 999 ghost, there was only a 13 minute wait so we by passed the whole que, which I was a bit sad about as it has so many great features.
Before we knew it we were here and soon we were in our doom buggy.
20240114_093846.jpg

I was excited to see this guy on the ride.
20240114_094503.jpg

Last edited:

Minnie1986

Next up was visiting 999 ghost, there was only a 13 minute wait so we by passed the whole que, which I was a bit sad about as it has so mnay great features.
Before we knew it we were here and a soon we were in our doom buggy.View attachment 763480
I was excited to see this guy on the ride.
Perhaps someone can let me know if this is true, however, I once read that if the wait for HM is 13 minutes, it's actually clever Disney code for there not actually being a wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom