Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

EPCOT's Journey of Water walkway reopens to guests following high-pressure leak​

Journey-of-Water-Inspired-by-Moana_Full_54515.jpg

_caleb

tparris

I know they tore out the pavement and repaired the pipes, but from this photo, it looks like they just caulked along the curb where the air was leaking out!
There are several sections of new pavement in random spots around World Celebration that have this weird temporary looking caulk in between sections for some reason

jeanericuser001

So that is what it sounds like when epcot farts eh? A big loud hissing noise. Apparently moana made those waters flow a little too much thus it had to let it out in a long term burst that everyone could hear. Then again maybe they should not have listened to Elsa's advice of Let it go.

The Lochness Monsta

I think they've gone way too far away from the idea for the park. The front is supposed to be about the future. Most of what they've done has nothing to do with that subject matter.

.... And before anyone says something... yes Epcot the city and the park are 2 different things. But both have an emphasis on the future. ... or they at least should (see Spaceship Earth and Horizons).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think they've gone way too far away from the idea for the park. The front is supposed to be about the future. Most of what they've done has nothing to do with that subject matter.

.... And before anyone says something... yes Epcot the city and the park are 2 different things. But both have an emphasis on the future. ... or they at least should (see Spaceship Earth and Horizons).

"Future" as a unifying theme is no longer part of EPCOT (not that everything that used to be part of Future World was actually about the future). It is intentionally abandoned.

So, "the front" isn't supposed to be "the future," unless it just happens to pop up as part of "Discovery," which isn't necessarily "the future."

Vinnie Mac

The future is such a hard concept to base a theme park off of. There's a reason Epcot has had to reinvent itself entirely possibly more than any other Disney park in the world. I mean it's practically a different park each decade.

The future is ever changing especially nowadays where things advance so quickly. We went from chatgpt being a basic chat model to AI being able to perfectly deepfake videos, generate incredibly realistic images, and be used on a daily basis for various purposes and task. Technology growth is much quicker now than it was 30-40 years ago.

I'm not saying a future oriented Epcot isn't possible it definitely is. There's so much of our modern world to explore. It's just the fact that it would be outdated again in 5-10 years

Disstevefan1

FutureDied.jpg

Disstevefan1

My 5 year old granddaughter just returned from a week at the parks. When she is asked what was her favorite thing, her reply is “Moana water at Epcot.”

Seems the imagineers know their next-gen target audience well. 😉
Totally agree. Any 5 year old in EPCOT would like Moana the best.

5 year olds love to play in water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom